'19 JUCO DT Jahkeem Green (USCjr Commit)

Is there any reason to believe Emerson isn’t healthy? And what does he need to improve upon? He didn’t play last season. Not trying to throw shade, i just don’t understand why people continually count Emerson out. He redshirted his freshman year, has had plenty of time to rehab and recover from his HS injury. Just don’t get why people think a top 100 player who hasn’t had a chance to play yet is already a bust 🤷🏻‍♂️

It was a pretty significant and bad injury. Have to see if he can be the same type of player as before. Look at Kirkland and Brooks for recent examples. Just a big IF.

Reactions: VOLuptuousBOOMS
Is there any reason to believe Emerson isn’t healthy? And what does he need to improve upon? He didn’t play last season. Not trying to throw shade, i just don’t understand why people continually count Emerson out. He redshirted his freshman year, has had plenty of time to rehab and recover from his HS injury. Just don’t get why people think a top 100 player who hasn’t had a chance to play yet is already a bust 🤷🏻‍♂️
BVS

Oh I’m not calling him a bust. He has as much or more potential of any DL we have. However it was reported he came in out of shape, didn’t have the same movement after his injury, etc. It was obvious he NEEDED a redshirt year, after what was a very serious injury. Mincey on the other hand showed flashes last year and was our 3rd or 4th best freshman from last year behind Taylor, Thompson, and maybe Flowers.

Obviously this is just my opinion... not trying to state it as fact.

Reactions: swchandler1988
It was a pretty significant and bad injury. Have to see if he can be the same type of player as before. Look at Kirkland and Brooks for recent examples. Just a big IF.
yeah, i think our experience with injured players coming in isn't very good, and people remember that.

but at the same time, we've been so conditioned over the past 5 or 6 years that we absolutely must improve the talent, that every single class that has come in, has been viewed as "better" than what we currently have on the roster. that same mentality exists now.

so a true freshman that doesn't come in and compete and contribute, if not start, must be a bust.

it's just not true. there was a time, not all that long ago, that it was considered a bad thing if freshmen were counted on.

now it seems it must be required.

i'm not worried about Emerson. he did need to rehab and get healthy. i'm pretty confident he will be and if he does the things he's supposed to on the developmental side with S&C.....i have to think he's going to be a good player for us. the opportunity is certainly there.

It’s an if, yes, but a guy who had an injury a year and a half ago and has only been practicing and being prepared for this season is someone i would bet on. His Instagram posts only reflect him being motivated to ball out. Btw DKjr had a pulled hammy, knee surgery and a torn miniscus all from April-August 2017. Impressive he was even able to play this past season

He is expected to be able to play? Is that a hunch or based on something.

I thought it was reported that he should be able to win his waiver and play this year, whereas Gibbs has to sit.

*Green is ranked just behind Savion, #2 DT in juco

On the composite, he is. But on the 247 rankings he's ranked higher.

I thought it was reported that he should be able to win his waiver and play this year, whereas Gibbs has to sit.

On the composite, he is. But on the 247 rankings he's ranked higher.
I’ve just heard UT feels like he has a good chance to get the waiver. If so that changes everything

If Solomon gets the waiver, that gives us 5 DL that should be solid starters (Solomon, Gooden, Emerson, Savion, Middleton) and guys like Butler, Mincey and Garland for depth
We do not have enough quality DL depth. We need more.

This kid would be a welcome edition

VN Store

Back