Game Thread: UT-Lady Vols v UCLA NCAA 1st Round

Watching the #11 seed Mo State and Depaul game and Kellie and Mo state wearing out the #6 seed DePaul. Announcers said this is the upset of the tourney so far. Some actual coaching going on there!
Nice to see a lady coach who has legs wearing a dress! JMHO as always! Mo state wins by 11

Last edited:
Reactions: 508mikey
Just from watching that video, I would have to say good riddance to Mz. Westbrook. Go find three point guards asap.

And then what, blame them for when the new season goes up in smoke cause of Holly's incompetence?
I don't want to see Evina treated like other players have been in the past, specifically Diamond Deshields. Diamond is a great player; when she was at UNC, she was a true leader, a spark for that team. When she came to Tenn. and as she advanced under Holly that spark was gone, you could see it in her face. When I look at Evina, Rennia, and others on this team, I see the same expression on their faces! It's not the players, it's the head coach and it's gonna be the same mess every year as long as Holly is coach. It's been 8 years and I'm tired of this player or that one getting blamed for being a diva, or not giving enough effort! These young women deserve better, they deserve to grow and have their talent developed.

Just from watching that video, I would have to say good riddance to Mz. Westbrook. Go find three point guards asap.

It’s Holly that needs to go, not Evina. She’s just answering the question honestly. Tired of Holly’s BS. She acts like everything is all rosy and great when behind the scenes it’s a damn mess. She’s not a leader.

Losing Westbrook would be a huge hit. She gets a lot of crap on here but she is loaded with talent. If she was with Geno, Vic, Muffitt or Tara she would already be an AA. Same goes for Davis. You can fault players all you want but these are kids not Pros.They have no say. They have to comply with what the coach says. They are sometimes played out of position, under utilized, unable to use their best skill set or not coached period. This is on the coach and Holly is guilty of everyone one of these and more I won't even touch on her actual coaching ability. You can get mad at effort or bad shots and turnovers and I see that on this board but even the best can feel defeated when you are NOT put into a position to succeed . These players are at a stage where they have little say and have to trust their coach to put them in a position to succeed -something Holly has not done. It can get maddening when you repeat the same mistakes for the same reasons expecting a different outcome. Holly has that mindset.

What I am saying is we have a lot of talented players some we have not seen them even closet their best. I for one do not blame them. I would wager a bet if these players are lucky enough to get a real coach you will see just how good these players are..

We need a new coach plain and simple. When the new coach comes in hopefully soon he or she should evaluate the actual talent we put on the floor. I'm fine with players leaving if they are not truly committed but we have to get things rolling with a new coach and then clean house. IMO this is almost a complete rebuild of the LV basketball program

Losing Westbrook would be a huge hit. She gets a lot of crap on here but she is loaded with talent. If she was with Geno, Vic, Muffitt or Tara she would already be an AA. Same goes for Davis. You can fault players all you want but these are kids not Pros.They have no say. They have to comply with what the coach says. They are sometimes played out of position, under utilized, unable to use their best skill set or not coached period. This is on the coach and Holly is guilty of everyone one of these and more I won't even touch on her actual coaching ability. You can get mad at effort or bad shots and turnovers and I see that on this board but even the best can feel defeated when you are NOT put into a position to succeed . These players are at a stage where they have little say and have to trust their coach to put them in a position to succeed -something Holly has not done. It can get maddening when you repeat the same mistakes for the same reasons expecting a different outcome. Holly has that mindset.

What I am saying is we have a lot of talented players some we have not seen them even closet their best. I for one do not blame them. I would wager a bet if these players are lucky enough to get a real coach you will see just how good these players are..

Nice post, thanks for taking up for the players. Not their fault, I agree.

Never once has Holly stepped up and said that it’s her that needs to work on things. I’m worried it will limit Davis and Westbrook’s opportunities to play at the next level if they continue under Holly. They both deserve the chance to become the best version of themselves possible and Holly isn’t helping them get there. She throws them under the bus every chance she gets trying to save her own skin.

Last edited:
Nice post, thanks for taking up for the players. Not their fault, I agree.

Never once had Holly stepped up and said that it’s her that needs to work on things. I’m worried it will limit Davis and Westbrook’s opportunities to play at the next level if they continue under Holly. They both deserve the chance to become the best version of themselves possible and Holly isn’t helping them get there. She throws them under the bus every chance she gets trying to save her own skin.

That's the problem. Think about it, You're a player who's passion is basketball. You commit 4 years of your life to a program and a coach. I think its safe to say Holly is a bad coach, motivator and teacher. One season you might deal with it but by the end of 2nd these kids have to start thinking hard. If I transfer I sit for a year. If I stay I won't get better and possibly never see my full potential. I don't see any of our players feeling that TN was a mistake. From what I see and read they regret Holly..it's not a case of playing time, homesick or being over recruited ...

