Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

Orange pants are fine by me, especially if we wear them against Bama. But NO GREY OUTLINE, get rid of the orange collar and use block font. As for stripes on the pants, I’m cool either way.

1551405997787.jpeg

Reactions: IndianapolisVol
And not football related but since DP is here, is the basketball team getting orange versions of the white throwbacks? Because it's pretty clear those are going to be the fulltime home uniforms from now on and it looks kind of weird seeing the "new" orange ones now.

Personally I'm fine with the football and basketball teams (both men and women's) going with simply orange and white only, and leave the smokey grey for the other teams. I get why the baseball and softball teams would want them because they play more games and probably need more variety.

Not at this point. Both the men’s and women’s teams are due for a total remake next year, but it’ll feature the same newer wordmark and font.

The throwbacks were a Nike thing this year. UT got theirs a month earlier than everyone else, but it was a multi-school program.

Black is not currently part of the Nike/Tennessee approved color pallete and cannot appear on a game uniform. Smokey Grey is the “dark” color used for outlines on other UT jerseys, including men’s and women’s basketball, baseball and softball.

You know better than I do but could they not just add black back to the color pallete? Just seems like the momentum of the uniforms style is headed back toward the Fulmer years and that would be an easy fix

Not at this point. Both the men’s and women’s teams are due for a total remake next year, but it’ll feature the same newer wordmark and font.

The throwbacks were a Nike thing this year. UT got theirs a month earlier than everyone else, but it was a multi-school program.
Lots of "Vault" type fan apparel this year too. Good times if you are fan of the Vols star logo (which I am) and others.

I've always wondered who it was that had trouble seeing orange numbers. I hear people complain about it, but I've never had the slightest issue seeing them.

Back in the 90's UT's uniforms were made by SportsBell (I believe). The jerseys were "mesh" and the UT orange screening was a large font with a tiny white space with orange trim. I always heard the announcers couldn't see the numbers. Here's the 1994 UGA before they added the black trim for the S. Carolina game.

Am I the only person bothered by the clash between black outlined numbers and the clean orange of the helmets? Fix that by making the black outline very thin.
Are you talking about the football unis? I thought the dark trim went away and both home and away are just orange and white.

Back in the 90's UT's uniforms were made by SportsBell (I believe). The jerseys were "mesh" and the UT orange screening was a large font with a tiny white space with orange trim. I always heard the announcers couldn't see the numbers. Here's the 1994 UGA before they added the black trim for the S. Carolina game.

Might explain why Will Muschamp hates UT. He was playing that day and got snow plowed.

I remember that game vividly. I had just helped my girlfriend (now wife) move and told her we had to be done in time for the game.

That's what that SB stood for? I know SB was the manufacturer of the jerseys, but never knew what it stood for.

Attachments

• 124b759ad2d21817ea47734c9570a397.jpg
    124b759ad2d21817ea47734c9570a397.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 12
I've always wondered who it was that had trouble seeing orange numbers. I hear people complain about it, but I've never had the slightest issue seeing them.
Does the black outline make you so sick you want to throw up in the floor and lick up? If not, just how bad does it really bother you?

Does the black outline make you so sick you want to throw up in the floor and lick up? If not, just how bad does it really bother you?
They actually do make me want to puke. I think they are actually that bad. JMO

Wouldn’t you think with the clarity in UHD and advancements in TV it would be a lot easier to see?

I've seen others say that. For your and their sake I hope they don't return to doing that, but as for me, I couldn't care less either way.
I won’t stop caring or watching, but .........

VN Store

Back