KY Forum's take on UT/GA blowout, Crean and Barnes

Some Ky fans forget that Tennessee won both regular season games last year against Kentucky
I’ve learned one thing reading their boards.... in the history of college basketball the only reason they have ever lost a game is because the mighty Kentucky wildcats are everybody’s super bowl!!! In all seriousness the level of elitism by their fan base is truly disgusting. It’s also funny during football season they act like tradition doesn’t mean anything, that it’s about what you’ve done lately... but my lord when it comes to basketball all they talk about is their tradition, and basically no one is even worthy of stepping on the hardwood with them because they don’t have the history to. Their fans are straight up god awful.

Reactions: albedo33 and DC_Vol
So I looked it up. Apparently in the recent FBI investigation report UofL wasn't specifically mentioned by name but rather referred to as University 6 throughout. But it’s supposedly obvious that University 6 is UofL.

Thanks. But then why did they say we beat them by 5? Are UK fans that bad at math?

Thanks. But then why did they say we beat them by 5? Are UK fans that bad at math?

Well I started to say that they must’ve run out of fingers on their way to 11 but this is UK fans were talking about so many of them probably didn’t.

U6? Lol. Okay.

Are they calling for Cals head yet or is that pos still Jesus in Lexington?

I don’t spend one moment caring what Kentucky fans think of Tennessee ball.

Even when the Vols aren’t that great, I’ve always been grateful that we’ve had the opportunity to watch players develop and teams gel together.

I would lose a lot of interest in UT b-ball if the team were loaded with guys who barely make class and were only punching a one year ticket to the NBA.

Even when the Vols aren’t that great, I’ve always been grateful that we’ve had the opportunity to watch players develop and teams gel together.

I would lose a lot of interest in UT b-ball if the team were loaded with guys who barely make class and were only punching a one year ticket to the NBA.
I really don’t like that “one and done” crap. Just let them go right from high school to the league. Give kids an option- straight to the pros or three years college minimum.

Reactions: Smokefatty

I can tell you with great certainty that UK fans miss that aspect. They were so used to investing in the careers and lives of their players for 3 or 4 years. Then the late Tubby era and Gillespie era jaded them. Cal's recruiting and immediate winning ways excited them initially, but most hate the idea that they practically have to learn an entirely new roster each and every season.

I really don’t like that “one and done” crap. Just let them go right from high school to the league. Give kids an option- straight to the pros or three years college minimum.

I know lots of people disagree with me, but I don't mind the one and done deal. It has helped college basketball and the NBA. In the early and mid 2000s, the NBA was awful. Fundamentals were at an all-time low, assist to turnover ratio was an all-time low, every team played iso-ball, and it wasn't unusual to see finals scores like 73-67. So many players were getting drafted out of high school who were complete busts or took 3-5 years to develop before they were decent. Both college and the NBA were suffering from players going pro when they were 18. The one and done rule brought true stars back to college basketball. It also helped several players see that they weren't yet ready for the NBA, so they took another year or two in college to advance their skills. The NBA talent pool has never been deeper, and getting to see stars in the NCAA has improved the college game as well.

I like the NBA, but the 19 year old rule is so effing stupid. With the G league, they need to trash that rule.

I know lots of people disagree with me, but I don't mind the one and done deal. It has helped college basketball and the NBA. In the early and mid 2000s, the NBA was awful. Fundamentals were at an all-time low, assist to turnover ratio was an all-time low, every team played iso-ball, and it wasn't unusual to see finals scores like 73-67. So many players were getting drafted out of high school who were complete busts or took 3-5 years to develop before they were decent. Both college and the NBA were suffering from players going pro when they were 18. The one and done rule brought true stars back to college basketball. It also helped several players see that they weren't yet ready for the NBA, so they took another year or two in college to advance their skills. The NBA talent pool has never been deeper, and getting to see stars in the NCAA has improved the college game as well.
I don't know why the kids have to be the victims of the NBA's shortsightedness. How about some due diligence? Pass over the risky kids, pay the ones that can compete from day one.

So I looked it up. Apparently in the recent FBI investigation report UofL wasn't specifically mentioned by name but rather referred to as University 6 throughout. But it’s supposedly obvious that University 6 is UofL.
It's odd that KY fans (given Kentucky's track record with cheating, paying players and NCAA sanctions), talk smack about Louisville by referring to FBI documents which also reference two Kentucky players and highlight that one of their most successful former coaches, Pitino, is a cheater. Bizarre!

Reactions: cardvolfan
With you. The NBA instituted the rule to vet the prospects that weren’t Lebron James. They were having to fork out guaranteed dough to more Robert Swift’s than Amare Stoudemires. That one year involves an injury risk for the player but that’s life. The quality’s better as a result imo.

VN Store

Back