Non-Lady Vol news 2018-19

Wow, Mizzou got robbed with that play off the steal. Player got hit in the arm, head, and face on that layup with no foul called on Drake, then they call Sophie for her 4th foul trying to tie up. That was game right there.

Off to overtime. Each team with a pair of made threes. Been an entertaining game so far

been a lot of "missed" calls. It has been a physical game both ways, if they called them all both teams would have fouled out.

been a lot of "missed" calls. It has been a physical game both ways, if they called them all both teams would have fouled out.
Cunningham and Porter fouled out tied at 76, under 30 sec, Missouri ball. Let's see what they come up with, or off to a 2nd OT.

Drake fouled on a 3 from past NBA range and 1/2 s on the clock. Wow, what a brain freeze. Same girl who was fouled earlier with no call.

Btw they run a nice motion offense, Drake. Wish we could run something like that.

Drake fouled on a 3 from past NBA range and 1/2 s on the clock. Wow, what a brain freeze. Same girl who was fouled earlier with no call.

Was not a foul. She didn't touch her and she had plenty of room to come down. That was a nervous whistle from the official in anticipation of a foul. Poor call. NEVER EVER EVER should a game that close be decided by free throws with under a second to play.

Reactions: BUBear
Btw they run a nice motion offense, Drake. Wish we could run something like that.

They do. Not a lot of standing around, unlike...you know.

Mizzou escapes. That was a clean look Drake got.

That foul on the 3. Just...wow.

Was not a foul. She didn't touch her and she had plenty of room to come down. That was a nervous whistle from the official in anticipation of a foul. Poor call. NEVER EVER EVER should a game that close be decided by free throws with under a second to play.

In real time it didn't look like that, but on the replay she clearly got her left arm. The Drake girl didn't even protest. She knew she screwed up.

I just hope Iowa absolutely stomps them in the next round. MIZZOU has no answer for Gustafson.

That was a poorly officiated game all around and Sophie was up to her usual tricks. 3 or 4 dirty plays in that game alone. The Drake girls are tough though and just get up and move on.

The MIZZOU players complain about literally EVERY SINGLE CALL. It drives me nuts, if we did that when I played our coach would have had us running until we couldn't see straight. They are the most classless women's basketball program in the country. Disgusts me to see them win.

Texas lost to Indiana. For all of you clamoring for Karen Aston I told you she’s Holly with a more mature team. She’s not a good coach. Rarely makes in game adjustments and does not develop players. Joyner Holmes should be dominating, an All American, and next years #1 draft pick and she’s no where near that. I watch a lot of Texas ball,she’s not the answer.

Reactions: travis929
Texas lost to Indiana. For all of you clamoring for Karen Aston I told you she’s Holly with a more mature team. She’s not a good coach. Rarely makes in game adjustments and does not develop players. Joyner Holmes should be dominating, an All American, and next years #1 draft pick and she’s no where near that. I watch a lot of Texas ball,she’s not the answer.

100% right. I was thinking about that last night. She has two transfers on her team in White and Williams that played at other good schools. They look like totally different players now, and not in a good way. It was actually sad to see how far backwards Danni Williams went after leaving A&M. Texas really needs to consider getting rid of Aston. No excuse to underachieve so badly with the talent she has. Just like Holly, maybe worse.

100% right. I was thinking about that last night. She has two transfers on her team in White and Williams that played at other good schools. They look like totally different players now, and not in a good way. It was actually sad to see how far backwards Danni Williams went after leaving A&M. Texas really needs to consider getting rid of Aston. No excuse to underachieve so badly with the talent she has. Just like Holly, maybe worse.
So spot on! Danni truly regressed, while Anriel flourished and added new facets to her game. That’s what happens when you receive good coaching. Charli Collier had a horrible freshman year. She made no improvement to her game. Chaz Patterson was smart to get out of their. Aston was groomed for her job just like Holly was and unfortunately for both it hasn’t worked out.

Reactions: VolBall09
So spot on! Danni truly regressed, while Anriel flourished and added new facets to her game. That’s what happens when you receive good coaching. Charli Collier had a horrible freshman year. She made no improvement to her game. Chaz Patterson was smart to get out of their. Aston was groomed for her job just like Holly was and unfortunately for both it hasn’t worked out.
I wonder if Collier is thinking twice about the recommit from uconn? Although she is close to family and community and that means a lot.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
I have always thought Karen Aston is a much worse coach than Holly. KA and Mulkey are not very good coaches. They get great talent and beat up on low rank teams but come March it shows their true colors. Baylor has no competition until the final four this year, so I would be shocked if they don't make the final four.

I have always thought Karen Aston is a much worse coach than Holly. KA and Mulkey are not very good coaches. They get great talent and beat up on low rank teams but come March it shows their true colors. Baylor has no competition until the final four this year, so I would be shocked if they don't make the final four.

Hey now I wouldn’t roll Kim into that conversation in any way, shape or form. She has more coaching ability in her little finger than Holly and Karen have in their whole bodies’ combined. She has two national championships and everyone I’ve ever seen her coach has improved. Her career win percentage is 85.2% which is almost unheard of.

Above all else you can see she is truly passionate about the game and making young people better. Can’t say I see the same from Karen and Holly.

Hey now I wouldn’t roll Kim into that conversation in any way, shape or form. She has more coaching ability in her little finger than Holly and Karen have in their whole bodies’ combined. She has two national championships and everyone I’ve ever seen her coach has improved. Her career win percentage is 85.2% which is almost unheard of.

Above all else you can see she is truly passionate about the game and making young people better. Can’t say I see the same from Karen and Holly.
You may be right, I was basing this on how fast she also exits the tournament in March and she should have won more with Griner than one championship.

VN Store

Back