The new bammer talk about Coach Pruitt

Pruitt only successful cause Saban disciple
Pruitt is next bama coach

Come on you idiots.
Great job Coach Pruitt.

Being a Saban disciple definitely helped, as did hard work and Pruitts ability to sell.

Pruitt may well be their next coach. If Nick retires as we hit an 11 game season, Pruitt could jump back to his Alma Mater to continue guiding the already built dynasty.

If Saban retires after we haul in a couple top recruiting classes and play for an SEC title a year or 2 then it’s less likely Pruitt leaves.

Reactions: PrattvilleVol
Well. All over radio here. It makes me laugh. They take credit for anything of everybody they can.
I’m not saying Pruitt will be here forever but I don’t think he leaves here for bammer

I guess the better questions is that if he is able to build Tennessee back to into a national power would he leave something he built to step into the shadow of Saban?

Would you leave something that you built and it's yours as opposed to taking something over that someone else built and then your criticized if there is a stumble.

I also think that is the big current question about Dabo ever taking the job.

Being a Saban disciple definitely helped, as did hard work and Pruitts ability to sell.

Pruitt may well be their next coach. If Nick retires as we hit an 11 game season, Pruitt could jump back to his Alma Mater to continue guiding the already built dynasty.

If Saban retires after we haul in a couple top recruiting classes and play for an SEC title a year or 2 then it’s less likely Pruitt leaves.
When Pruitt builds this up he is not going anywhere. He can win at Tennessee as much as at Alabama. He has everything here at UT.

Well. All over radio here. It makes me laugh. They take credit for anything of everybody they can.
I’m not saying Pruitt will be here forever but I don’t think he leaves here for bammer

I agree not immediately following Saban any way he's too smart fr that. He'll let a couple of guys fail first.

Reactions: jlawso21
Rhetorical question, but do they pay attention? Most Saban disciples aren't successful. Kirby is the exception, not the rule.

Jimbo Fisher as well, although I am no fan of his. I think T A&M got hoodwinked into hiring him, but his record speaks for itself: 92-27 Overall, 6-2 in Bowls and a National Championship

Pruitt will not leave Tennessee if he lives up to his potential. Like the others said, why leave something that you built that is working?

This is the natural ebb and flow of the league. Teams rise to the top and then fall off again. Alabama has been there for a while and will go for a topple when Saban retires. Nobody not named Dabo will want to take over a team whos boosters and fan base expect continued greatness and will consider anything less than a new years 6 bowl a disappointment. This is especially true given the trajectory of the East, Florida, Georgia and Tennessee will all be fighting for a chance to get after the West champ in Atlanta every year. Alabama will quickly devolve into a dumpster fire when Saban leaves because the pressure will crack the fan base and will kill the locker room. Good luck to whichever schmuck takes over there after the Saban era comes to a close.

I guess the better questions is that if he is able to build Tennessee back to into a national power would he leave something he built to step into the shadow of Saban?

Would you leave something that you built and it's yours as opposed to taking something over that someone else built and then your criticized if there is a stumble.

I also think that is the big current question about Dabo ever taking the job.

Yeah I wouldn't leave something I've built to go live in Saban shadow.
When he retires if the next coach struggles he's going to be eaten alive.
Dabo is king of the hill where he's at. I don't see him leaving for Bama either...

Reactions: 10cpride
If CJP is successful here, and considering his unquestioned love for his home state and the Red Algae Bloom, we better be ready to hire a serious big-time coach when the time comes. Might not be a bad idea to start socking away money for just that now. Just to avoid another prolonged misfiring hiring process. We dayum well better have a Schiltz Beer attitude for that day when it comes.

iu

Last edited:
Reactions: onevol74
Dabo has not just built an elite program, he has built a culture. He knows what Bama and their fans are all about, he played there. He can compete and win Natty's where he's at. Anyone who follows Saban will not be credited with the success they achieve but will be saddled with all the blame for any drop off. There is little upside to follow Saban from a respect perspective IMO.

VN Store

Back