Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if it isn't going to make him any more likely to die than he already is then it becomes his decision, why do you think he got to come back last year?

I can't recall any athlete with this illness coming back to play. Much less come back to play a contact sport. Chris Bosh comes to mind. Didn't CJ Fuller recently die from this? I doubt Trey ever plays sports again.

I can't recall any athlete with this illness coming back to play. Much less come back to play a contact sport. Chris Bosh comes to mind. Didn't CJ Fuller recently die from this? I doubt Trey ever plays sports again.

The issue when he first had it was they didn’t know what had caused it. They just remedied it. This time they caught it fast enough to realize what the possible cause was.

So if they were able to do some type of operation to remedy the situation that could be what we are waiting on to hear about for Trey.

The issue when he first had it was they didn’t know what had caused it. They just remedied it. This time they caught it fast enough to realize what the possible cause was.

So if they were able to do some type of operation to remedy the situation that could be what we are waiting on to hear about for Trey.
Sure hope that's the case. Our line goes from horrendous to VERY formidable with Smith, Morris, and Wright. Akpo is gonna be good also.

Reactions: NashVolDavis

if you are talking about Trey Smith and his blood clots I don't think there is a surgery for this. Its a recurring thing. if you could operate on one, and I don't know if you can, another could just as easily form somewhere else.

when my grandmother was going thru clot issues the only thing to do was treat it with blood thinners. might have been she was too old, but this isn't something that goes away.

But if it isn't going to make him any more likely to die than he already is then it becomes his decision, why do you think he got to come back last year?
As a coach, you have to take all of the opinions into account. It is part of their job to protect them from themselves.

if you are talking about Trey Smith and his blood clots I don't think there is a surgery for this. Its a recurring thing. if you could operate on one, and I don't know if you can, another could just as easily form somewhere else.

when my grandmother was going thru clot issues the only thing to do was treat it with blood thinners. might have been she was too old, but this isn't something that goes away.
If there was a viable treatment for it, I think Arnold Palmer would have been able to afford to move hell and high water to get that. I think it's one of those things that you just have to live with for life.

I’m not talking about operating on the clot. I’m talking about operating on the reason for the clot. His family has no record of blood clotting hence I believe the doctors assumed there was a cause for the clots.

Married two different women with the issue. General rule, when it recurs in a short span after all steps were taken in treatment? Lifetime issue. Always prepared to learn differently tho.

Not age related. Mine started at 40, and I have relatives that started earlier.

I agree. He should be a very good player this year.

I don’t know how I forgot about Johnson. It’s nice finally having all these options on the line plus numerous incoming lineman.
I’m not a pessimist at all, but I’m not including Smith because it seems so doubtful. However, Tanner medically retired, Devante Brooks medically retired, but Smith hasn’t yet. Just sounds like they haven’t given up/working on a way to get him healthy. Would be huge

Reactions: OrangenSC
I’m not a pessimist at all, but I’m not including Smith because it seems so doubtful. However, Tanner medically retired, Devante Brooks medically retired, but Smith hasn’t yet. Just sounds like they haven’t given up/working on a way to get him healthy. Would be huge

Agreed having Smith back would be huge especially if they find a way to remedy his situation. (For his life, don’t even care about football honestly just hope the young man doesn’t have to keep dealing with something like that his whole life)

Richmond got benched in 1 or 2 games for how bad he was playing. Not one of the worst on a bad OL isn’t something to praise him about. He killed quite a few drives with untimely false starts and he still misses assignments

You killed your argument by beating a dead horse about the false starts. That’s easily fixable and not a skill set issue

What’s “marrying age” for women iyo? First wife was 24 when she was diagnosed. My wife was 41.
I guess I think of it affecting the elderly and/or any age with mobility issues. I just think of it less as a systematic issue internally than a response/symptom to lifestyle changes due to physical conditions. I know it can happen either way, but one sticks out in my mind more than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back