Coach Pruitt has delivered

That’s exactly what I kept telling people yesterday. There is no possible way, that we could have done any better after a 5 win season! Pruitt and Co. did one heck of a job! Excited to see the growth in our O-Line!

To be MORE specific... Back To Back losing seasons, including the WORST season in UT history!!

in just 1 full year!! He's managed to completely flip the roster through recruiting and brilliantly using the transfer portal, improved seemingly every position group, improved the PWO program (it matters a little), I think he's put together a great staff blended with both veterans and young whippersnappers and he's got an AD in Coach Fulmer that is willing and able to get him whatever he needs. Best of all he's snatching kids from Saban and Kirby!! I thought he was in over his head a bit last season, everything seemed rushed and a step behind. What a difference a year can make!! CJP seemed relaxed yesterday, showed a bit of personality and just seemed to be on top of things. Year 2 is generally big for great coaches and many of us feel we've got a good one. I think the roster is a good blend of experience, youth and talent, next year is the easiest schedule we've had since this mess started and the Vols are currently the #1 team in the country!! I believe we go 10-3 next season and the curse is lifted!! See you all next fall!!

ohboy.gif

Reactions: Titan05
Tell me more about the bad defense, and I'll show you lacking time of possesion on our offense and frequent 3 and outs!

Guess what.? THAT HURTS A DEFENSE!

I don't what your deal is with Jarret G, but your bias for him makes you sound like an idiot.

I personally don't know the kid. And I don't have to.
I'm just judging his play on the field....and it absolutely sucks! He was supposed to be superior to Josh Dobbs coming in. Do you really think we win only 9 games over two seasons with J Dobbs at QB for 2017 and 2018?? Gaurantano has only thrown 16 tds in 2 seasons....

I don't know what to tell you. It's not mine or anybody else's fault that he is a subpar QB. But hey man, if you want to keep on believing in Santa Clause Gaurantano...👍👍👍

Sucks? No.

Superior to Dobbs? According to who? I've only seen that from clowns here.

If our OL wasn't an issue, we wouldn't be shooting so high for OL recruits. OL has a lot to do with JG's performances, and he's not a mobile QB like Dobbs. Dobbs was a special player and succeeded despite the weaknesses around him. JG doesn't 'suck' because he isn't Dobbs, that's asinine.

You guy that are saying "Now , if Pruitt can coach", WHAT?? Did you not see bama's D under CJP? Did you not notice the drop off this year ; resulting in Clemson beating the Turds for the NC?

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Sucks? No.

Superior to Dobbs? According to who? I've only seen that from clowns here.

If our OL wasn't an issue, we wouldn't be shooting so high for OL recruits. OL has a lot to do with JG's performances, and he's not a mobile QB like Dobbs. Dobbs was a special player and succeeded despite the weaknesses around him. JG doesn't 'suck' because he isn't Dobbs, that's asinine.

When JG had REASONABLE protection (Rarely) he was effective; and very accurate; IMO. Some fans have forgotten last year's play on the field. Hell, the RBs were getting tackled 5 yards behind the LOS. JG was getting Killed. Geeze people.

As some have said, this recruiting class is a great start. Now it’s up to the players and coaches to put in the work. I think the next recruiting class will be focused on WR and DL. We lose some key seniors from the WR core and don’t have much proven depth on the DL. We have what we think is our future QB in Bailey, so the key is keeping him on board until he signs. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m ready for the O&W game already!

Tell me more about the bad defense, and I'll show you lacking time of possesion on our offense and frequent 3 and outs!

Guess what.? THAT HURTS A DEFENSE!

I don't what your deal is with Jarret G, but your bias for him makes you sound like an idiot.

I personally don't know the kid. And I don't have to.
I'm just judging his play on the field....and it absolutely sucks! He was supposed to be superior to Josh Dobbs coming in. Do you really think we win only 9 games over two seasons with J Dobbs at QB for 2017 and 2018?? Gaurantano has only thrown 16 tds in 2 seasons....

I don't know what to tell you. It's not mine or anybody else's fault that he is a subpar QB. But hey man, if you want to keep on believing in Santa Clause Gaurantano...👍👍👍

I just want to lighten things up a little bit. Of course in my own crazy way and dedicated to a fellow know nothing: :)

Don't know much at all about the kid's history
Don't know much about biology or his pedigree
Don't know much about throwing the mechanics science book
Don't know much of anything about him or the French I took

But I do know that I love my Volunteers
And I know that despite my years of tears
What a wonderful world this would be
If the past despair I didn't have to see

Don't know much about the kid's cerebral geography
Don't know much about his field vision trigonometry
Don't know much about his accurate throwing algebra, or

Even if he even has any idea what a slide rule is for

But I know that one and one equals two
And for donning O&W to say "thank you"
What a wonderful this would be
If the past despair I didn't have to see

I don't claim to be omniscient, you see
But I'm trying awfully hard and my best to be
Maybe my being omniscient, just maybe
You can yet love Gaurantano, Mr. Crabby

--Apologies to Sam Cooke--

Last edited:
Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
in just 1 full year!! He's managed to completely flip the roster through recruiting and brilliantly using the transfer portal, improved seemingly every position group, improved the PWO program (it matters a little), I think he's put together a great staff blended with both veterans and young whippersnappers and he's got an AD in Coach Fulmer that is willing and able to get him whatever he needs. Best of all he's snatching kids from Saban and Kirby!! I thought he was in over his head a bit last season, everything seemed rushed and a step behind. What a difference a year can make!! CJP seemed relaxed yesterday, showed a bit of personality and just seemed to be on top of things. Year 2 is generally big for great coaches and many of us feel we've got a good one. I think the roster is a good blend of experience, youth and talent, next year is the easiest schedule we've had since this mess started and the Vols are currently the #1 team in the country!! I believe we go 10-3 next season and the curse is lifted!! See you all next fall!!

