Could it be Chaney?

There was a CBSsports report stating that, but in their own report they also say nothing has been officially announced. Bottom line, it's not official......yet. The media/social media is out of control.

If not official bama may go after Chaney and pittman

Well, having an OC is better than not having an OC, isn't it?

images

It is interesting that so many people are giving Chaney a free pass for a poor offensive performance with almost all 4- and 5-star talent in the Sugar Bowl, while many here blamed Helton for not putting up 40 points per game after inheriting arguably the worst offensive line in UT history.

I think Chaney would be a good hire, mind you ... just find it interesting how home-fans evaluate their own OCs much differently than other teams' OCs. I suspect a similar thing going on with Georgia fans right now.

"The grass is always greener."
During the Sugar Bowl, the announcers said the coaches had to threaten some of the starters with being left home because they weren't acting like they cared about the game. Georgia fans ought to blame their players for that performance instead of their coaches. I remember when Saban's Alabama team got their butts handed to them by Utah because they didn't want to be there. It happens to the best of coaches some times. Personally, I would love to have Chaney back.

Best thing about Cheney is he isn't married to a system. When he had Tyler Bray and a bunch of good receivers he aired it out. Then when he had a massive OL at Arkansas he smashed it between the tackles. I think he'd do a good job of figuring out how the best way to maximize what we've got while Pruitt rebuilds the talent.
Plus, to me, he has the cool factor. He was the only of the kiffin staff that I liked personally.

During the Sugar Bowl, the announcers said the coaches had to threaten some of the starters with being left home because they weren't acting like they cared about the game. Georgia fans ought to blame their players for that performance instead of their coaches. I remember when Saban's Alabama team got their butts handed to them by Utah because they didn't want to be there. It happens to the best of coaches some times. Personally, I would love to have Chaney back.
I always thought Fulmer was the world's worst minor bowl game coach.

I watched that game and it didn’t look like the Georgia players were into it. The Texas players were. UGA still butthurt from losing to Bama

On another note, I think Herman is going to have Texas a legit contender in two years

Reactions: Tarkus
I watched that game and it didn’t look like the Georgia players were into it. The Texas players were. UGA still butthurt from losing to Bama

On another note, I think Herman is going to have Texas a legit contender in two years
Next year. The Texas qb is the kind of guy I would have loved to had on my team.Hes a winner and a tough sob that makes those around him play harder.

JMO, if Chaney were coming, he would have already been named. Don't think this one will happen.

**Edit** Wouldn't mind being wrong.....

Well if his contract is up soon and per the UGA rumor tweet from a few posts back that Chaney and Pittman are a package deal, then wouldn’t it make more sense financially for us to wait for Chaney’s contract to expire and then bring him and Pittman in and only pay one buyout which might be a lot lower than paying two buyouts?

Just a thought, not saying this is what’s happening

Well if his contract is up soon and per the UGA rumor tweet from a few posts back that Chaney and Pittman are a package deal, then wouldn’t it make more sense financially for us to wait for Chaney’s contract to expire and then bring him and Pittman in and only pay one buyout which might be a lot lower than paying two buyouts?

Just a thought, not saying this is what’s happening
I think his contract was up as of 12/31/2018....I may be wrong.

Reactions: tennesseeduke

VN Store

Back