Vols hire Chaney per Multiple Sources

how do we restructure the staff to get Pittman now! dont believe Pruitt gets rid of Friend...do we get rid of Weinke and have Neidemeyer coach RB/TE and have Pittman coach Tackles and Friend coach interior o line or vice versa (like rumph with olbs and sherrer Ilbs)? Not sure how that would work but think that would be only way because Pruitt wont get rid of Friend
We don’t do nothing. Quit . Stop! Pruit will worry about who else if anyone he needs.

I don't disagree with any of this.... just hoping that Cheney is a "stop-gap" hire on the path to getting a truly elite OC to come here in the future under CJP.
Things will change now my friend. It takes a while, but on the upswing, I believe in the near future coaches will want to flock here.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
A solid hire. A home run? Who knows. But a likely upgrade over Helton.

Honest question: how is Cheney as a recruiter?

Finally, since I had a LOT of fun hypothesizing over Friends and Family taking over, here is my penance to the board (UGA colors intentional):

View attachment 188060

Maybe your penance should be writing your new OC's name 10,000 times until you learn to spell it!!! LOL

Reactions: VolNExile
Surprised at the conservative hire after all the innovative minds Pruitt spoke with. Does he think he can do better here with less talent? 36 ppg unlikely to win us any titles.

Kirby Smart is a more likable person on the surface than Jeremy Pruitt based solely on what we get from TV exposure and media interaction. I bet Jeremy Pruitt can be a real horse’s a$$ behind closed doors. He definitely isn’t the friendliest coach during press interviews.

I am not sure how it translates to working for him though.
Dabo in his interviews looks and sounds like a sunday school teacher,yet on the sidelines last night he was screaming at somebody to do their job... thats all any good coach you see asks of his players and coaches,do their job... if they arent,expect to be "motivated" to do it better. they are grown men who have been in this sport a long time,its not personal, and if its a big win,you'll see the same people who have been screaming at each other, giving each other hugs after the game... just part of it... if someone is that sensitive,they are in the wrong profession... but look at the players Pruitt has coached,they absolutely love him,that speaks volumes to me

??? Who cares???, does it make much of a difference one way or another? It’s over, however long it took to get here. Just a guess at this point, don’t think this just suddenly happened. Interviewing and hiring doesn’t work like that.

I like the hire but I dont to get too optimistic, contract nt signed yet. I hope it's all cv completed by tomorrow.

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
Excellent hire!!! He has a great track record! Best hire Tennessee could have made imo!

Where's this great track record? Never coached up an offense over 40 ppg. Lifetime 29 ppg average lol. UGA fans laughing at us. Theyve already seen he cant get it done

This is a great hire. I don't understand any negatives. I don't believe in ceilings. When you love what you do you continue to learn and adapt. A happy Chaney will do a good job for us. Look for some of Osvets down field RPOs.

I am not ready to kick Friend to the curb,he recruits so well. Our line could use two good coaches,bring in Pittman. But I understand Bama has an online coach opening. If I were Pittman I would be headed there.

I would bring in Tee if at all possible for recruiting. Co oc perhaps. We don't need Winky if we get Tee. I can't imagine Tee coming for less than an oc position. We probable spent all the money on Chaney.

VN Store

Back