Vols hire Chaney per Multiple Sources

Looks like a Georgia fan is salty on twitter. 🤣🤭🤣🤭🤣🤭🤣 Sounds like he didn’t get out to recruit in Gawga.😂🤭

Our 2012 offensive production against the teams we played and their SEC DEFENSIVE rankings:

1. Bama. 282 yards 13 points
2. Fla. 340 yards. 20 points
4. USCe. 472 yards. 35 points
5. Vandy. 303 yards. 18 points

Against the top 5 defenses in the SEC...we averaged 349 yards per game and 21.5 points per game.

6. UGA. 478 yards. 37 points. (1 INT returned for a TD in that game).
8. Miss. State. 361 yards. 24 points. (1 KO return for a TD in that game).

Against the AVERAGE defenses in the SEC...we averaged 420 yards per game and 30.5 points per game.

11. Mizzou. 585 yards. 51 points
13. Kentucky. 457 yards. 37 points.

Against 2 of the WORST defenses in the SEC...we averaged 521 yards per game and 44 points per game.

You have to be blind NOT to notice the pattern.

So YES...our offensive ranking in the SEC for the 2012 season had a lot to do with how we played against the average to below average teams--what I labeled "lower-tiered" teams-- in the SEC.
We must first compete to win the SEC...and if we're good enough to beat the best defenses in the SEC, then we'll be good enough to compete nationally against anyone.

Our 2012 offensive production against our OOC opponents:

NC state. 524 yds and 35 points
Ga. State 558 yds and 51 points
Akron. 633 yds and 47 points
Troy. 718 yds and 55 points

That's 608 yards per game average and 49.5 points per game average. That goes a LONG way to pad your overall season averages.

Many have quoted our 2012 offensive production as certain evidence that Chaney is an elite OC... But when you look at the numbers it's just obvious that there is nothing elite about him at all.
His last 2 years at UGA with Smart have only served to highlight these facts--IMO--as UGA's offense has all but disappeared in the last two years in the 2nd halves of games against Bama and Texas.

We must first compete to win the SEC...and if we're good enough to beat the best defenses in the SEC, then we'll be good enough to compete nationally against anyone.

GO VOLS!

Here's Georgia the same year:
Alabama 28 pts 394 yds
Florida 17 pts 273 yds
South Car 7 pts 224 yds
Vanderbilt 48 pts 567 yds
total 25.0 364.5

Mississippi 37 pts 533 yds
Auburn 38 pts 497 yds
Missouri 41 pts 355 yds
total 38.7 461.7

Kentucky 29 pts 504 yds
Tennessee 51 pts 560 yds
total 40.0 532

Buffalo 45 pts 485 yds
Fla. Atlantic 56 pts 713 yds
total 50.5 599

Lo and behold, it's that same pattern! Why? Because that's what the numbers look like for 90% of the teams in the country. It proves nothing about Chaney or our team that year, because it's not unique to Chaney or our team.

Reactions: KBVol and 99bubble
Same thing with Chavis for us.
Humm?? I guess I can look on the other side of it, that everyone recruits. You know where I’m going with this right quick, so I’ll ask you this. Are we salty at him for trying to recruit one of ours?

Humm?? I guess I can look on the other side of it, that everyone recruits. You know where I’m going with this right quick, so I’ll ask you this. Are we salty at him for trying to recruit one of ours?
Predates that. He became a nationally rated recruiter at LSU after not showing much energy in Knoxville.

Predates that. He became a nationally rated recruiter at LSU after not showing much energy in Knoxville.
He wasn’t much of a recruiter here at Knoxville, I remember back in the day when I heard about that, but a great guy he is. I guess he has learned over the years possibly, but I don’t know, but he has surely picked it up, hasn’t he?

He wasn’t much of a recruiter here at Knoxville, I remember back in the day when I heard about that, but a great guy he is. I guess he has learned over the years possibly, but I don’t know, but he has surely picked it up, hasn’t he?
My original point...which I regret. 😴

Think about this for a moment. Do you not think Kirby could have kept Chaney if he really wanted him? We've been competitive on a national scale under Kirby. The money's there. Kirby wanted to look elsewhere. Congrats on Chaney, but it's not like UT stole him. UGA gave him up. You had him before, you have him again. This time without Pittman or a deep O-line.

No, I don’t. He tried and failed. Get over yourself.

After Chaney was able to rally the team to beat Kentucky, I thought they should have offered him the head coach job. Bray might have stayed another season and we would never had to endure all the Butch Jones crap for 5 long and agonizing seasons.

After Chaney was able to rally the team to beat Kentucky, I thought they should have offered him the head coach job. Bray might have stayed another season and we would never had to endure all the Butch Jones crap for 5 long and agonizing seasons.

It's almost like that fatal string of ADs was planted by anti-Tennessee factions to carry out guerrilla warfare against Tennessee. What are the odds of incompetently or innocently finding three totally inept and program destructive ADs in a row? I hope the message is now loud and clear that you never ever hire an AD who wasn't a reasonably good football HC. Screw the business oriented sports administrators and the asses they rode in on.

VN Store

Back