Non-Lady Vol news 2018-19

Destinee Walker just announced via Instagram that she will graduate from North Carolina in May and then transfer

Congrats to South Carolina and Texas A&M for wins today. I know Carter is a ball hog, but she passed to the open shooter and also had a critical defense play in the final minute of the game.

It really makes me jealous watching these other coaches in the final minutes of the game and how well the girls respond. Here is hoping we get a real coach that can teach, earn respect and confidence of the players and coach in difficult situations.

skilledup:

Don't be surprised to see DeCosta leap frog moon. A healthy Aquira is going to be trouble. Also I won't be surprised if she moved Richards over to the point. She had her run it yesterday and in practice I've seen her do it a lot lately.

Last week the first team beat the second team by 17 points and then Mulkey put Richards at the point for the second team while adding Aquira to the first team. Honesty played the 2 where she is better suited while Richards was at the point, and the second team lost by 1. Queen had a chance to win the game but missed both free throws with one second on the clock.

DiDi at the Point.

100% right. I was thinking about that last night. She has two transfers on her team in White and Williams that played at other good schools. They look like totally different players now, and not in a good way. It was actually sad to see how far backwards Danni Williams went after leaving A&M. Texas really needs to consider getting rid of Aston. No excuse to underachieve so badly with the talent she has. Just like Holly, maybe worse.

White didn’t get playing time at South Carolina and is a much more effective player at Texas.

Reactions: Martic and Amb3096
White didn’t get playing time at South Carolina and is a much more effective player at Texas.

Because she was injured most of the time. She was actually showing some promise in three minutes before she transferred. Now she just lumbers up and down. She should average double digit boards and she barely grabs 6 a game under Karen.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Because she was injured most of the time. She was actually showing some promise in three minutes before she transferred. Now she just lumbers up and down. She should average double digit boards and she barely grabs 6 a game under Karen.

Whether she plays up to your standards isn’t the point. The facts are that her numbers improved at Texas and she was a pivotal piece of the team—which wasn’t the case at USC.

MaChelle Joseph was fired today at Georgia Tech WBB
Georgia Tech Dismisses Joseph
I'm curious if 'transfer town' will open up there. They had a top 5 recruiting class last year, couple Tennessee HS players went there.

independent investigator interviewed 40 people: "Every student-athlete reported 'concerns regarding alleged emotional or mental mistreatment' by Joseph." Described environment as “toxic,” “suffocating,” “unhealthy” & “hostile"

MaChelle Joseph was fired today at Georgia Tech WBB
Georgia Tech Dismisses Joseph
I'm curious if 'transfer town' will open up there. They had a top 5 recruiting class last year, couple Tennessee HS players went there.
Balogun and Dixon will both be nice players for a lucky coach. But I can't imagine they'd want to come to Tennessee until the dumpster fire is extinguished.

Reactions: mcannon1
different university but South Dakota is a fun team to watch as the run set plays to maximize the strengths of their players, not great athletes but as the cliche - they play within their abilities.

Vanderbilt junior starting guard Cierra Walker, out of Oregon City, OR; 10.8 PPG in 2018-19 and was 70 of 178 on three-pointers, a nearly 40% clip Will transfer. Big blow to Vandy she is lights out from 3

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Vanderbilt junior starting guard Cierra Walker, out of Oregon City, OR; 10.8 PPG in 2018-19 and was 70 of 178 on three-pointers, a nearly 40% clip Will transfer. Big blow to Vandy she is lights out from 3

White is having no luck there. I don’t think she’s meant to coach college kids honestly. She did fine in the WNBA where players were already developed. She has the same issue as Holly, nobody is improving under her coaching not to mention her best players keep transferring, not a good sign. I think she’s there one more season and then done.

She has complained in interviews repeatedly that the kids don’t have as much time to work on their game because of school. Doesn’t seem like she understands that they are students first, particularly at Vandy. She won’t be coaching many future WNBA players there because unfortunately often players of that caliber can’t keep up with the academics at a school like that.

Last edited:
Radford Lydia Rivers (6-2 RS JR forward, Kinston, NC) has put her name into the portal as a possible grad transfer. She averaged a double-double in 2018-19 (12.2 points, 10.3 boards). She can play has game

That was pretty dope! Do your thang girl. Only the second girl to win the dunk contest, Candace Parker was the 1ST.
The three dunks I saw were great. Stanford have a great recruiting class coming in with their already great team.
Diamond DeShields was one of the judges.
After worst two seasons in Vanderbilt women's basketball history, Stephanie White will return
After worst two seasons in Vanderbilt women's basketball history, Stephanie White will return

I like her, and hope she does well. Glad they are having her for another year.

Someone will getting a very good player UNC Stephanie Watts has put her name in the transfer portal

VN Store

Back