'19 CB S Anthony Harris (UT commit 6/8/18)

According to 247 they offered.... so he at the very least had a spot early on based on his talent.... he may not now based on grades but if he contributed on a Bryce Thompson level then heā€™d be more than worth the spot

Reactions: Bobo0101
According to 247 they offered.... so he at the very least had a spot early on based on his talent.... he may not now based on grades but if he contributed on a Bryce Thompson level then heā€™d be more than worth the spot

One of those offers like we have out or Bama is famous for that doesnā€™t end up with the kid in school? I know UNCā€™s hot for him. No other schools seem to be a factor per VQ.

One of those offers like we have out or Bama is famous for that doesnā€™t end up with the kid in school? I know UNCā€™s hot for him. No other schools seem to be a factor per VQ.
Thatā€™s fair but at some point they offered him.... whether it was committable i donā€™t know, fact is that we can use all the help we can get, i get that you donā€™t want to possibly waste a spot, but Pruitt and the program are not in a position to turn down serious talent at the moment..... you can at least admit that, programs like TN you donā€™t get 5-6 years to rebuild you have to show steady progress or youā€™re gone by year 3-4

Thatā€™s fair but at some point they offered him.... whether it was committable i donā€™t know, fact is that we can use all the help we can get, i get that you donā€™t want to possibly waste a spot, but Pruitt and the program are not in a position to turn down serious talent at the moment..... you can at least admit that, programs like TN you donā€™t get 5-6 years to rebuild you have to show steady progress or youā€™re gone by year 3-4

Course I agree. If thereā€™s more talent in next yearā€™s class, I hope to have more spots for it.

Reactions: SugarCC and Sleegro
Course I agree. If thereā€™s more talent in next yearā€™s class, I hope to have more spots for it.
If thereā€™s more talent weā€™ll take one less of the lesser talented guys that wouldā€™ve been a lower tier take next year... seems pretty elementary to me. If Harris was the least talented player we took in a class then that class would be the most epic in CFB history IMO

Reactions: StoVol and Bobo0101
If only the staff could somehow look ahead at the players in next year's class and make a judgment call as to weather or not the spot would be better used this year or next. But heck what do they know, it's not like they've got a room full of guys making 6 and 7 figures a year to crunch numbers and make recruiting decisions. Wonder why they just don't ask butchna's opinion...

If thereā€™s more talent weā€™ll take one less of the lesser talented guys that wouldā€™ve been a lower tier take next year... seems pretty elementary to me. If Harris was the least talented player we took in a class then that class would be the most epic in CFB history IMO
If youā€™re focused in on only defensive backs. What if we have an in with an epic pass rusher or running back next season but out of room? I trust the coaches. Best I can do for you.

And I think Harris is talented, but the scenario where him being the least talented would automatically propel the class to MOST EPIC status? Biggest STRETCH in history...

imo

Last edited:
If only the staff could somehow look ahead at the players in next year's class and make a judgment call as to weather or not the spot would be better used this year or next. But heck what do they know, it's not like they've got a room full of guys making 6 and 7 figures a year to crunch numbers and make recruiting decisions. Wonder why they just don't ask butchna's opinion...

That ainā€™t my opinion and this is all needless. If you canā€™t handle a conversation? Bow out. Have some decency. šŸ˜

Reactions: Sleegro
if we get him he'll just push next years Means out, whoever our worst signee would have been. Personally I'd use that physical capital advance on the recruiting credit card, and take a top 250 recruit now, rather than a statistically less likely to succeed player next year. So its like borrowing money to invest right now, perhaps its return exceeds the interest

InformalEnlightenedBaleenwhale-size_restricted.gif
šŸ‘šŸ»

if we get him he'll just push next years Means out, whoever our worst signee would have been. Personally I'd use that physical capital advance on the recruiting credit card, and take a top 250 recruit now, rather than a statistically less likely to succeed player next year. So its like borrowing money to invest right now, perhaps its return exceeds the interest

K. Gotta pay credit cards off eventually. Know that experience with two different wives.

Reactions: SugarCC and StoVol
If youā€™re focused in on only defensive backs. What if we have an in with an epic pass rusher or running back next season but out of room? I trust the coaches. Best I can do for you.
Weā€™ll make a spot for an elite player? Whether we have to tell a lower tier recruit to look around or whatever... recruiting is pretty fluid? We wonā€™t ever lose out on an elite recruit if they want to come here, you should know that bud

Seems like we've turned away a couple this year in Moore and bogle because we don't have room. šŸ¤”

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back