Holly reminds me of those people who always think it's someone else fault, it's always on THEM. The kind of person you have to sit down and use that phrase - if you have a problem with 1 or 2 players over the years maybe its them but if you have problems with all these players over the last 7 years maybe its YOU!

Wow. No respect for Holly at all. She’s gone.

After playing in high school and getting a scholarship to play BB on college! It took me LESS THAN A WEEK....... I knew that my coach in college was Going to teach me this game that I love !!!!!
I watched the high school games with Evina on the internet. I watched the personal coach put her through drills , etc. I did not see AAU games but I have seen enough to know she was getting good instructions about how to play this game . She came to Tennessee expecting WHAT? To get better, play better BB than ever !!! So what has she gotten?
Can you imagine the disappointment she is feeling!
I don’t blame her or anyone else if they left ...

I have all of the games that I could record, saved on my Genie. I refuse to watch the losses and waste any of my time . I would rather watch the Hallmark channel.... at least there is a happy ending ! JMO

Reactions: Rixxx and Amb3096
Wow. No respect for Holly at all. She’s gone.
Yes, Evina or Holly...good players want to play for a chance to win with good players...LVs have that...they clearly were the most talented team on the floor today, but the coaching leadership wasn't there ...looking forward to what comes next... Go LVFL 🤙🏀🧡

12 Turnovers in her last two games.

UCLA: 2-10 FGs (20%) 6 points 6 Turnovers

3 of her turnovers were bad judgement, the other 3 were teammate assisted... as in should have been caught.

She created at least half our offense. You can't just grade from the stat sheet. She made several incredible passes and was the spark in the comeback. Easily our best player.

3 of her turnovers were bad judgement, the other 3 were teammate assisted... as in should have been caught.

She created at least half our offense. You can't just grade from the stat sheet. She made several incredible passes and was the spark in the comeback. Easily our best player.

You have no argument this is not the first time she has turn the ball over in crunch time. But i think the reason why Westbrook has so many bad turnovers is like Andy Landers keep saying she and the team is to inconsistent. And it starts with Holly she is to soft of a coach.

Reactions: volmanNC
Did you notice during the comeback that perhaps Holly read "Basketball for dummies". I noticed she had one play the team used over and over. It was the pick and roll. I bet Holly was really proud of herself!

IMO, no Tenn player except Rennia Davis would start at UConn. Rennia Davis would be an All America college player at UConn. IMO, she is by far the most talented player at UT...!!!!!! Holly has a way of turning great talented players into marginal players. Maybe it has something to do with her great knowledge? (where is the blue font color?) :rolleyes:

PLEASE CALL ME OUT IF IM WRONG!
We will. I hope you're not getting your factual information from some place like The Summitt moderators. They are NOT in the know as much as they want folks to believe they are.

I hope you are wrong about Holly. I think Fulmer sees and hears the moans around the program. I know when he was sitting two rows below us, unless he had in earplugs, he heard fans educated in the sport all around him complaining about Holly and then offering suggestions loudly. There are more and more empty seats at home as well as less orange in attendance in away games.

AD is having a hard time with long time donors and that is taking its toll. Fulmer is a business man and as much as he loves Holly, he loves this university, Pat, and what she did for UT more.

Oh how so many of us hope you're wrong about Holly staying.

One thing is certain, it was probably an uncomfortable plane ride back home after that interview.

Reactions: olddog
We will. I hope you're not getting your factual information from some place like The Summitt moderators. They are NOT in the know as much as they want folks to believe they are .

I read Maria's write up of the game, and even she seems resigned to the fact that Holly must go. She even brought up Evina's interview and did not criticize her for speaking her mind. It was the first time I've read one of her fluff pieces where she wasn't blowing rainbows up Holly's ass while she was kissing it. Very telling.

Reactions: travis929
I read Maria's write up of the game, and even she seems resigned to the fact that Holly must go. She even brought up Evina's interview and did not criticize her for speaking her mind. It was the first time I've read one of her fluff pieces where she wasn't blowing rainbows up Holly's ass while she was kissing it. Very telling.
Why? I want 5 more Westbrook's.

Not saying Westbrook should leave but we need a pg like Louisville 5-6 So Dana Evans what a pg can score pass and defend.

Reactions: Rixxx
Not saying Westbrook should leave but we need a pg like Louisville 5-6 So Dana Evans what a pg can score pass and defend.

Evina can be all-time great. She is just a sophomore and in the hands of the right coach, she will develop into an awesome PG.
Dana Evans would not be "Dana Evans" in Holly's system.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back