Could it be Chaney?

Dawgs are very upset at Chaney, Fields leaving, and other players declaring early. Would be a nice get for us to take advantage of their chaos. Not sure if he fits the fast paced style Pruitt is considering but Chaney knows how to call plays.

I must have missed something, when did Coach Pruitt say he was considering a fast paced offense?

Reactions: 65YearsAVol
The latest of this rumor is coming from a reporter at the AJC (Atlanta paper). He is saying that Chaney still owns some property up in Tennessee and he wasn't happy that he had to share oc duties with Coley this past season.

There is also a rumor in Athens that Pittman might be going to Alabama to work with Enos. But all just rumors from what I can gather at this point.

Edit:
Reporter is with dawg nation, just an AJC contributor.

Getting Chaney is 2 fold. Get a proven SEC play caller. Steal him away from GA. That said, I think it's all just smoke... it'll be Lebby or Clemson QB coach...someone looking for promotion...we have too many challenges to be attractive to Chaney, someone making a lateral.

Big red flag is that Chaney was a contributor to those putrid Dooley recruiting classes. I don't think UGA relies on Chaney as a recruiter and let's him slide because Pittman overachieves on that front. We have to have the horses no matter who the OC is. Chaney without Pittman seems like half a coach and I would not even think about hiring Chaney if Pittman doesn't come with him.

He's definitely a better OC than recruiter; though he has landed a few big recruits (including Fields and Cade Mays at UGA).

Then again, Dooley made everyone look worse as a recruiter. Pittman was a terrible recruiter at Tennessee. He looks like a great one at UGA. I don't claim to know the full story, but Dooley sabotaging recruiting relationships may have made life more difficult for everyone on his staff.

Reactions: Volfanjohnny2005
Getting Chaney is 2 fold. Get a proven SEC play caller. Steal him away from GA. That said, I think it's all just smoke... it'll be Lebby or Clemson QB coach...someone looking for promotion...we have too many challenges to be attractive to Chaney, someone making a lateral.

Well if it’s true that he still has his lake house here it might be as simple as wanting to come back to the area. I’m not sure how old Chaney is but maybe he and his wife want to stay in one place finally and to them Knoxville might be that place.

Do not believe.

OP is based on GA fans knowing how to use Twitter.

Can't see him going from a title contender to here unless he is being forced out.

JMO, if Chaney were coming, he would have already been named. Don't think this one will happen.

**Edit** Wouldn't mind being wrong.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Shiley808
Dawgs are very upset at Chaney, Fields leaving, and other players declaring early. Would be a nice get for us to take advantage of their chaos. Not sure if he fits the fast paced style Pruitt is considering but Chaney knows how to call plays.
I don't blame Fields for leaving and it is not because of Chaney or playing time. I am just upset that he chose OSU as his next school.

Reactions: Jack Burton
A proven SEC play caller he would be yes, a huge upgrade, but we won't be stealing him. They still haven't extended his contract and lots of Georgia fans want him gone, they are psycho about offense, it's weird most fanbases are more balanced in the things they complain about. If Georgia loses 45-42, they blame the OC. Pittman would be a total steal though.

Reactions: BIGORANGEBUBBA
Where do you get the information Pruit is looking for fast paced style of offense?? Not disputing you statement, but I have not heard he is considering a fast pace style. I thought he wanted clock control, run football. I know he has interviewed some oc that were fast paced, but not seen where he made any offers to them with exception of possible yurich. And I say possibe cause in my opinon I don't think we made an offer to him. I know one source says we did, but no confirmation on it. I hope you are right on the fast paced style from Pruitt.
I must have missed something, when did Coach Pruitt say he was considering a fast paced offense?

Just based on who Pruitt has spoken with so far. The involvement of Yurcich, Briles, and Lebby seem to indicate we’re moving away from the standard ground and pound and into something more dynamic. Not always a hurry up but something that can operate faster and more spread than under Helton.

Reactions: Devo182
Tyler Bray has four of the top seven games in Tennessee history for passing yards. Cheney threw way downfield repeatedly in a way I haven't seen since because that's what he had the personnel for.

If you want to bring in an Air Raid guy who will throw it 75 percent of the time that's cool but be prepared for the offense to be absolute ass for a couple years while we recruit the players for it and install the system.
He doesn't run an air raid. It's a pro style system.

VN Store

Back