Coach Pruitt has delivered

PulaskiVolFan

in just 1 full year!! He's managed to completely flip the roster through recruiting and brilliantly using the transfer portal, improved seemingly every position group, improved the PWO program (it matters a little), I think he's put together a great staff blended with both veterans and young whippersnappers and he's got an AD in Coach Fulmer that is willing and able to get him whatever he needs. Best of all he's snatching kids from Saban and Kirby!! I thought he was in over his head a bit last season, everything seemed rushed and a step behind. What a difference a year can make!! CJP seemed relaxed yesterday, showed a bit of personality and just seemed to be on top of things. Year 2 is generally big for great coaches and many of us feel we've got a good one. I think the roster is a good blend of experience, youth and talent, next year is the easiest schedule we've had since this mess started and the Vols are currently the #1 team in the country!! I believe we go 10-3 next season and the curse is lifted!! See you all next fall!!

It's early in the morning and I cannot think of a funny or cute rebuttal or, come up with a hilarious reply so, all I can do is to thank the Gentleman from Pulaski, TN for sharing his unbridled enthusiasm of our coach with his Vol Nation brethren . Go Vols and hey, who needs Gruden??

PS Any chance you know Stoney Curry from Pulaski? Class of 1979.

It's early in the morning and I cannot think of a funny or cute rebuttal or, come up with a hilarious reply so, all I can do is to thank the Gentleman from Pulaski, TN for sharing his unbridled enthusiasm of our coach with his Vol Nation brethren . Go Vols and hey, who needs Gruden??

PS Any chance you know Stoney Curry from Pulaski? Class of 1979.
I know him well! Old golfing pal from way back. His brother Mike just passed away this past week. Stoney is a good one, great guy!

Pulaski person, hard as it is for me to not share your joy and reign in my own enthusiasm, I'll await on-field results before crowning him Lord of the Rockytop. All while pulling for him to become just that. At least I still believe we got ourselves a REAL football coach now. I do like seeing his bringing back a genuine SEC roster to the UT.

I also think in one more year, we will either beat the Bama-Ga.-Fla. gang or be scaring the "heil" out of them. Cause they'll know what's coming.

Last edited:
Great job by Pruitt but we are still behind 6 SEC teams in recruiting. Our O line & QB would need to take big steps to get to 10 wins next year but hope springs eternal. Especially in the Spring for Volnation.
I do think we are trending up.

in just 1 full year!! He's managed to completely flip the roster through recruiting and brilliantly using the transfer portal, improved seemingly every position group, improved the PWO program (it matters a little), I think he's put together a great staff blended with both veterans and young whippersnappers and he's got an AD in Coach Fulmer that is willing and able to get him whatever he needs. Best of all he's snatching kids from Saban and Kirby!! I thought he was in over his head a bit last season, everything seemed rushed and a step behind. What a difference a year can make!! CJP seemed relaxed yesterday, showed a bit of personality and just seemed to be on top of things. Year 2 is generally big for great coaches and many of us feel we've got a good one. I think the roster is a good blend of experience, youth and talent, next year is the easiest schedule we've had since this mess started and the Vols are currently the #1 team in the country!! I believe we go 10-3 next season and the curse is lifted!! See you all next fall!!

He's done a ridiculous amount of improvement on this roster in 14 months. I don't think we could have asked for more. Hiring back
Jim Cheney is huge. Because now we SHOULD get some better production from the QB position.Thats the most pressing thing.

Qb is a huge problem. I believe Cheney will fix that immediately, by giving the defenses heavy doses of Ty Chandler, Tim Jordan, and Eric Gray.

Great job by Pruitt but we are still behind 6 SEC teams in recruiting. Our O line & QB would need to take big steps to get to 10 wins next year but hope springs eternal. Especially in the Spring for Volnation.
I do think we are trending up.
I sort of understand this but I sort of don't.

If you look at the actual class quality, we're right there with these teams, no? And if we acknowledge that we filled huge positions of need (OL, for example) and assume our coaches can develop talent, the fact that we're 'behind 6 teams' becomes less and less relevant.

I don't know that any one recruiting site has rankings right.

All hinges on the improvement or lack there off of the Offensive line. We are at least average at most other positions. Need to finish in the top 7 or so next year in recruiting and then keep it up. That means signing LESS 3 star prospects.

Star ratings are nice, but as we have seen, it boils down to player development and coaching. I believe we have that piece of the puzzle solved, or at least headed in the right direction.

Remember that just a few years ago MZ was winning the East with a roster full of 3-stars. With hard work, the right attitude, and good coaching anything is possible.

GBO!!!

He's done a ridiculous amount of improvement on this roster in 14 months. I don't think we could have asked for more. Hiring back
Jim Cheney is huge. Because now we SHOULD get some better production from the QB position.Thats the most pressing thing.

Qb is a huge problem. I believe Cheney will fix that immediately, by giving the defenses heavy doses of Ty Chandler, Tim Jordan, and Eric Gray.
Qb is NOT a huge problem. It can/could/should get better, like it very much did last year, but of all the many HUGE problems last year, it wasn’t one of em.

