The new bammer talk about Coach Pruitt

Bammers are always going to crow about who is going to take over. I would expect satan to retire in the next 3-4 seasons. By then they will likely have moved on to the next big name/success story, unless of course Pruitt is pwning CFB.
Hopefully they make Saban the AD. Who would want to work for him? LOL.

Reactions: onevol74
Pure conjecture, but I bet the topple occurs after they replace the guy who replaces Saban. Unfortunately they might not be mediocre, or even a 10-2 team, until then.

IMO, what is likely to happen is that Saban's successor is really good, but not good enough (i.e., he doesn't win the SEC and make the CFP every single year). If they give Saban's successor 3 years and he only wins the SEC once, especially if it is during his first season, they'll grow restless. Especially if they lose the SEC West via losses to Auburn. So they fire this really good coach in an attempt to be great again, and then they make a hiring mistake.

Their admin and fans are so, so unprepared to go a couple years without winning a title of any significance. I think they realize they've been spoiled, but I don't think they realize exactly how badly they've been spoiled. I think they'll do crazy, shortsighted stuff in an attempt to get back to the rate of success Saban gave them.
Fair enough. I can see the recruiting and players development by Saban keeping the new coach afloat for a couple seasons at Alabama and maybe even winning another Natty. That is what Les Miles did at LSU after Saban left the tigers. But once the Tide begins to turn (Pun intended) they will hire the next great thing coach and find that he is not Saban. I hope that it is much like a train wreck... so ugly that you can't look away.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Bammers are always going to crow about who is going to take over. I would expect satan to retire in the next 3-4 seasons. By then they will likely have moved on to the next big name/success story, unless of course Pruitt is pwning CFB.
Agreed, but I don't see Saban leaving before his contract is up. He will stay because he has it made and although I am sure that he doesn't need the money, I am sure he will stay on for that and a chance at winning enough that his legacy is all but out of reach for any coach after he retires.

Rhetorical question, but do they pay attention? Most Saban disciples aren't successful. Kirby is the exception, not the rule.
Jimbo is pretty good too and better than Kirby ever thought of being. I think most of his close guys do really well at running programs.

Fair enough. I can see the recruiting and players development by Saban keeping the new coach afloat for a couple seasons at Alabama and maybe even winning another Natty. That is what Les Miles did at LSU after Saban left the tigers. But once the Tide begins to turn (Pun intended) they will hire the next great thing coach and find that he is not Saban. I hope that it is much like a train wreck... so ugly that you can't look away.
The good news is that they won't actually have to be that bad, or bad at all, for them to lose their minds. They won't handle a couple seasons in a row of 10-2 and failing to win the SEC well, much less 7-5 or worse. Just think - 10-2 would likely mean they lost 2 conference games that season - say, to A&M and Auburn, LSU and A&M, etc...that seems unthinkable to most of their fans right now. The last time they lost more than 1 conference game in a season was 2010, and the last time they lost more than 1 game period was 2014!

Reactions: GBOVFL88
Jimbo is pretty good too and better than Kirby ever thought of being. I think most of his close guys do really well at running programs.
There are multiple guys who have been awful though at big time programs. Dooley, Kiffin (admittedly Kiffin was also an HC before Saban hired him), Muschamp, McElwain.

There are multiple guys who have been awful though at big time programs. Dooley, Kiffin (admittedly Kiffin was also an HC before Saban hired him), Muschamp, McElwain.
Whatever, arguing whether his coaching tree is bad is pointless as in the end every great coach produces both good and bad coaches.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
With the moves Pruitt been making this off season and our signing status. I don't think he's messing around and plans to make this program in to a real competitor. I think he'd stay here and make his own mark. He'd get paid the money if UT turns it around. I rather put my stamp on something I've rebuilt than always living off a guys coat tails.

All you do when you start a thread like this is help Bama and divide us. SMH

My only post on this thread, I wish folks would concentrate on the now. Pruitt is here, more than likely if he wins along time. Why worry about something nobody on here controls. Get on the BIG ORANGE TRAIN now and enjoy the ride. GBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Wezel
New guy to volnation here. Hi to vfl and fans. On who replaces Saban: you never want to be the man who replaces the man. You ways want to be the man who replaces the man who replaced the man.

Could it be that the problem is not Kirby or Reich? Maybe UGA’s potential is a perpetual runner up.
Nope! UGA should have the most upside of easy reach to talent in the nation. It should be the easiest program to elevate based on talent. Used to be Florida, but if the Bulldogs are not in the Top 10 in any season, it is on the coaching staff. Bama has to reach out for talent like most programs. UGA does not. If Kirby whiffs a season or two, it is on him personally. Seems to me he is really up to the challenge coaching Georgia to dominance. For UT ro dominate in the East again, we have to knock off UGA.
Pruitt and staff will have to outwork, outcharm, and outcoach UGA and Smart going forward. I believe Pruitt and his staff are up to the challenge.

Last edited:
Agreed, but I don't see Saban leaving before his contract is up. He will stay because he has it made and although I am sure that he doesn't need the money, I am sure he will stay on for that and a chance at winning enough that his legacy is all but out of reach for any coach after he retires.
I totally agree. Saban will stay because he has no fallback and no passion outside of football. He still has the fire. It ends when he cannot restock his staff with top tier disciples. I think that phase has begun. I believe our staff today is far superior to their present Bama counterparts. It will start to show on the field.

Jimbo Fisher as well, although I am no fan of his. I think T A&M got hoodwinked into hiring him, but his record speaks for itself: 92-27 Overall, 6-2 in Bowls and a National Championship

Not sure I'd say Jimbo is a Saban Disciple. He Coached under Bowden longer than he did Saban and coached under Terry Bowden at Auburn for his first SEC Gig.

I totally agree. Saban will stay because he has no fallback and no passion outside of football. He still has the fire. It ends when he cannot restock his staff with top tier disciples. I think that phase has begun. I believe our staff today is far superior to their present Bama counterparts. It will start to show on the field.

Saban will Coach until he breaks Bryant's NC record at Alabama. He needs 2 more. He's that much of an ego maniac. Once he wins those last 2 he will probably retire.He has a fallback in his grandkids now.

VN Store

Back