The new bammer talk about Coach Pruitt

Being a Saban disciple definitely helped, as did hard work and Pruitts ability to sell.

Pruitt may well be their next coach. If Nick retires as we hit an 11 game season, Pruitt could jump back to his Alma Mater to continue guiding the already built dynasty.

If Saban retires after we haul in a couple top recruiting classes and play for an SEC title a year or 2 then it’s less likely Pruitt leaves.
He shouldn't want to go and they should be careful about wanting him. Even if successful at UT, there are no guarantees the magic can be recreated. Lots of coaches get their careers destroyed by trying to "go home".

I'm much more worried about the team not showing up for Mizzou and Vandy than I am about Pruitt showing up on the Bama sideline....

Reactions: BucksnortVol
Bammers are always going to crow about who is going to take over. I would expect satan to retire in the next 3-4 seasons. By then they will likely have moved on to the next big name/success story, unless of course Pruitt is pwning CFB.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
This is the natural ebb and flow of the league. Teams rise to the top and then fall off again. Alabama has been there for a while and will go for a topple when Saban retires.
Pure conjecture, but I bet the topple occurs after they replace the guy who replaces Saban. Unfortunately they might not be mediocre, or even a 10-2 team, until then.

IMO, what is likely to happen is that Saban's successor is really good, but not good enough (i.e., he doesn't win the SEC and make the CFP every single year). If they give Saban's successor 3 years and he only wins the SEC once, especially if it is during his first season, they'll grow restless. Especially if they lose the SEC West via losses to Auburn. So they fire this really good coach in an attempt to be great again, and then they make a hiring mistake.

Their admin and fans are so, so unprepared to go a couple years without winning a title of any significance. I think they realize they've been spoiled, but I don't think they realize exactly how badly they've been spoiled. I think they'll do crazy, shortsighted stuff in an attempt to get back to the rate of success Saban gave them.

If Pruitt eventually leaves, we should hire Tee to be the HC. He has a way about winning National Championships after someone else builds a great team.

Attachments

• 15697992_10211569431776555_6297977063209869682_n.jpg
    15697992_10211569431776555_6297977063209869682_n.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
I think CJP would jump to bama. Any coach worth his salt would think he could continue the dynasty or even make it better. I am pretty sure CJP has that kind of moxie. Could be wrong

Who is going to want to follow up Saban? Seriously, that would be career suicide
If Pruitt in good enough position to get serious look from Bama, then we'll be in a pretty good position also. They won't hire someone with average results. If Dabo out, to me, you need someone with an arrogant/cocky demeanor which can roll with the punches, and a good coach. Don't think it's coincidence that Kiffin is off doing his thing as head coach again. I think he'd be the guy.

Reactions: DixieVol
Bama will go after Dabo first. And he will say yes.

Fisher, Dantonio, Kirby. That's not a bad coaching tree so far.

VN Store

Back