I like what you say until you start "crystal balling" about seasons down the road. There are just too many variables in the game of football to look much past the next game when you are trying to rebuild a program.

I'm pleased with the class. It looks like a good one that fills needs... landed in competition with a bunch of teams that won twice as many games.

That said, Pruitt will have "delivered" when UT starts winning football games. Anyone who has been around very long knows that UT has done a good bit of "winning" on NSD over the last few years.. UT has finished maybe 2 times outside the top 25 over the last 20-25 years?

Way premature to declare Pruitt’s mission accomplished. Good lord. He has done well in the past year with regard to improving the roster. But the infield resulywere bad last year. Of course...a coach has to be given time. But just saying he hasnt “delivered” anything yet. Butch brought in a lot of talent. He just didn’t run a competent program from top to bottom. It’s internal culture, s&c, being able to get the right player on the field in the right places, and in game decision making/adjustments. Here’s to hoping Pruitt does more with what he has than butch did

When JG had REASONABLE protection (Rarely) he was effective; and very accurate; IMO. Some fans have forgotten last year's play on the field. Hell, the RBs were getting tackled 5 yards behind the LOS. JG was getting Killed. Geeze people.
When JG made good pre-snap reads and got the ball out to the right receiver on time (seldom), he got reasonable protection.

This is a two way street. No one in their right mind would argue the OL was great or consistent. That said, it is just as crazy not to lay a significant portion of the blame at JG's feet. He doesn't read D's well and doesn't make decisions quickly enough. He doesn't anticipate throws well. The OL has problems... but so does JG... and they aren't just "minor" problems to their "major" problems.

He's done a ridiculous amount of improvement on this roster in 14 months. I don't think we could have asked for more. Hiring back
Jim Cheney is huge. Because now we SHOULD get some better production from the QB position.Thats the most pressing thing.

Qb is a huge problem. I believe Cheney will fix that immediately, by giving the defenses heavy doses of Ty Chandler, Tim Jordan, and Eric Gray.

How do you "fix" a player at the QB position who has not been fixable the whole time he has been on the hill. Just does not seem mentally quick enough. Now if it is set up to where all he has to do on a play is hand off, on another play pass to a "given spot, or throw it away, or on another play run (if he will). Then maybe his natural skills will manifest themselves. That is if they are what we have been thinking they are for the last few year.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
Get over it already. JG is not as good as some believe and not nearly as bad as some make him. Bottom line is that Pruitt and Chaney can figure it out and we as a fanbase can do our part by supporting who they run out there. I personally think it's ridiculous the way some of the fanbase rag on JG. All I see is a kid giving his all.

Sorry..... But I don't think his "all" is good enough for the SEC.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolsGrad1989
PWOs do Matter....Builds the program from within and recruits that want to play here will push the others.
Biggest stride and helps clean out the others. Must assume that if Pruitt and Staff offered and accepted a player that this PWO will contribute.
Osborne and Nebraska built their program in the 60's - 90's with PWOs as backups and starters establishing a foundation/base to draw from....
Some may say they will never see the field, but they will and others will challenge starters for position.

I agree with G8rh8r. We have every right to be excited. Yesterday was a big win. But it was the first layer being laid down to get us to Tennessee standards. My gut tells me this years class was all about the grunts. Fixing the line. Getting physical again. Next year will be about the show ponies. 10 wins may still be a tad optimistic but there is no reason not to think we can't finally start winning those games we are supposed to and challenging the rest.

Show ponies... I think the receivers we lost this recruiting round are telling us something. They did not see a "pony" who could get the ball to them and did not see a "colt" in the stable that showed the promise they were looking for. If you don't have a "derby" type "race horse" at QB, you will not get the receivers we wish for. Hell, some teams are losing really good QBs to transfer that are better than we have had in a while. Guess if runners see we can't throw, then we may get some great ones. Gotta get a "top tier" high school QB before the kind of elite offensive skill guys will commit.

Show ponies... I think the receivers we lost this recruiting round are telling us something. They did not see a "pony" who could get the ball to them and did not see a "colt" in the stable that showed the promise they were looking for. If you don't have a "derby" type "race horse" at QB, you will not get the receivers we wish for. Hell, some teams are losing really good QBs to transfer that are better than we have had in a while. Guess if runners see we can't throw, then we may get some great ones. Gotta get a "top tier" high school QB before the kind of elite offensive skill guys will commit.
A lot of truth to this. Hopefully Bailey is the man next year!

VN Store

Back