Coach Pruitt has delivered

in just 1 full year!! He's managed to completely flip the roster through recruiting and brilliantly using the transfer portal, improved seemingly every position group, improved the PWO program (it matters a little), I think he's put together a great staff blended with both veterans and young whippersnappers and he's got an AD in Coach Fulmer that is willing and able to get him whatever he needs. Best of all he's snatching kids from Saban and Kirby!! I thought he was in over his head a bit last season, everything seemed rushed and a step behind. What a difference a year can make!! CJP seemed relaxed yesterday, showed a bit of personality and just seemed to be on top of things. Year 2 is generally big for great coaches and many of us feel we've got a good one. I think the roster is a good blend of experience, youth and talent, next year is the easiest schedule we've had since this mess started and the Vols are currently the #1 team in the country!! I believe we go 10-3 next season and the curse is lifted!! See you all next fall!!
Rushing a bit too fast huh? Lol. 8-5 next year and 10-3 in 2020 mark it down!!!!

Reactions: Big Al Orange
9-4 this season.
11-2 2020.

yeah, i said it.

tenor.gif

Tell me more about the bad defense, and I'll show you lacking time of possesion on our offense and frequent 3 and outs!

Guess what.? THAT HURTS A DEFENSE!

I don't what your deal is with Jarret G, but your bias for him makes you sound like an idiot.

I personally don't know the kid. And I don't have to.
I'm just judging his play on the field....and it absolutely sucks! He was supposed to be superior to Josh Dobbs coming in. Do you really think we win only 9 games over two seasons with J Dobbs at QB for 2017 and 2018?? Gaurantano has only thrown 16 tds in 2 seasons....

I don't know what to tell you. It's not mine or anybody else's fault that he is a subpar QB. But hey man, if you want to keep on believing in Santa Clause Gaurantano...đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Hard to be a good quarterback when you're on the ground constantly. Even if we had Trevor Lawrence, or heck, even Tom Brady it wouldn't have mattered. JG has shown that he is a solid SEC starter when he has time to throw the ball. And some of the throws that he made while being hit were impressive.

Dobbs was special because of how he could run the ball. Very few quarterbacks can run that well, and Dobbs was able to make things happen when the play would break down due to poor blocking.

Running--Dobbs > JG
Thowing when given time--JG > Dobbs

Just my opinion.

of course we will. it's a prediction. not a guarantee...lol.

and that was 9-4 with a bowl win.................not a bowl loss............just to be clear.
:)

Still a bolder man than me. I don't feel comfortable making any season-record predictions prior to seeing the spring game, and getting everyone from the recruiting class on campus; just too many unknowns.

Still a bolder man than me. I don't feel comfortable making any season-record predictions prior to seeing the spring game, and getting everyone from the recruiting class on campus; just too many unknowns.
eh, who cares. it's February.

things will change.

Reactions: Behr
Please do me a favor and give Stoney my email of CoastalSpaff@Aol and tell him Doug from Hess Hall and Lambda Chi Alpha says "Hi". Stoney got me to sign up for Farm and Animal Husbandry class at the UT Ag campus as an elective and well. it was pretty funny seeing a Jersey kid castrating pigs, sheep and calves!! Thanks Mr. Pulaski!
I'll get it to him.

Reactions: Volador
I support him fully and think that we can reach a bowl game this year, but still a year or two away from challenging Georgia or Alabama.

It's a pretty big deal man, it could ruin your ecred. Also, you better slow your roll so you don't get disappointed.
lol. my ecred aint worth s**t anyway. and i can't be disappointed anymore. we've lost 5 of the last 7 to Vandy. i'm all out of disappointment.

but basketball and 13 four and five * players in this class have me a bit fired up.

believe we've turned a corner, even if it's not "right" one yet. it's a corner none the less. we'll see if we turn another one or two later on this year

Reactions: Behr
It’s a very nice class on paper, but I’ve been excited about other signing classes too.

Ready to square away those 7 wins this fall and ride to a legit top 10 class in 2020.

Like I told my last wife, I said, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.”

