'17 GA DT Aubrey Solomon (NCAA IS A FAIR ORGANIZATION)

The back story to Pete Jenkins as it relates to recruiting Tennessee players; is that after Bill Norton committed to UGA, his high school coach Thomas McDaniel said that the main thing that sealed the deal for UGA was that UGA DL coach Tray Scott taught the principles of Pete Jenkins. According to McDaniel, The DL coach at Christian Brothers is a Pete Jenkins guy. Put me down as a fan of McDaniel for hiring a DL coach that teaches the principles of Jenkins, as well as a fan of Norton's high school DL coach.

Aren't you planning on moving Norton to OT?

Aren't you planning on moving Norton to OT?
He's being recruited to play on the D-Line, but you never know how they will develop once they get on campus. My understanding is that Tray Scott likes him a lot. Norton is already familiar with what Scott teaches so that may give him an edge early on when practices begin.

The back story to Pete Jenkins as it relates to recruiting Tennessee players; is that after Bill Norton committed to UGA, his high school coach Thomas McDaniel said that the main thing that sealed the deal for UGA was that UGA DL coach Tray Scott taught the principles of Pete Jenkins. According to McDaniel, The DL coach at Christian Brothers is a Pete Jenkins guy. Put me down as a fan of McDaniel for hiring a DL coach that teaches the principles of Jenkins, as well as a fan of Norton's high school DL coach.
Pete Jenkins is a disciple of the Mr. Miyagi coaching tree specializing in the wax on wax off principles. Kirby loves him some Karate Kid.

I’m not one hundred percent sure but I believe if a school grants a full release then the kid can play immediately.

Everyone that gets “released” still has to sit out unless they got D1-AA, D2, or JUCO. Or gets an approved waiver from the NCAA. One exception would be if a family member was extremely sick and they moved to a school nearby. Or like when Hugh Freeze got canned for the violations.

I hate to say it, but AV was almost 100% wrong on everything he predicted.

Norton
Ellis
Anderson
Eboigbe
Pappoe

Now he's "100%" sure on Crouch, so......
Eh.. he was wrong in that they didn't come here.

But, back up a second. Nobody knew we were talking with Anderson. AV comes on here and says he's in. Then we learn on VQ last night that Pruitt spent all day last Friday with his parents and with him, and they really worked him on the phone the night before and they felt confident that they had him. He decided the morning of signing day to stick with SC. How would AV have known this was going on with Anderson? But he did.

With Eboigbe, this one hurts. He told our staff he was going to be a Vol Wednesday morning according to VQ. Then changed his mind to stick with Bama. Again, that is exactly what AV said in here, that morning, that he thought Eboigbe was a Vol. He was, but changed his mind last minute. That one hurts because he was so close to being a Vol. Again, how could he have known that?

So he knew that the staff felt confident about Anderson and Eboigbe, and they did, but the guys changed their mind last minute

I hate to say it, but AV was almost 100% wrong on everything he predicted.

Norton
Ellis
Anderson
Eboigbe
Pappoe

Now he's "100%" sure on Crouch, so......
Recency bias, a lot of misses this week but has brought solid info throughout the year that has proven correct. Somehow that always gets left out when people are trying so hard to discredit him

But, back up a second. Nobody knew we were talking with Anderson. AV comes on here and says he's in. Then we learn on VQ last night that Pruitt spent all day last Friday with his parents and with him, and they really worked him on the phone the night before and they felt confident that they had him. He decided the morning of signing day to stick with SC. How would AV have known this was going on with Anderson? But he did.

With Eboigbe, this one hurts. He told our staff he was going to be a Vol Wednesday morning according to VQ. Then changed his mind to stick with Bama. Again, that is exactly what AV said in here, that morning, that he thought Eboigbe was a Vol. He was, but changed his mind last minute. That one hurts because he was so close to being a Vol. Again, how could he have known that?

So he knew that the staff felt confident about Anderson and Eboigbe, and they did, but the guys changed their mind last minute

I don't want to get blasted but in hindsight maybe AV should have said in those instances "(recruit) has told the coaches he is in" instead of the definitive statements that they were Vols. Its the way things are said just as much as what the info is. IMHO.

Damn kid told us last night he was coming late in the evening. Its gonna happen but man everyone felt good with this kid and what we had done.

Ok in order to change the mojo...no gif! Also told last night we would get the nod here. Fingers crossed

Ok, give me an example of one that he hit on? Don't get me wrong, I understand he is in the loop, but not many "predictions" have been correct. Flame away.

Last edited:
I don't want to get blasted but in hindsight maybe AV should have said in those instances "(recruit) has told the coaches he is in" instead of the definitive statements that they were Vols. Its the way things are said just as much as what the info is. IMHO.
True. He definitely had knowledge we were in there, but maybe hedging a bit would be better in the future

Ok, give me an example of one that he hit on? Don't get me wrong, I understand he is in the loop, but not many "predictions" have been imcorrect. Flame away.
I just gave you 2. VQ basically confirmed what you said. Nobody knew we were pursuing Anderson at the last minute. AV did. Nobody knew we were deep in it with Eboigbe but we were. VQ said both guys led the coaches to believe they were in but they changed their minds last minute

VN Store

Back