The shut down thread

Okay, so now we know why Trump was randomly tweeting an old threat to cut off funding for California's wildfire recovery efforts yesterday.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Billions of dollars are sent to the State of California for Forest fires that, with proper Forest Management, would never happen. Unless they get their act together, which is unlikely. I have ordered FEMA to send no more money. It is a disgraceful situation in lives & money!

10:25 AM - Jan 9, 2019

He wants to reallocate money set aside in the military construction budget for disaster relief recovery efforts to fund his wall. To declare a national emergency for a wall which won't be constructed for at least another year, for the purpose of taking money appropriated for disaster relief recovery, would be self serving, hypocritical and an outrageous abuse of power and his tweet from yesterday, a very transparent attempt at propaganda. Obviously, such an effort would bring about a lawsuit and be very risky politically, to say the least. He has to win Florida in 2020. This would be used against him.
Well he is saying if we're sending billions to Cali for forest fire prevention but they don't use the money for that then why send it at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: ajvol01
Well he is saying if were sending billions to Cali for forest fire prevention but they don't use the money for that then why sens it at all.
Taking money from Cali, is of no political risk for him. He takes money away from Florida that was set aside for hurricane relief recovery? He won't be reelected in 2020.

Taking money from Cali, is of no political risk for him. He takes money away from Florida that was set aside for hurricane relief recovery? He won't be reelected in 2020.
But apparently California really isn’t doing what they should be doing in regards to thinning overgrowth in forrests to reduce the fires. They have all these crazy regulations in place that prevent them from doing common sense things.

"Your party" hired Donald Trump, reality TV star, scumbag businessman, political neophyte and undisputed king of trash mountain.

Your turn.
And he beat the most qualified candidate ever to run. What’s your title when the king of trash mountain defeats you? Trash emperor?

You poor guy, what are you going to do when he’s re-elected ? 😂
Luckily, we'll never find out. But in that infinitesimal chance that multiple catastrophes happen simultaneously and Trump actually runs for and wins re-election, I would once again be forced to adjust my views and perceptions of my fellow Americans.

Luckily, we'll never find out. But in that infinitesimal chance that multiple catastrophes happen simultaneously and Trump actually runs for and wins re-election, I would once again be forced to adjust my views and perceptions of my fellow Americans.
I am wondering how that will change your sense of morality? If the US takes a hard swing right, will you admit your leftist morality is wrong and needs to change?

I am wondering how that will change your sense of morality? If the US takes a hard swing right, will you admit your leftist morality is wrong and needs to change?
No more so (and probably even less so) than you would admit your morality is wrong if the country was to take a hard swing left.

VN Store

Back