Trump replies to letter from 8 year old

Where do you get that it's 60k? The link below says 17k transplants per year, and 3k monthly added to wait lists, so that's somewhere in between 36k and 53k per year.

Fewer people would mean it's harder to find matches. We have more people, thus more potential matches.

The market is great at matching sellers with buyers. If the supply doesn't match demand, then price goes up and more donors enter the market. This very simple mechanism works in every industry across time, so why wouldn't it work here?

As I said, I have a price. Almost everybody has a price.

Organ Donation and Transplantation Statistics
trying to find the source that said it was 5k a month.

but if my 60k is correct we have 40x the number of transplants needed. but only 4x the population. so we have 10x the problem.
even if its your low end 36k that is 25x the number of transplants needed vs the 4x, so we are down to 6x the problem they have.

*edit
well I can't find anything with the 5k a month, so I will concede the 60k.

the reason I don't think it will work is trying to match a finite rate of donors with an increasing rate of those in need. Just because something works at a much smaller scale, 6x, doesn't mean it will work at the larger.

and I think our existing health conditions make us worse candidates for donating that what the Iranians face. Heart disease, diabetes, even high blood pressure can remove you from the potential donation list. All told there are more than 100 million Americans with those conditions, thats probably not unique cases and might double a triple count some people. but you are removing a significant chunk of your base. then you add cancer and everything else that can remove you from the list and the potential is relatively low.

Last edited:
So insurance companies have to pay people to donate their organs right now?

I don’t expect Bob to pay me. But then again I’m not a worthless pile of ****.

What do I say I stand for?

Well no they don't because it is illegal. It is not a valid objection to payment that the cost of doing the surgery went up.

I don't know who Bob is or why he would be paying you. I am also not certain why selling one's kidney would make them a worthless piece of sh!t. It should be a commodity like any other.

trying to find the source that said it was 5k a month.

but if my 60k is correct we have 40x the number of transplants needed. but only 4x the population. so we have 10x the problem.
even if its your low end 36k that is 25x the number of transplants needed vs the 4x, so we are down to 6x the problem they have.

We have more than 10x the wealth per person. We can figure it out.

Again, why wouldn't price coordinate buyers with sellers in this case? Don't you have a price?

ND40's objections to paid donors are objections that can be made to all operations.

Tums' objections to paid donors are objections that can be made to all operations paid for by insurance.

This thread has been special.

Well no they don't because it is illegal. It is not a valid objection to payment that the cost of doing the surgery went up.

I don't know who Bob is or why he would be paying you. I am also not certain why selling one's kidney would make them a worthless piece of sh!t. It should be a commodity like any other.

Exactly. They don’t. But you keep posting like they do. You know it won’t be $4,500, right? This isn’t Iran.

You’re free to go to Iran and prostitute your kidney.

We have more than 10x the wealth per person. We can figure it out.

Again, why wouldn't price coordinate buyers with sellers in this case? Don't you have a price?
certainly. I am already signed up to be a donor when dead. they can chop me up and use as many pieces of me as they want.

poor class of potential donors, vs extreme need. doesn't matter if we have more wealth, we are farming a relatively fixed number of bodies. and the rates just don't stack up imo.

also see my edit above to what you quoted.

ND40's objections to paid donors are objections that can be made to all operations.

Tums' objections to paid donors are objections that can be made to all operations paid for by insurance.

Huff and Clearwater making up arguments for others and arguing against those made up arguments has been pretty special.

I’m still waiting for you to answer the question you’ve been so scared to answer. Are you finally saying that insurance should pay for it? You know there’s a lot of things insurance won’t pay for, right? It also won’t be $4,500 like Iran. This is the U.S.

certainly. I am already signed up to be a donor when dead. they can chop me up and use as many pieces of me as they want.

poor class of potential donors, vs extreme need. doesn't matter if we have more wealth, we are farming a relatively fixed number of bodies. and the rates just don't stack up imo.

also see my edit above to what you quoted.

I'm asking what is your price for giving up one of your kidneys as a living donor? IDK my exact price, but it would be somewhere between $100k and $250k. I highly doubt market price would reach that high, unless it's a really rare type.

