Could Guarantano surprise us? (Merged)

Here's what I see. I see one or two that say JG can't even tie shoes correctly. They're wrong. The kid has untapped physical talent.

But I see more and a more determined effort from a few who absolutely refuse to see any weakness or place any blame on JG at all.

Can’t argue with that observation. I just never understood the inherent need to be correct so much that it blinds one to opposing, and often correct observations.

Sports-Reference, ESPN, and NCAA.com don't list wins under qb stats. No passing stats list wins. It's not a qb stat.

Wins are a measure of team talent.

Reactions: SCRocket
Y'all stop being stupid. For as long as I can remember, anyone talking about sports, whether it was fans, professional sports reporters, commentators etc. talk about QB's this way. I can't believe this is even being discussed.

Take any one player off your offense for a game, who's last on your list to go on without?

Lol, you girls are cute. Next time I see you saying "we're gonna kick their ass", I'm going call you stupid.

Y'all stop being stupid. For as long as I can remember, anyone talking about sports, whether it was fans, professional sports reporters, commentators etc. talk about QB's this way. I can't believe this is even being discussed.

Take any one player off your offense for a game, who's last on your list to go on without?

Lol, you girls are cute. Next time I see you saying "we're gonna kick their ass", I'm going call you stupid.

Keep on whining like a little girl

Seriously? Wow.

How good is my OL? Do I have stud RBs? Do I have elite WRs? How is my TE?

It’s not as simple as you want to make it out to be.

But let’s use your premise. In this years SB, who was the MVP? A WR, Julian Edelman. Now do you count his wins and losses? If not, why?

Reactions: KBVol
How good is my OL? Do I have stud RBs? Do I have elite WRs? How is my TE?

It’s not as simple as you want to make it out to be.

But let’s use your premise. In this years SB, who was the MVP? A WR, Julian Edelman. Now do you count his wins and losses? If not, why?

Hell yes. He threw it and caught it!

It’s stupid. The offense depends on much more than one single player. Why that is hard to understand is crazy.
It isn't. The QB is the leader of the offense. The QB is the guy who makes the reads. He's the guy depended on to get the ball to the right person at the right time. He's the "manager" of the offense. Why that is hard to understand is crazy.

I have REPEATEDLY said the OL didn't play well. I've said that BOTH have to get better or get replaced. Why that is hard to understand is crazy.

How is it that you all deny obvious weaknesses in JG's game and throw all the blame on other people?

Who threw him the damn ball? Without a QB what good would a WR be? Lol, are on crack?
You're right but not just the throw.

The QB got the play, made the line call, made the pre-snap reads and adjustments, made the post snap reads, then threw the ball to the place where the WR had the best opportunity to make a play. At most, the WR read coverage on an option route. At the least, the QB made a dozen or more reads and decisions by the time the WR caught the ball.

It isn't. The QB is the leader of the offense. The QB is the guy who makes the reads. He's the guy depended on to get the ball to the right person at the right time. He's the "manager" of the offense. Why that is hard to understand is crazy.

I have REPEATEDLY said the OL didn't play well. I've said that BOTH have to get better or get replaced. Why that is hard to understand is crazy.

How is it that you all deny obvious weaknesses in JG's game and throw all the blame on other people?
LOL shutup man

Reactions: Darth_Shiveman
Here's what I see. I see one or two that say JG can't even tie shoes correctly. They're wrong. The kid has untapped physical talent.

But I see more and a more determined effort from a few who absolutely refuse to see any weakness or place any blame on JG at all.
It’s very simple. ... Has he been outstanding ?no he has room for improvement. Is he our best option right now ?yes clearly. Is he as talented as other sec QBs? Yes. He has 2 more years to develop. Imagine we judged dobbs after his sophomore year. Just remember that before you right JG off

Last edited by a moderator:
Data can be misleading. JG clearly is nothing close to an elite Quarterback.

We aren't even in the top 50 of the NCAA rankings for passing offense, total offense, 3rd down conversion percentage, First downs.

We were actually 38th in offensive efficiency.
38th in passing
36th in ypa
44th in qbr

If you are looking at total numbers, then you're focusing on the wrong thing, because we were near the bottom of the nation in tempo.

Cliff Notes version:

JG has the potential to be a good, not great, SEC QB. Dual-threat he's not. Give him a good, not great, SEC OL. We already have good, potentially really good receivers and backs. Back it up with a good, not great SEC defense, and we're in a bowl game this year. Maybe a good one.

I miss anything?

You missed where's already good. What else is middle of the sec YPA and QBR? Top-40 nationally in ypa, 44th in qbr. Good, not great, not bad. Did all that vs #2 SOS and sub-100 OL. Already a better qbr than every year of Dobbs, except his senior year.

Chaney squeezed 2800 yards and 27 TDs out of Crompton and a bad o line

Yes but with 384 attempts. 7.3 ypa and 136 qbr. Not fantastic, but that was improvement for Crompton at the time. JG is already ahead of this. If he can improve further, look out.

VN Store

Back