Some Bluebloods have returned...

CA_Vol

ND, Michigan, and Texas are all back to Top 10 programs. Obviously we aren’t even close, but it shows that with quality coaching and recruiting, traditional powerhouse programs can be restored. I hate that we are taking so long, but hopefully Pruitt can one day get us back into the national conversation (in a positive way).

The recruiting class is a start. Now he has to get this OC hire right. Next, he has to win some games that we aren’t supposed to win and win the games we are supposed to. That is the hallmark of a quality coaching staff and program.

Next year is important. We won’t contend for the East, but we should be at least competitive in every game and go to a bowl. Then maybe we can start expecting to be back amongst the bluebloods.

TX is number 8 in rivals 2019 ranking. They looked really good tonight and may be good for some time. Herman coached well at Houston and is doing a great job at TX. I hate to have to listen to Longhorn fans when they are doing well.

Feel like we’re currently in the same place Texas was a couple years ago. Herman made an interesting comment post game about how they’re a player lead locker room now instead of a coach lead locker room and how guys have bought in.
That’s what CJP is having to fight through right now, we’ll get there it’s just gonna take a little longer than Texas dude to strength of conference.
I posted this in the RF thought it would fit here also.

After the a$$ kicking Michigan took against Florida, don't bet on them staying in the top ten.

Mich had 4 players sit out for the Draft and didn’t gaf. FL wanted had it more and had more to prove. I wouldn’t read too much into it.

However there is speculation a few NFL teams are going to take a run at Harbaugh.

ND, Michigan, and Texas are all back to Top 10 programs. Obviously we aren’t even close, but it shows that with quality coaching and recruiting, traditional powerhouse programs can be restored. I hate that we are taking so long, but hopefully Pruitt can one day get us back into the national conversation (in a positive way).

The recruiting class is a start. Now he has to get this OC hire right. Next, he has to win some games that we aren’t supposed to win and win the games we are supposed to. That is the hallmark of a quality coaching staff and program.

Next year is important. We won’t contend for the East, but we should be at least competitive in every game and go to a bowl. Then maybe we can start expecting to be back amongst the bluebloods.

If he sticks to what he’s said about how he wants the offense to operate and if he goes for a traditional nfl style power run OC then I wouldn’t plan on us getting any better than Michigan has been the past few years.
Even Saban has realized that the game has changed and you need to spread it out and be able to throw the ball all over to win these days. The traditional power I offense has been done to death and DCs have gotten it figured out so well that even Saban with superior talent couldn’t depend on it to win titles anymore.
Ball control is great but when the other team can score in the blink of an eye, your Oline will wear down just like their Dline will, and with our lack of depth there that’s a recipe for losing seasons. We play against a bunch of stacked Ds that I’ve the depth to switch out with a lot less dropoff than we have from our starting to our backup Olinemen.

Washington State with the too goofy and weird to grace the halls of UT Mike Leach....coached up a top 10 team with the last 4 classes being: 55th....52nd.....51st.....and 46th. UCF beat Auburn and went undefeated last year...and would have gone undefeated and beat LSU this year if they hadn't lost their QB...and did it with a bunch of 3 stars. There's NO REASON UT should be this bad....EVER. The coaching has been horrible....in disarray....and after the way season ended by getting eviscerated by two less talented teams I'm not sure the coaching is any better. I hope Pruitt gets it done but the way the season ended is inexcusable. I'm sick of hearing about how we have to have a top 5 class to compete. Yes the SEC is tougher than the PAC 12. Fine...but we all know Wash St would vaporize the 2018 Vols...again...WITH FAR LESS TALENT. These are just a couple examples of programs with so called "weak" recruiting classes getting it done...not dependent on a top 5 class. I prefer a top 5 class every year....but i'm sick of hearing how now having one as the reason we can't make a damn bowl game and we're losing every dang year to friggin Vandy.

Washington State with the too goofy and weird to grace the halls of UT Mike Leach....coached up a top 10 team with the last 4 classes being: 55th....52nd.....51st.....and 46th. UCF beat Auburn and went undefeated last year...and would have gone undefeated and beat LSU this year if they hadn't lost their QB...and did it with a bunch of 3 stars. There's NO REASON UT should be this bad....EVER. The coaching has been horrible....in disarray....and after the way season ended by getting eviscerated by two less talented teams I'm not sure the coaching is any better. I hope Pruitt gets it done but the way the season ended is inexcusable. I'm sick of hearing about how we have to have a top 5 class to compete. Yes the SEC is tougher than the PAC 12. Fine...but we all know Wash St would vaporize the 2018 Vols...again...WITH FAR LESS TALENT. These are just a couple examples of programs with so called "weak" recruiting classes getting it done...not dependent on a top 5 class. I prefer a top 5 class every year....but i'm sick of hearing how now having one as the reason we can't make a damn bowl game and we're losing every dang year to friggin Vandy.
Kinda skipping this part where it was year 4 at Washington State before they looked decent aren't ya?
Seems odd how you used his success after getting players that fit his system vs Pruitt's first year. 🤔

Years 1-3 at WSU for Leach
3-9
6-7
3-9

Mich had 4 players sit out for the Draft and didn’t gaf. FL wanted had it more and had more to prove. I wouldn’t read too much into it.

