Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

They came out and said they were outlining the white practice jerseys last year to make them easier to read. There was speculation that would carry over onto the game jerseys but it was said the game jerseys were already ordered therefore it wasn’t possible even if they wanted to.
I haven’t seen or heard anything about any changes yet this year myself. We will see.

I think I saw DP say there will be a subtle gray outline. Could be wrong, but I’ll get to the bottom of this.
Bat signal time...

View attachment 195671

Discussions with Nike are ongoing, but if I were to place a wager right now, I think you’ll see a gray outline on the numbers on the white Jersey paired with the plain white pants on the road and a home jersey unchanged, but with white pants with the double orange stripe.

What I’m watching and we likely won’t know for sure for awhile is the number font. UT is pushing to go back to a traditional block number, but the whole point of a custom font is to use it across all sports.

Discussions with Nike are ongoing, but if I were to place a wager right now, I think you’ll see a gray outline on the numbers on the white Jersey paired with the plain white pants on the road and a home jersey unchanged, but with white pants with the double orange stripe.

What I’m watching and we likely won’t know for sure for awhile is the number font. UT is pushing to go back to a traditional block number, but the whole point of a custom font is to use it across all sports.

Thank you sir. Any other interesting tidbits of info is also greatly appreciated. Any word on orange pants?

Reactions: preacherwebb
Whatever the attire turns out to be, just win while wearing it ! That being said I wouldn't mind seeing the orange pants broken back out for some games at some point. I would enjoy the old style look.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Hope football purges everything from the Butch years including number font, orange collar on away jerseys, and anything gray.

I'll guess that we see the double pants stripe make a return in some way, along with a number font change. I could be wrong but I don't see them putting gray back in anything, even an away number outline. I think they use black if they add an outline at all. Was part of the Fulmer uniform for 10+ years.

I thi
Hope football purges everything from the Butch years including number font, orange collar on away jerseys, and anything gray.

I'll guess that we see the double pants stripe make a return in some way, along with a number font change. I could be wrong but I don't see them putting gray back in anything, even an away number outline. I think they use black if they add an outline at all. Was part of the Fulmer uniform for 10+ years.

I think gray is part our athletic department scheme now. I don’t think they can use black

Black is not currently part of the Nike/Tennessee approved color pallete and cannot appear on a game uniform. Smokey Grey is the “dark” color used for outlines on other UT jerseys, including men’s and women’s basketball, baseball and softball.

That's fine and dandy but these are the BEST road unis, fact.

I'm jk about it being fact, but imo it is.
View attachment 195886
Opinion. That’s badazz! So is...
e121ebead8e6d1057b0da6798c58326a.jpg

And not football related but since DP is here, is the basketball team getting orange versions of the white throwbacks? Because it's pretty clear those are going to be the fulltime home uniforms from now on and it looks kind of weird seeing the "new" orange ones now.

Personally I'm fine with the football and basketball teams (both men and women's) going with simply orange and white only, and leave the smokey grey for the other teams. I get why the baseball and softball teams would want them because they play more games and probably need more variety.

VN Store

Back