Time Out on JG................

What do you see as his short comings?
Honest answers.
Staring down receivers.

Learning to lead them a little better.

Identifying the rush so that even if he can't adjust coverage (and that's a big if) he throws the ball away more, instead of taking a sack for a loss.

Work on mobility.

What do
Guess you will have to look back at past posts. I can't remember, there have been so many of my own and "likes" for others who have not been very complementary of his abilities. But I never have questioned his desire or effort, they should not ever be questioned. The guy does give a 110% effort all the time. (not like some players in the recent past)

But what have you based that on? Let’s look at this way had he played on a Bama or Clemson team how much better would he have played. I believe this team has a good back field and even better receivers but the fact is the oline is the worst it has been in my 40 years of watching this team. To describe this oline I will use what you said about JG this oline had zero heart or desire to play. No offense can be successful if their oline doesn’t play at least decent. This oline is flat out horrible and that is giving them way to much credit.

We can talk about JG all day, but it will not matter unless the o line comes together. There isn't enough to run a practice per Pruitt. Early, but still something that should be a concern.

@sjt18

Regarding our exchange yesterday, Im Curious what you think, troll?
Not sure. Good example though. First he mentioned "legit criticism" then the last part. Kind of seems he was trying to pick a fight... but I don't know.

Reactions: Behr
Honest answers.
Staring down receivers.

Learning to lead them a little better.

Identifying the rush so that even if he can't adjust coverage (and that's a big if) he throws the ball away more, instead of taking a sack for a loss.

Work on mobility.

He doesn’t have time to stare down receivers plus if he did that his interceptions would be higher and his complete percentage would be lower. He has seasons here and is averaging 62.2 percentage ranking. He only has 5 interceptions in 385 attempts which by the way is the highest percentage in the country the past two years. Also very good numbers for as many times as he ends up on his back after he releases or is releasing a ball. I think leading the receiver he has to have time as I said earlier 2.1 seconds from snap to impact is t much time for receivers to get open.

Everything you just described is he needs more time to throw. Even if it is just a half a second.

Also look at this his qb ranking the last two years is 136.6 only Drew Lock has better numbers for two seasons.

Reactions: k-town_king
How about bashing is fine (and actually expected) until he shuts up the doubters with his play on the field...as is typically the case for any starting qb in the sec.
Poppy cock!!! No doubting his greatness until the very last game of his career!! If he hasn’t figured it out by then he might not!!! But until then hush your mouth on any criticism!!

Okay let’s state facts not opinions but opinions don’t count in the real world. For all of you arm chair qbs and arm chair coaches here on VN. Last season Tennessee quarterbacks had an average of 2.1 seconds to throw the ball that was last in the SEC and was above 100 in the country. JG knew everytime a pass play was called he was going to get hit and usually by multiple players (sometimes his own Oline). I don’t remeber the exact number but I know at one point last year he led the nation in being knocked down. Everyone out yourself in his shoes by the third or fourth game of the year he had been sacked or knocked down around 40 times. By that point confidence in his line and himself would had to be low. Eventually the pain of being hit overshadows the play on the field. Here is another fact for you guys Peyton Manning last two seasons here he had over 3.5 seconds to throw the ball actually 3.8 his senior season.

Since this is an opinionated board I will throw one of mine in. Tua at Bama would not have lasted five games here last year. He had over 3 seconds to throw last year and came out almost every game with an injury. He was hit and sacked less than half of JG was and still had issues with injuries.

So now you guys can bash my JG facts.
Let’s state facts only!!!! Then goes on to give his opinion after stating like 2facts.

Let’s state facts only!!!! Then goes on to give his opinion after stating like 2facts.
First off I never said state facts only. I said let’s state facts not opinions I gave several facts then stated opinions. The fact is JG is where he is because of protection and so far no one can state a fact to prove I am wrong.

Pretty sure OP was talking about the children that say stupid chit like "JG is Hot Garbage".

Also pretty sure you knew what he meant but this is your way of justifying it.

Personally I don't really mind it, it adds to the VN experience.

I say that because if the QB is infallible the first 3 games, then no one else should be to blame for any offensive woes. Especially when your #1 DT QB hardly moves around. If there is a time to criticize, it would definitely be within the first three games, which should all be guaranteed wins.

I will definitely say there are plenty times he shined, mostly against Auburn and KY, but there are definitely those on the JG or nothing who made a new thread directly after those games asking where the haters were or declared them as racists. The next games then were embarrassing losses with hardly any offense.

