The Official #2 Tennessee vs. #15 Colgate NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 2:45 PM ET, CBS

I don't wear contacts, but i don't think I've ever seen someone struggle like that for that long.

I'm wondering if he got hit or scratched in one of his eyes or something like that. I've had one of my eyes get irritated to the point that my contact won't "fit" anymore and it dries up, and I have to take both out. It's annoying and makes it very hard to get anything done.

This would have been such a disappointment for this team if we would have lost. Great game plan and shooting from Colgate. But in the end, our guys, who have transformed and built our program back up deserve more. Keep moving on Tenn! We have a favorable path being paved for us..just need to stick with what got us to this point!

The 3 point shooting doesn't concern me as much as us not getting it done on offense. If we didn't go in scoring droughts and hadn't stopped working it inside, we would have been ok the whole game. We seem to panic on offense and give in to trying to match 3s.

The 3 point shooting doesn't concern me as much as us not getting it done on offense. If we didn't go in scoring droughts and hadn't stopped working it inside, we would have been ok the whole game. We seem to panic on offense and give in to trying to match 3s.
Kinda my thoughts. Our play on offense worries me more than a team getting hot from three.

I really do not understand why every TN possession does not involve Grant Williams with the ball at the elbow or in the post.

Teams are going to take him away. It's easier when Grant seems lethargic and not into it. I'd zone us, too. I'd collapse down low and dare UT's guards to shoot the 3. It's the guide to beating us and we'll see it a lot from this point on. Colgate just didn't have the horses to pull off the upset. Then again if they don't lose their best player, we'd likely be packing for home right now. From this point forward, any team we play will have the ability to take us to the woodshed. I do not expect us to beat Iowa.

Iowa shoots 22 3s a gale and hits 36.1%, 89th in the country. Colgate averaged 23 but is 10th in the country in percentage.

VN Store

Back