I'm asking what is your price for giving up one of your kidneys as a living donor? IDK my exact price, but it would be somewhere between $100k and $250k. I highly doubt market price would reach that high, unless it's a really rare type.
Exactly. You already stated this earlier and still try to run with dumb arguments. You’re a door knob.

Exactly. They don’t. But you keep posting like they do. You know it won’t be $4,500, right? This isn’t Iran.

You’re free to go to Iran and prostitute your kidney.

Why are you against the basic premise of allowing the marketplace to sort this out? You profess to hate government intervention. You repeatedly state that you don't want them meddling in heathcare, but you seem fine with this government intervention.

I haven't seen any number for the cases in Iran. But I doubt their problem is as severe as our own.

one every fourteen minutes is a stupefying rate. our generally poor health and diet probably makes our rates worse than anyone else.

again I am for your system, no real reason not to. I just believe it is being oversold.

they are selling 1400 kidney a year. BBC NEWS | Programmes | This World | Iran's desperate kidney traders

that's a day of added names in America. hold up math is off. ok, its 14 days of added names in America.
Changing the American diet would do far more to cut the transplant list than anything else. The explosion of adult onset diabetes in this country is leading to a lot of these ESRD cases. What’s sad is that adult onset can practically be reversed with diet and exercise, but people just choose to eat **** food and inject instead. And they will eventually wind up with ESRD if heart disease or cancer don’t get them first.

Why are you against the basic premise of allowing the marketplace to sort this out? You profess to hate government intervention. You repeatedly state that you don't want them meddling in heathcare, but you seem fine with this government intervention.

Do you support female genital mutilation Muslims love to do?

If there's one thing he's consistent at, it's terrible arguments.

Reactions: MercyPercy
Also, what have I stated my position is?

Do you support female genital mutilation Muslims love to do?

The-Scarecrow-1.jpg

Huff: People should get paid to donate their organs.

Tums: Cool. Who should pay?

Huff, Clearwater, Septic: That’s a dumb argument.

Your stupidity is noted along with the others.

When you complain all day that it stinks wherever you go, it may be time to check your own shoes.

Reactions: MercyPercy

Now you see why I call your arguments dumbass?

Who else is bearing the burden and who is getting exploited if I have an appendectomy huh? Jees...

never thought about it to be honest.

assuming I am actually selling my kidney to a unknown individual I would say your 100k to 250k is about right. I would have to have a whole bunch of tests done before I could give you the real number. most are probably done when testing to see if you can donate.

my fear, and why my price might be higher, is if my kidneys weren't great or I was predisposed. which may remove me all together. but if there were potential issues I would jack up my costs, while conversely driving down my value. but this is from a pure functional standpoint more than greed. you can donate lungs. pretty much no cost could get me to sell a lung to a stranger. give it to a loved one, yeah. sell it no. skin I would sell pretty cheap. piece of the liver (never understood how that works) would also be pretty cheap.

Egg all over your face. Love it.

Your stupidity is noted.

LOL, is this the part where you insist on a victory?

Speaking of 'all over your face', these guys have bukkake'd you from one side of this thread to the other.

Peace out nerd.

LOL, is this the part where you insist on a victory?

Speaking of 'all over your face', these guys have bukkake'd you from one side of this thread to the other.

Peace out nerd.

Incoherent remarks and scurrying away. Your stupidity is noted along with that tail tucked between your legs. Peace out biatch.

Changing the American diet would do far more to cut the transplant list than anything else. The explosion of adult onset diabetes in this country is leading to a lot of these ESRD cases. What’s sad is that adult onset can practically be reversed with diet and exercise, but people just choose to eat **** food and inject instead. And they will eventually wind up with ESRD if heart disease or cancer don’t get them first.
yeah I was trying to find some number I could actually quote on how many Americans would actually be able to donate, without worrying about being a match. I would guess a goodly percentage wouldn't even be capable of donating at all.

I would very much like to see any number stating those tested vs those who can donate. I know usually with families the exact match is the issue, but taking a step back would be interesting.

The market solution to the wait list is a very simple solution. Fixing the American diet is a seemingly impossible solution.

Huff: People should get paid to donate their organs.

Tums: Cool. Who will pay?

Huff, Clearwater, Septic: That’s a dumb argument.

Your stupidity is noted along with the others.

I have answered the question, you illiterate baboon. The recipient pays. Usually via insurance.

VN Store

Back