First off I never said state facts only. I said let’s state facts not opinions I gave several facts then stated opinions. The fact is JG is where he is because of protection and so far no one can state a fact to prove I am wrong.
It’s not really a fact... by your inference you are saying without a doubt not having enough time to throw the ball is the only reason JG has struggled. That can’t be proven. The way I feel about JG is first off I like the guy, I think he is tough. He has struggled a lot, however a lot of that in my opinion is the terrible o line. Therefore I do not think he has struggled purely because he isn’t a good qb. I also can not state for a fact that he would automatically be a much better QB if given more time, I believe he would be but it isn’t a fact.

He doesn’t have time to stare down receivers plus if he did that his interceptions would be higher and his complete percentage would be lower. He has seasons here and is averaging 62.2 percentage ranking. He only has 5 interceptions in 385 attempts which by the way is the highest percentage in the country the past two years. Also very good numbers for as many times as he ends up on his back after he releases or is releasing a ball. I think leading the receiver he has to have time as I said earlier 2.1 seconds from snap to impact is t much time for receivers to get open.

Everything you just described is he needs more time to throw. Even if it is just a half a second.

Also look at this his qb ranking the last two years is 136.6 only Drew Lock has better numbers for two seasons.
I'm very aware of his completion percentage and rating, it's the main reasons I think he has so much potential.

Now, suggesting that he can't work on mobility or throw the ball in front of receivers instead of at or behind, because of time, I don't buy that.

I have no interest in bashing the OL (who have experienced every coaching change JG has), while pretending JG is the first ever QB with no shortcomings.
He's got my support.
I will not pretend he's flawless while criticizing everyone around him.
He plays football. He doesn't cure leprosy and stroll across the water. 😂

I'm very aware of his completion percentage and rating, it's the main reasons I think he has so much potential.

Now, suggesting that he can't work on mobility or throw the ball in front of receivers instead of at or behind, because of time, I don't buy that.

I have no interest in bashing the OL (who have experienced every coaching change JG has), while pretending JG is the first ever QB with no shortcomings.
He's got my support.
I will not pretend he's flawless while criticizing everyone around him.
He plays football. He doesn't cure leprosy and stroll across the water. 😂

Ok so you are saying if he had no pressure and stand back in the pocket to look over the field he wouldn’t be any better than less than two seconds after snapping the ball????

I am so glad you guys in VN aren’t coaching this team because what a mess we would have.

Reactions: k-town_king
It’s not really a fact... by your inference you are saying without a doubt not having enough time to throw the ball is the only reason JG has struggled. That can’t be proven. The way I feel about JG is first off I like the guy, I think he is tough. He has struggled a lot, however a lot of that in my opinion is the terrible o line. Therefore I do not think he has struggled purely because he isn’t a good qb. I also can not state for a fact that he would automatically be a much better QB if given more time, I believe he would be but it isn’t a fact.

Yes his numbers would improve.

I say that because if the QB is infallible the first 3 games, then no one else should be to blame for any offensive woes. Especially when your #1 DT QB hardly moves around. If there is a time to criticize, it would definitely be within the first three games, which should all be guaranteed wins.

I will definitely say there are plenty times he shined, mostly against Auburn and KY, but there are definitely those on the JG or nothing who made a new thread directly after those games asking where the haters were or declared them as racists. The next games then were embarrassing losses with hardly any offense.
Yep. I don’t agree with all the JG bashing but at the same time it’s amazing to me that the ones who bash the JG bashers don’t realize that they are as bad as the ones they are bashing. Hypocrisy.

Yes his numbers would improve.
Most likely they would I agree with you. How much and to what extent no one knows because he hasn’t had the chance to prove it. Perhaps if given more time he would throw more interceptions? I mean who knows. I don’t think he would but isn’t really proven. I’m not on either side of the fence here but people need to learn what a fact is as opposed to what they think would happen based on other facts.

Ok so you are saying if he had no pressure and stand back in the pocket to look over the field he wouldn’t be any better than less than two seconds after snapping the ball????

I am so glad you guys in VN aren’t coaching this team because what a mess we would have.
That's not even close to what I said.
You're not looking for discussion, you're looking for agreement that we have the world's first ever flawless football player.

Dont get the hate. Kids got heart and I want him to succeed cause if he does then that means we are winning again

Reactions: jwilliams

Aight, I read it differently. My bad.

Yea, as far as the JG apologists vs the JG "haters", I've defended both arguments to a certain degree, but I think its childish and classless to say things like " JG is Hot Garbage" and then double down by justifying it with "they started it". No one here has said he needs NO improvement, but its no secret how bad our o-line was. Why is that so hard?

Yea, as far as the JG apologists vs the JG "haters", I've defended both arguments to a certain degree, but I think its childish and classless to say things like " JG is Hot Garbage" and then double down by justifying it with "they started it". No one here has said he needs NO improvement, but its no secret how bad our o-line was. Why is that so hard?
I disagree.
Ok, I'll agree and say they suggested it instead of said it.

VN Store

Back