A pathetic OL that screwed everything up offensively.....a DL that couldn’t get any pressure whatsoever on the opposing qb....a LB corps that couldn’t get off blocks and hence, couldn’t tackle anybody.....a secondary that struggled most every game despite having two young promising corners.....a defense that gave up 38 or more points in half our games. THOSE were the primary problems.

That said, I do believe Chaney will pay big dividends with getting the offense more efficient through better schemes and play calling.

And, oh yeah.....Pruitt and staff have done an excellent job with the 2019 recruiting class.

Qb is NOT a huge problem. It can/could/should get better, like it very much did last year, but of all the many HUGE problems last year, it wasn’t one of em.

A pathetic OL that screwed everything up offensively.....a DL that couldn’t get any pressure whatsoever on the opposing qb....a LB corps that couldn’t get off blocks and hence, couldn’t tackle anybody.....a secondary that struggled most every game despite having two young promising corners.....a defense that gave up 38 or more points in half our games. THOSE were the primary problems.

That said, I do believe Chaney will pay big dividends with getting the offense more efficient through better schemes and play calling.

And, oh yeah.....Pruitt and staff have done an excellent job with the 2019 recruiting class.

Tell me more about the bad defense, and I'll show you lacking time of possesion on our offense and frequent 3 and outs!

Guess what.? THAT HURTS A DEFENSE!

I don't what your deal is with Jarret G, but your bias for him makes you sound like an idiot.

I personally don't know the kid. And I don't have to.
I'm just judging his play on the field....and it absolutely sucks! He was supposed to be superior to Josh Dobbs coming in. Do you really think we win only 9 games over two seasons with J Dobbs at QB for 2017 and 2018?? Gaurantano has only thrown 16 tds in 2 seasons....

I don't know what to tell you. It's not mine or anybody else's fault that he is a subpar QB. But hey man, if you want to keep on believing in Santa Clause Gaurantano...👍👍👍

He has delivered on the recruiting front. However; if he can't coach, then we could have a team of 5* players and still lose.
I see only one game that we lost last season that we should have won and that was USC. We beat 2 teams that we should have lost to and we lost to 1 team that we should have beaten.

Tell me more about the bad defense, and I'll show you lacking time of possesion on our offense and frequent 3 and outs!

Guess what.? THAT HURTS A DEFENSE!

I don't what your deal is with Jarret G, but your bias for him makes you sound like an idiot.

I personally don't know the kid. And I don't have to.
I'm just judging his play on the field....and it absolutely sucks! He was supposed to be superior to Josh Dobbs coming in. Do you really think we win only 9 games over two seasons with J Dobbs at QB for 2017 and 2018?? Gaurantano has only thrown 16 tds in 2 seasons....

I don't know what to tell you. It's not mine or anybody else's fault that he is a subpar QB. But hey man, if you want to keep on believing in Santa Clause Gaurantano...👍👍👍
Get over it already. JG is not as good as some believe and not nearly as bad as some make him. Bottom line is that Pruitt and Chaney can figure it out and we as a fanbase can do our part by supporting who they run out there. I personally think it's ridiculous the way some of the fanbase rag on JG. All I see is a kid giving his all.

He has delivered on the recruiting front. However; if he can't coach, then we could have a team of 5* players and still lose.
I see only one game that we lost last season that we should have won and that was USC. We beat 2 teams that we should have lost to and we lost to 1 team that we should have beaten.

I saw him coach guys up. I feel like a whole the Defense was 10x better at the end of the season versus the start. I did not see players giving up like a have in the past, I saw 100% effort by most players, not just a couple that would carry the team. Examples Dobbs, Barnett, Kamara, Sutton, Berry, all these players carried a team on their backs in some form or fashion. I think Kamara would have done more if given the chance.

Reactions: Orange Swagger
but did Coach Pruitt get the 25 players that want to do what it takes to win...:D

PS...if not, he made a heck of a try...and,

GO VOLS..RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

Reactions: Orange Swagger
Pump the brakes a bit OP. I like CJP as much as anyone, but he’s stocked the pantry with some amazing talent now. Let’s see if he can make an award winning dish with it.

Personally, I think he will. But it’s going to take 2-3 years before we will know. Guys like Wright should be able to make an impact immediately.

I agree with G8rh8r. We have every right to be excited. Yesterday was a big win. But it was the first layer being laid down to get us to Tennessee standards. My gut tells me this years class was all about the grunts. Fixing the line. Getting physical again. Next year will be about the show ponies. 10 wins may still be a tad optimistic but there is no reason not to think we can't finally start winning those games we are supposed to and challenging the rest.

here's a little perspective about what we did yesterday, compared to the rest of the teams in the top 15. we're not going to win the SEC with this class alone, and we're probably still 2-3 years away from really being a true contender. but this class at least provides what looks to be an extremely solid first step on the way back. and we won some pretty critical recruiting battles against some teams we compete with on the field. and everyone knows we'll have to wait and see how everything pans out, but on it's own, there's no reason not to be excited about this class.

VN Store

Back