'19 JUCO DT Jahkeem Green (USCjr Commit)

Considering this staff appears to be better at coaching and developing then maybe you shouldn't judge immediate impact of another stuff vs current one. KOngbo, Alexis, gooden were each Jucos. All 3 were solid to key contributors at points last yr. kongbo and Alexis did nothing under previous staff. I would have loved to see kongbo and Alexis with 3 yrs under Pruitt instead of 1

Gooden was an immediate winning help but you'd have to include Johnson, Anderson, and George as juco guys that weren't ready to make immediate winning impacts
And all were recruited by this staff.

Seeing Kongo and Alexis come on late gives me hope for Johnson and Anderson but there is just way too much history/data with juco guys to assume they are going to be winning players Immediately.

Can someone give me an idea of why we might end up with 2 ILB, Wright, and Pickens? I don't see the immediate DT help? Gooden, Middleton, Savion that is a lot of "ifs" no

Can someone give me an idea of why we might end up with 2 ILB, Wright, and Pickens? I don't see the immediate DT help? Gooden, Middleton, Savion that is a lot of "ifs" no

Gooden looked at times to be our most disruptive DT last year.

Savion and Middleton are both big kids the school accepted early. Both are rated higher than Green on 247.

Solomon is expected to be able to play this year. Former 5 Star kid from U of Michigan.

Emerson is a year into the program and was a blue chip kid pre injury.

Last edited:
All recruits are ifs. This guy is a bigger if than the 3 you mentioned. We took 3 or 4 dt last year and already signed 4 in this class.

Gooden looked at times to be our most disruptive DT last year.

Savion and Middleton are both big kids the school accepted early. Both are rated higher than Green on 247.

Solomon is expected to be able to play this year. Former 5 Star kid from U of Michigan.

Emerson is a year into the program and was a blue chip kid pre injury.
He is expected to be able to play? Is that a hunch or based on something. I’m asking honestly. Last i heard he was waiting on the waiver. *Green is ranked just behind Savion, #2 DT in juco

Last edited:
i want Russell and HT. but if i had to pick a bigger need, itd be DL.

that said, @HoleInTheRoof and @Sleegro are right, we've got kids that are here, and coming in that will help with the over all #'s, even if there's not a "difference maker" recruit in hte bunch. not sure Green would qualify as that, if Savion doesn't, so i don't view any DL prospect we're looking at (LC or Green) as all that much different than what we currently have, or what's coming in.

solomon is the x factor on the DL. haven't heard anything lately, but last i saw there were some good feelings about him being able to play in 2019. you get him, Gooden, Emerson and/or a few others, and all the sudden you're looking at #'s for depth as well as some pretty good top of the order talent.

still an "if" headed in to the season, but there's potential there.

i want Russell and HT. but if i had to pick a bigger need, itd be DL.

that said, @HoleInTheRoof and @Sleegro are right, we've got kids that are here, and coming in that will help with the over all #'s, even if there's not a "difference maker" recruit in hte bunch. not sure Green would qualify as that, if Savion doesn't, so i don't view any DL prospect we're looking at (LC or Green) as all that much different than what we currently have, or what's coming in.

solomon is the x factor on the DL. haven't heard anything lately, but last i saw there were some good feelings about him being able to play in 2019. you get him, Gooden, Emerson and/or a few others, and all the sudden you're looking at #'s for depth as well as some pretty good top of the order talent.

still an "if" headed in to the season, but there's potential there.
If Solomon gets the waiver, that gives us 5 DL that should be solid starters (Solomon, Gooden, Emerson, Savion, Middleton) and guys like Butler, Mincey and Garland for depth

If Solomon gets the waiver, that gives us 5 DL that should be solid starters (Solomon, Gooden, Emerson, Savion, Middleton) and guys like Butler, Mincey and Garland for depth
yep. i still say there's questions there simply because there's no production on record with some of those guys....

but that kind of line up has a ton of potential for sure.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Unless Emerson gets healthy and improves drastically, Mincey will be playing significantly more than him.
Mincey also plays on the weak side, and we don’t have as much depth there. All of the guys you have listed are bigger bodied SDE/DT guys. He is most likely to fill Kyle Phillips spot IMO.

Reactions: AppStVol
Unless Emerson gets healthy and improves drastically, Mincey will be playing significantly more than him.
Mincey also plays on the weak side, and we don’t have as much depth there. All of the guys you have listed are bigger bodied SDE/DT guys. He is most likely to fill Kyle Phillips spot IMO.
Is there any reason to believe Emerson isn’t healthy? And what does he need to improve upon? He didn’t play last season. Not trying to throw shade, i just don’t understand why people continually count Emerson out. He redshirted his freshman year, has had plenty of time to rehab and recover from his HS injury. Just don’t get why people think a top 100 player who hasn’t had a chance to play yet is already a bust 🤷🏻‍♂️

VN Store

Back