I think Pruitt is doing a good job so far. I think we're headed the right way but we have a ways before a culture shift. I really wonder if all our players played their best and laid it all on the line OR if that bowl game and extra practices just weren't that appealing.

Get over it already. JG is not as good as some believe and not nearly as bad as some make him. Bottom line is that Pruitt and Chaney can figure it out and we as a fanbase can do our part by supporting who they run out there. I personally think it's ridiculous the way some of the fanbase rag on JG. All I see is a kid giving his all.

I agree that no one needs to rag a player for giving his all. I admire JG totally for giving his all. I think posters on here get tired of everyone blaming the OL for JG's inadequacies! Again, I admire JG and think he is a pretty good QB. But, he isn't a top tier SEC QB. That is what UT needs along with better play in the trenches to win 9-10 games and be in contention to win the SEC East!!! In my opinion, JG will never be the answer no matter how well the OL plays!!! He just doesn't appear to have the IT factor when it comes to presnap reads, making on the fly adjustments, and making much quicker decisions!!! He also likes to watch one WR and not go through progressions like a team needs a lot of the time!!!

Seems that Ole Kiffy turned a certain hapless Jonathan Crompton around, surely Ole Chaney can do the same. I mean it's not as impossible as you might want to believe.

I would say Chaney had a lot more to do with Crompton's turn around than Kiffin. It amazes me how so many give a man so much credit that isn't warranted. Especially, after he **** all over UT to take his dream job and get fired. Did you see what Kiffin's O did at FAU after Briles left. Kiffin's success has always been due to others. He isn't as great of a coach as everyone thinks! It is easy to have a great O when you have 5 star players all over the place playing against mainly 3 and 4 star players like he did when he was at Bama.

I would say Chaney had a lot more to do with Crompton's turn around than Kiffin. It amazes me how so many give a man so much credit that isn't warranted. Especially, after he **** all over UT to take his dream job and get fired. Did you see what Kiffin's O did at FAU after Briles left. Kiffin's success has always been due to others. He isn't as great of a coach as everyone thinks! It is easy to have a great O when you have 5 star players all over the place playing against mainly 3 and 4 star players like he did when he was at Bama.

Well... I guess all I can say is, I'll try to learn from the mistakes of others. I will never live long enough to make them all myself.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
Our coaching staff believes different. Coach Pruitt would punch you in the mouth if you were to rag JG to him personally.

Well, he would get the chance if he ask me what I thought. As to him punching me in the mouth, he just might say "I know but he is the best I have right now".......

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
See Crompton, Jonathan (Cheney's first minor miracle at QB)
See Ainge, Erik (after 2005 season to be specific)

No,,,, what I see is the guy he has to work on now. From his past he just doesn't think quick enough. I hope you are right and Cheney is a miracle worker.

I'll play the other side just a minute.

If the OL improves a little then it could provide a better environment for JG to start thinking more freely. Both have problems. Both need significant improvement. But the improvement of both are interdependent. The OL is going to improve if not by development and S&C... then by replacement. The question is whether the same will have to occur at QB before things get better.

Having watched Chaney and taken an interest in him since his first tenure at UT... IMO he strongly favors decision makers. He'll push JG that way. He'll turn him into a solid decision maker or else replace him. It is the best and worst situation JG could be in.
What you say is right on. But, even if he gets JG making good decisions, I am afraid they will be made too slowly. Just one point to support my thinking; how often are his passes "a little late"? Just doesn't think fast enough I fear.

What you say is right on. But, even if he gets JG making good decisions, I am afraid they will be made too slowly. Just one point to support my thinking; how often are his passes "a little late"? Just doesn't think fast enough I fear.
I would include decisions being made faster in them being good. A good decision made late... is a bad decision.

His best games were those when UT had an advantage in the WR/CB match up enabling him to throw short or back shoulder. Throws that don't require much decision making since you have one receiver and the sideline to worry about... and plays where delivering the ball late isn't a bad thing.

I don't remember more than a handful of plays where he either over threw a receiver deep or threw to a receiver in stride beyond 15 yards. It isn't an arm issue.

VN Store

Back