Do we go outside of the family?

She’s not failing now, and she was fired along with almost all their head coaches when a new ad came in.

Again, North Carolina State, like a lot of women's basketball programs, was allowed to bottom out before Jolly-Harper got the job. She has never had the talent that she would have at Tennessee. Even during a rebuilding season this year at Missouri State, she has faired well against ranked D1 programs.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Are you kidding? Winning in the NCAA tourney seems like a wonderful accomplishment for the LVs right now. We should set that as a goal. Are you dealing realistically with where we are right now?
Are you? The top women's college basketball program in history still stocked with talent resides in Knoxville. There is now no legend to follow. Winning an NCAA tournament game is not even on the goals list of any coach we can and should hire.

That is hilarious! Thanks for some much needed comic relief during these sad, strange times. 😅

On another note - I remember the first time I saw “FYP” referenced, I did not think the F word they meant was “fix.” 😂😂😂😂🤦🏼‍♀️
Same here. The first time I saw WTH I thought they were talking about the Waco Tribune-Hearld.

I know a lady that is convinced that lol means "lots of love". Her husband owns a restaurant in West U (Houston) that George and Barbara Bush used to frequent. She posted lol in a media response to Barbara's passing 😥.

I think the point is that she won an NCAA Tournament game with one senior and one junior at Missouri State. If she was at here, she’d obviously be able to do way more than we are currently getting.
Why would you assume that? She failed with Power 5 talent at NC State. Her conference record there was abysmal. That is coaching against equivalent programs. Her out of conference record put her a bit over .500. She excels at coaching against weak opponents, then and now. The coach replacing her immediately started winning there with same talent.

Are you? The top women's college basketball program in history still stocked with talent resides in Knoxville. There is now no legend to follow. Winning an NCAA tournament game is not even on the goals list of any coach we can and should hire.
Guess we'll agree to disagree. How long can laurels be rested upon? There's who we used to be and like to think we could be again, and then there's who we actually are. This stock of "talent" is far more potential than proven successful "talent". So yes, since we haven't exactly been setting the world on fire for a minute a coach who consistently wins NCAA tourney games would be an upgrade.

We definitely agree the next coach will not be burdened with legend following LOL.

Younger Ogwumikes, Langley helping build Rice into a power

Coach Tina Langley took over the program in 2015, after seven years at Maryland as an assistant, including five as associate head coach. On the surface, the dichotomy between the Terrapins and the Owls was stark: Maryland had just gone to the Final Four, while Rice had finished 9-21 the previous season. Underneath, however, the Terps were going through a resurrection of their own after missing the NCAA Tournament in 2010, and taking a few seasons to rebuild to elite status. That meant there were a lot of lessons for Langley to take from College Park to Houston in constructing a successful program.

“The type of student-athlete that you recruit to the the way that you train — every little thing matters,” Langley said. “That’s what makes the great programs great. You don’t leave anything out: nutrition is important, helping kids manage their workload is important, how you run a practice. Everything is important.”

Guess we'll agree to disagree. How long can laurels be rested upon? There's who we used to be and like to think we could be again, and then there's who we actually are. This stock of "talent" is far more potential than proven successful "talent". So yes, since we haven't exactly been setting the world on fire for a minute a coach who consistently wins NCAA tourney games would be an upgrade.

We definitely agree the next coach will not be burdened with legend following LOL.
Winning tournament "games" versus winning a tournament game is a different conversation. She won an important game, not much else.

Why would you assume that? She failed with Power 5 talent at NC State. Her conference record there was abysmal. That is coaching against equivalent programs. Her out of conference record put her a bit over .500. She excels at coaching against weak opponents, then and now. The coach replacing her immediately started winning there with same talent.
glv98 said it well.. “agree to disagree”. You’re right that I am assuming she would be great. But I’m basing that on actually doing research on the situation at NC State (following a legend at a lower tier P5 and getting a new AD who fired everybody) and seeing her coach a few times this season. You’re also assuming she wouldn’t do well. To each his own.

glv98 said it well.. “agree to disagree”. You’re right that I am assuming she would be great. But I’m basing that on actually doing research on the situation at NC State (following a legend at a lower tier P5 and getting a new AD who fired everybody) and seeing her coach a few times this season. You’re also assuming she wouldn’t do well. To each his own.
Grasping at the stronghold of the Lady Vol mafia. This is creating an imaginary candidacy for someone that doesn't belong in the conversation because that is what the Lady Vol sheep do.

Grasping at the stronghold of the Lady Vol mafia. This is creating an imaginary candidacy for someone that doesn't belong in the conversation because that is what the Lady Vol sheep do.

Who would you want to see ? We all know Geno, Muffet, Dawn, Vic, and Jeff are all probably happy and too pricey (maybe Walz leaves but I don’t know).

I wouldnt mind seeing someone like Kellie get an interview especially if her team does well in this tourney with only one senior and one junior and the rest sophomores and freshman.

Brenda Frese recruits well and has success. If she wants to make more money and take on a new challenge TN may be the place for her. She also might like close to a double in attendance I think they average around 4,500 a game at UMD. I’ve said it before but her base salary is $550k that doesn’t put her near the top of the SEC and getting her for $650-700k would probably be a steal with SEC type money.

Everyone saying Harper, I personally have no idea how good of a coach she is or recruiter. I say go for the best out there, make them say no til you get to a yes. That's all providing we actually have a opening.
The no's will be in the order PF decides and I'M sure $$$ will have alot to do with it.

Everyone saying Harper, I personally have no idea how good of a coach she is or recruiter. I say go for the best out there, make them say no til you get to a yes. That's all providing we actually have a opening.
The no's will be in the order PF decides and I'M sure $$$ will have alot to do with it.
If you have the ESPN app, you can go back and watch her game against DePaul. Andraya Carter did commentary for the game and mentioned a lot of similarities in Harper and Summitt.

I also think Jeff Walz would do well. I know some have mentioned not liking his personality though.

Same here. The first time I saw WTH I thought they were talking about the Waco Tribune-Hearld.

I know a lady that is convinced that lol means "lots of love". Her husband owns a restaurant in West U (Houston) that George and Barbara Bush used to frequent. She posted lol in a media response to Barbara's passing 😥.
That’s sad, terrible, funny.

Reactions: BUBear and T_Vol376
Who would you want to see ? We all know Geno, Muffet, Dawn, Vic, and Jeff are all probably happy and too pricey (maybe Walz leaves but I don’t know).

I wouldnt mind seeing someone like Kellie get an interview especially if her team does well in this tourney with only one senior and one junior and the rest sophomores and freshman.

Brenda Frese recruits well and has success. If she wants to make more money and take on a new challenge TN may be the place for her. She also might like close to a double in attendance I think they average around 4,500 a game at UMD. I’ve said it before but her base salary is $550k that doesn’t put her near the top of the SEC and getting her for $650-700k would probably be a steal with SEC type money.

Based on the same reasons you state above, the McGraw’s, Walz’s, and Vic’s May be too expensive. Given that, if they interviewed Kellie and her eventual replacement at N.C. State, Wes Moore. I go with Wes Moore based on his proven track record.

While I don’t recall or know all of the specifics of the new AD coming in and “firing everyone” -I know this: The women’s basketball team is now as good or better there than it’s ever been. Seems maybe the AD made the correct move.

VN Store

Back