'19 AL DT LeDarrius Cox (Ole Miss signee)

Would be awesome if we can get him eligible. Perfect measurables and ability. His recruitment would be a whole lot more interesting if his grades were better.
I agree this kid has some raw ability get him some S&C and coaching and you might have your self a good NT 6'4" 305 already could end up 6'5" 315 ish. One thing I can say is all of our recruits may not be 4 stars but they all have decent athletic ability

We really need big guys. I love Shy, but I’m glad we’re changing our recruiting

Shy is plenty big enough to play. Injuries, coaching changes and poor development were his problems. He could have really used red shirt after coming back from injury but we needed him so it didn't happen.

He was a quick disruptive force early in his career. There was a play his Freshman year, believe it was the Florida game, but he came down the line of scrimmage and just absolutely beat the Florida RB to the boundary and you could see he had the potential to be good.

Shy is plenty big enough to play. Injuries, coaching changes and poor development were his problems. He could have really used red shirt after coming back from injury but we needed him so it didn't happen.

He was a quick disruptive force early in his career. There was a play his Freshman year, believe it was the Florida game, but he came down the line of scrimmage and just absolutely beat the Florida RB to the boundary and you could see he had the potential to be good.
I know

We tried to recruit over this guy for over a year. I know he’s a big body but just take a player you like better IMO.

If they didn’t think he could play up to their level then don’t use the spot. JMO
Talent isn’t the problem. Getting qualified is. Talent is the only thing that keeps the staff from cutting ties. He’s a big need, but they can’t risk losing his spot.

So yeah, they are looking to replace him. But only if they really have to.

Talent isn’t the problem. Getting qualified is. Talent is the only thing that keeps the staff from cutting ties. He’s a big need, but they can’t risk losing his spot.

So yeah, they are looking to replace him. But only if they really have to.
That’s not the story from Hubbs/VQ/etc. But if he signs here I hope for the best.

That he is visiting this weekend. Will take other visits but claims nothing can change his mind. He is going to TN.

Such a strange recruitment. No clue if we want him or he want us or anything lol
Hope he signs with us just to thwart all the naysayers. We need big bodies on DL with talent.

Reactions: LittleVol
That he is visiting this weekend. Will take other visits but claims nothing can change his mind. He is going to TN.

Such a strange recruitment. No clue if we want him or he want us or anything lol

Yeah this has been a weird recruit in the sense just not much said about him good or bad just that we don't know if he can qualify.

I still think just because its quiet doesn't mean anything negative. He's never said anything other than he's still committed and the coaches are obviously still recruiting him if he's visiting. Nobody that would actually know has claimed he's a qualification risk. That has all just been assumed because there's nothing else being reported. Lack of news doesn't necessarily indicate bad news.

CALLAHAN HAS WRITTEN SOMETHING!

WHAT DOES IT SAY?

I LOVE YELLING! ALL CAPS!
The three-star senior defensive tackle from McGill-Toolen Catholic High School in Mobile, Ala., said he’s scheduled to return to Tennessee this weekend on an official visit, and while he plans to visit at least a couple more schools, he’s “still pretty solid” in his commitment to the Vols.

He also downplayed his upcoming visits to Auburn and Ole Miss, saying “nothing could change my mind” about his commitment to Tennessee.

The three-star senior defensive tackle from McGill-Toolen Catholic High School in Mobile, Ala., said he’s scheduled to return to Tennessee this weekend on an official visit, and while he plans to visit at least a couple more schools, he’s “still pretty solid” in his commitment to the Vols.

He also downplayed his upcoming visits to Auburn and Ole Miss, saying “nothing could change my mind” about his commitment to Tennessee.

that Auburn bagman.

Reactions: Coach Punk
Auburn wants to add one more to D-line in addition to three signed. Cox is on the board but not much chatter about him.

Below from Auburn Rivals -

As far as rounding out the 2019 D-line class, I think Auburn could use another Handy-type player that has the athleticism to play defensive end with the frame to eventually develop into a tackle like Charles Moore, or perhaps just a big-bodied defensive tackle like Le’Darrius Cox.

Well, okay then.

Can't say I'd hate the signing. We definitely need space eaters on the DL. For someone so hell bent on coming here, he sure has seemed awfully disengaged throughout the entire process. I'm going to be interested to see what transpires this weekend.

I remember the fumbled snap in the Battle at Bristol and he beat everyone to the ball.

VN Store

Back