However there is speculation a few NFL teams are going to take a run at Harbaugh.
With all that being said.....Florida beat the breaks off their a$$. On national television. To act like Michigan decided they were cool with that outcome is beyond laughable.

Lol. STFU and grow a pair buddy. That type of defeatist attitude is what manifest into reality the very thing you are crying about. Be a fountain not a drain Mr. Energy vampire...
Lulz, tell him Henry. Hey, did you know all Pruitt gotta do is recruit some good players, hire an OC and win some games to get back to being good again? I think he can, don't you?

Amen brother... it blows my mind that so many make excuse after excuse for this program being where it is. It’s strange.

Reactions: vettefool
Amen brother... it blows my mind that so many make excuse after excuse for this program being where it is. It’s strange.

What is the biggest/most used/dumbest etc. excuse you see being used?

Lulz, tell him Henry. Hey, did you know all Pruitt gotta do is recruit some good players, hire an OC and win some games to get back to being good again? I think he can, don't you?
Hell yes I do. Why else would I be here? If I thought he couldn't I sure wouldn't wast my valuable spare time harassing everyone trying to enjoy following our beloved football team, just so I could be the first to say I told you so. That would be unhealthy and sad. Biggest difference between a troll and a true Vol fan imo....right @volfannbama

With all that being said.....Florida beat the breaks off their a$$. On national television. To act like Michigan decided they were cool with that outcome is beyond laughable.

That’s exactly what happens in these exhibition games....that’s why bowl games are meaningless.

As a Vol fan for life it’s hard to keep hearing excuses. At 43 I can remember the vol teams of great. I can only tell stories to my children about how good we used to be. We will make it back but I’m tired also. VFL

That’s exactly what happens in these exhibition games....that’s why bowl games are meaningless.
Lol. Beat the breaks off their a$$. National Television. Whole fan base demoralized, girlfriends breaking up with them for getting curb stomped in front of friends and family that traveled great distances to witness absolute ineptitude. Hard to believe something like that don't matter. But if you say so...

As a Vol fan for life it’s hard to keep hearing excuses. At 43 I can remember the vol teams of great. I can only tell stories to my children about how good we used to be. We will make it back but I’m tired also. VFL
We got a real football coach now. We got a whole staff of alpha coaches now. Enjoy the ride man.

Lol. Beat the breaks off their a$$. National Television. Whole fan base demoralized, girlfriends breaking up with them for getting curb stomped in front of friends and family that traveled great distances to witness absolute ineptitude. Hard to believe something like that don't matter. But if you say so...
Not a fan of Michigan I take it.

Notre Dame was never "down". Brian Kelly is the same coach he's always been this whole time, which is a very good coach.

Notre Dame's problem is they can't consistently win in recruiting. They will be back in the playoffs in 4 years, and get bounced accordingly.

No it definitely matters to the fans and coaches..... the players.....not so much..... it is why they are willing to sit out the games and why a team like Alabama can lose to Utah..... one team shows up ready to play and the other team is pissed that they are there.

Reactions: BenGrimm

We will get there. Everyone knows UT is a sleeping giant. And I don’t mean that burnt orange school either. Go Vols🍊

Tennessee is hardly unique in experiencing a sustained drought. Alabama was down from about 97-07. Even had a 3-9 season in 2000. Oklahoma was awful for a decade before Stoops arrived. USC wasn't good before Carroll arrived and they're only average right now. As you mentioned, ND, Michigan, and Texas are all coming out of down turns. Penn State hit hard times between Paterno and Franklin. Nebraska has been pretty bad recently.

The hard thing for Tennessee is that it plays in the SEC. So righting the ship is tougher since there is more competition to keep its foot on your throat. Ohio State really has it the easiest, given that the Big 10 is never a great conference top to bottom and they have every resource imaginable. That's why they're the only traditional powerhouse that hasn't really seen an extended down cycle in the last 30 years.

VN Store

Back