Grant Gator chomping deserves its own thread!

You act like they flipped the double birds and then mooned the crowd. They were getting venom from the student section all night, they’re perfectly within their rights to give it back to them a bit

I believe TGO is the same age as Clint Eastwood so don’t be surprised by his take.

Reactions: vols 30 and Vol49er
No need to run over there and engage them. Calmly walking off the court and pointing at the scoreboard would have been more than enough. Dumb move by those two team leaders. It won't surprise me to see them issue an apology. It was low class.
I see it as harmless fun. They chomp us. We chomp them. Just a bunch of people enjoying life.

Maybe my memory is way off, but I seem to remember one year in football that we had momentum in a game vs Florida and our QB did the Gator Chomp. I think it was a bad omen, we ended up losing that game.
Luckily for you, Grant did it when the game was over. So losing isn’t an option

Reactions: sbm362
No need to run over there and engage them. Calmly walking off the court and pointing at the scoreboard would have been more than enough. Dumb move by those two team leaders. It won't surprise me to see them issue an apology. It was low class.

Maybe they'll just bake them cookies instead

Reactions: Alto1
It was the RB, John Kelly, in 2017, after we tied it up. And yes, Florida did come back and win that game. But that was during the game and the taunt actually resulted in a penalty that helped Florida. I think it’s a different situation. Also, f Florida, go Vols

Yep. If they're going to allow Florida to have some obnoxious celebration that only they can do during the game, might as well throw it back at them once the clock expires.

Perhaps, but that wouldn’t make Florida fans half as mad, and there’s nothing better than making Florida fans mad 😂

Agreed. Take the high road.

With that said, I despise florida (intentionally didn't capitalize) and wouldn't care to see their university never win a game in any sport, ever.

I believe TGO is the same age as Clint Eastwood so don’t be surprised by his take.

AR-308049392.jpg&MaxW=1200&Q=66

Some undercover gator fans in this thread. Take that L gators, those last two minutes were a flurry. We flew all over y’all. Florida was the helpless opponent in the corner leaning against the ropes and UT was Mohammad Ali. With Schofield coming in with the DAGGER

Reactions: Ostrich
I think we have found the guy that bumped into Grant.....

With that said, I despise florida (intentionally didn't capitalize) and wouldn't care to see their university never win a game in any sport, ever.

I'd rather see TN fans Rammer Jammer at Bama in Neyland next year. But at least it was directed at Florida fans... the worst inbreds in the SEC.

Reactions: RavinDave
A big nothing burger. No obscene gestures. No one was hurt. No property damage. Don’t know why some in here have the vapors over this. It’s fine when their students do it, and it’s fine for us to respond. No big deal.

That Florida official who swiped on his way by was kind of an @$$, but not seeing the whole arena he may have been needed quickly on the court.

Good win. Let’s keep em coming.

Saw an Auburn kicker do it after last second winning field goal against FL several years ago. I don't remember backlash or outrage over that.

VN Store

Back