Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Atlanta needs everything... Or Josh Dobbs.
Their OL and receiver play reminded me so much of us during a few years, they need someone to hide that as a temporary fix
Memphis’ defense wasn’t bad I thought. But they’re offense couldn’t do anything. OL struggles to block, Hack was missing receivers by 5 feet, and they have decent but not great backs. I mean Orlandos back was very good and the Iron have Trent Richardson. Stacey isn’t terrible but not at that level and the backup is Neal. Maybe they’ll get some better talent that next year.

Reactions: chargervol
Their OL and receiver play reminded me so much of us during a few years, they need someone to hide that as a temporary fix

They lost HC Childress and he was going to run offense and train Michael Vick. Vick was moved to front office and they had to scramble to rebuild offense. They really had big disadvantage.
Memphis has Mike Singletary - enough said as far as offense is concerned

I’m not the one who made it political...

You don’t get to decide what’s best for an individual

I am about to decide something for you as an individual and that is to put my foot so far up your azz that my big toe will hang out of your mouth. Right now, I think that is the best thing for an individual such as yourself. So SHUT UP!

I watched the Express/Iron game, and it made me hate Christian Hackenberg. Defense was pretty good outside of the 4th, but IMO it's because they were worn down because our offense couldn't do much. Our run game was decent in the first half-- very old school-- 21 personnel, fitting for Mike Singletary. Just Hackenberg is awful. Must be the dude who kills it in practice, but gameday for him has always been a different story. He seems to be the QB that always has excuses made for him. I was pleasantly surprised with our wildcat package, which was good for some yards, but nothing super notable. Second string QB threw a pick on a screen pass, which tells you a lot.. Def should have put Mett in in the second quarter.

That's my stream of consciousness for the game

I watched the Express/Iron game, and it made me hate Christian Hackenberg. Defense was pretty good outside of the 4th, but IMO it's because they were worn down because our offense couldn't do much. Our run game was decent in the first half-- very old school-- 21 personnel, fitting for Mike Singletary. Just Hackenberg is awful. Must be the dude who kills it in practice, but gameday for him has always been a different story. He seems to be the QB that always has excuses made for him. I was pleasantly surprised with our wildcat package, which was good for some yards, but nothing super notable. Second string QB threw a pick on a screen pass, which tells you a lot.. Def should have put Mett in in the second quarter.

That's my stream of consciousness for the game
Glad I’m not the only one referring to them as “we”, “our”, and “us”. I was wearing an Express shirt today. I’m all aboard if you will

Glad I’m not the only one referring to them as “we”, “our”, and “us”. I was wearing an Express shirt today. I’m all aboard if you will

Bro, seeing the comments in the reddit game thread about changing the fandom to Orlando was pissing me right tf off. GTFO fairweather fans.

This is an experiment. Why be afraid to pick a team that loses Week 1? IMO even if the league folds after three years, I'll be proud to wear my retro Browns level swag 15 years from now. It's fun. People are too worried about being associated with a losing team, apparently. Flakes.

Bro, seeing the comments in the reddit game thread about changing the fandom to Orlando was pissing me right tf off. GTFO fairweather fans.

This is an experiment. Why be afraid to pick a team that loses Week 1? IMO even if the league folds after three years, I'll be proud to wear my retro Browns level swag 15 years from now. It's fun. People are too worried about being associated with a losing team, apparently. Flakes.
Agreed. These teams are going to be very different year to year also with the way it’s set up. They get a decent QB and look out

Agreed. These teams are going to be very different year to year also with the way it’s set up. They get a decent QB and look out

Yep. Proud to have a team to pull for from day 1. Hope this league lasts. It’s fun to watch and looking forward to seeing my first game in Memphis

Truth is, a lot of pre-workouts are spiked with everything from speed to steroids in micro doses. The supplement industry is not regulated by the FDA and they can literally sell you “Vitamin C” without a trace of vitamin C in it
Recommendations or things to look for a good pre-workout on an empty stomach in the am? Sometimes the coffee and spoonful of nut butter still doesn’t cut the queasiness when going hard.

Corey Vereen looked pretty good also. Pig had some moments too

Front seven was pretty impressive all things considered. And that secondary player (from LSU, Strible?) was making some plays. Also really like that LB they were bragging on. Deserved the praise by how he played-- think he forced both fumbles in back-to-back drives.

I just hate Hackenberg. Seems to be the textbook guy with zero intangibles. He put touch on passes that needed zip, over threw a couple others. Dude really freakin sucks.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Yep. Proud to have a team to pull for from day 1. Hope this league lasts. It’s fun to watch and looking forward to seeing my first game in Memphis

My uncle picked up season tix for Christmas and I can't be any more stoked about it. IDGAF if we go 0-10, I'm here for the ride, rooting for our Vols in Memphis. (Also, I'm a transfer student, so it's nice to see some Tigers on the roster, as disgusting as Memphis is for some people here).

My uncle picked up season tix for Christmas and I can't be any more stoked about it. IDGAF if we go 0-10, I'm here for the ride, rooting for our Vols in Memphis. (Also, I'm a transfer student, so it's nice to see some Tigers on the roster, as disgusting as Memphis is for some people here).
Hell....we got a Peay guy as well

Reactions: ChismsHeadband

I believe Dobbs would play for Memphis because of its affiliation with Tennessee. I haven’t read much into it, but it seems most former Vols will play for Memphis if they play in the AAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back