Some Bluebloods have returned...

Right, but Lock once he & Dooley started to figure it out was a bad time. KY just caught them after their hardest stretch and took advantage of a worn down team.

All 4 teams that beat Missouri we're able to pressure AND cover, so Lock's completion percentage was garbage. He was 70% here. I agree losing by 33 was a bad look, but I can't exactly call it a negative. The team that played USC was dominating and suddenly it all fell apart.

21-9 and then to lose 27-24 was a bigger negative than Missouri clobbering us. They kind of did that to everyone except a few teams. Only Alabama & Kentucky held them under 28 points.

Both were bad losses to be sure. No questioning that.

Just think the SC loss could be chalked up to a young team not being able to close a game out.

The Missouri game, even when it was still in doubt, never felt competitive. Not one of these guys who discounts Missouri because they are newer to the SEC either.

Both were bad losses to be sure. No questioning that.

Just think the SC loss could be chalked up to a young team not being able to close a game out.

The Missouri game, even when it was still in doubt, never felt competitive. Not one of these guys who discounts Missouri because they are newer to the SEC either.
Fair point.

You can't really compare the UT program to theirs. They spent the money and got a proven commodity on the sidelines to solve the issue. We spent a lot of money for inexperience hoping to get lucky. IMO we basically went all in on Butch, UT reputation and recruiting prowess was still there on that hire, and the admins knew one more failure would end that. Now we are in a deep hole and it will be hard for an any inexperienced coach pull us out. Those teams are back competing for championships and we are just hoping to get back to a bowl, any bowl.
Sadly, I think this is accurate. What I hope will happen is that Pruitt can actually accomplish a rebuild to make is relevant again. Or at least set us up for the next hire for a coach that isn’t looking at a total rebuild. That is how you get a top tier coach to come.

Sadly, I think this is accurate. What I hope will happen is that Pruitt can actually accomplish a rebuild to make is relevant again. Or at least set us up for the next hire for a coach that isn’t looking at a total rebuild. That is how you get a top tier coach to come.

I didn't think Tennessee UTAD hired Top tier coaches. I don't know who, but somebody has no clue what they're talking about.

I didn't think Tennessee UTAD hired Top tier coaches. I don't know who, but somebody has no clue what they're talking about.
Or maybe, “someone” thinks UT can and will learn it’s lesson?

ND, Michigan, and Texas are all back to Top 10 programs. Obviously we aren’t even close, but it shows that with quality coaching and recruiting, traditional powerhouse programs can be restored. I hate that we are taking so long, but hopefully Pruitt can one day get us back into the national conversation (in a positive way).

The recruiting class is a start. Now he has to get this OC hire right. Next, he has to win some games that we aren’t supposed to win and win the games we are supposed to. That is the hallmark of a quality coaching staff and program.

Next year is important. We won’t contend for the East, but we should be at least competitive in every game and go to a bowl. Then maybe we can start expecting to be back amongst the bluebloods.

The context of "top 10 program" has changed so much over the last decade. ND gets blown out every time they play any game of significance. Michigan still can't beat OSU and haven't played for a Big10 title since Harbaugh's been there. Texas could be good, but we'll see how they deal with the pressure of being a title contender next season. And I don't know if you could say that every team that consistently finds itself in the "top 10" are legitimate national title contenders. Only Bama, Clemson and probably OSU have looked like national title contenders year in and year out despite losing tons of talent to the NFL every year.

With all that being said.....Florida beat the breaks off their a$$. On national television. To act like Michigan decided they were cool with that outcome is beyond laughable.
I'm sure they weren't cool with it, but UGA and Michigan lost their playoff bid and both lost their consolation game. They really didn't want to be there. Just like Bama when Olklahoma beat them in the Sugar Bowl a few years back. Good game to bet on as history is showing us the mental makeup of the teams that almost made the playoffs, but still made a top bowl game and couldn't just "show up" and win.

NBA & NFL

I was meaning college football but NBA players sit out bc their season is so long and NFL players do the same thing as college.... they only sit out when the games don’t mean anything any more such as having clinched as much as they can.

Doesn't matter. Herman had his kids playing hard and not giving up from the get-go. Didn't blame his players when they lost to Maryland two years in a row. Rather, they worked harder and improved as each year wore on. Meanwhile, Pruitt blamed players and those plyers gave up against Vandy when they had an opportunity to improve the program. They didn't get better as the year wore on. Got news for Pruitt - ANY coach would win most of their games if they had Alabama talent; he doesn't, so he needs to shut up about talent and make what he does have play hard and get better.

This is hard to argue with.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back