Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No ties to Pruitt, professionally speaking. Both are from North AL, that is it.

Why does there need to be an existing relationship? Hire the best you can get while considering fit. Focusing on people you’ve worked with previously narrows the pool and it gets narrower and narrower with each new hire

So which do you think is the case? Pruitt and a candidate being really covert and ahead of all the media? Or (i don’t want to say incompetent Bc we’ve talked to some damn good coaches) just really struggling during this search to nail down someone.

All I'm saying is Pruitt could be chasing his tail and info could still be a plenty with details.

One doesnt have to begat the other.

Reactions: HankHill
I watched Kansas Play in the Final 4 back when they had Nick Collison. They were down 1 with 15 seconds left. Collison had 4 fouls. Roy Williams, Hall of Fame Coach, left him in the game. His player got the ball on the inbounds and guess who fouled....Collison. Their best player and best 3 point shooter sat out the last 13 seconds. FT's were good and down 3. He should have taken him out of the game and put someone else in to foul and then put him back in a run a set for him to tie the game. My point being I coached high school basketball for 27 years. Made no more than 5,000 dollars, not 3 million that Roy makes, doing it and I had enough sense to take him out while in a fouling situation. You put me in front of 100K and I still make that decision every day. Every coach came from somewhere. It doesnt meant that they can't just because they are D2.

Your point still remains, but Collison wasn't a three point shooter. Probably thinking of Hinrich. But Collison was arguably their best player or at least top 2.

This find the right fit is a bunch of bull, what makes someone the right fit is winning. Pruitt could have his wife as OC but if she didn’t produce it wouldn’t work. I have a feeling Fuller is telling Pruitt how good he had it with Cut and Chablis,, they were good so that made it a good fit.

LOL Ask Kirby Smart...AKA Fake Punt not playing in SEC or College Playoffs. I had enough football smart to punt and I have never played a down of football in my life. Glad it worked out for you in since you live in GA.
I am, too. Been rubbing it in these dawg fans’ faces any time the chance arises. Lol!

I'd be fine with Chaney, but that situation sure seems risky unless we have him signed. If it's true, I'm assuming it's only a verbal agreement, in which case he could be playing us or he could just change his mind while we wait and pass on other options. Just speculating of course like everyone else.

Reactions: StoVol
So which do you think is the case? Pruitt and a candidate being really covert and ahead of all the media? Or (i don’t want to say incompetent Bc we’ve talked to some damn good coaches) just really struggling during this search to nail down someone.
Last time we were struggling (hiring a head coach) it was reported all over the place. When Fulmer took over, things got a lot quieter. I'm thinking there is a really good chance that we will be okay.

Is it speculation that CP is having a hard time nailing down an OC or does someone really know? I agree that this is the longest Asst. Coach search I have seen but just wondering if CP is doing everything he can to make sure he gets the one he feels can take this offense and go with it. Been outside all day leaf collecting. lol

Is it speculation that CP is having a hard time nailing down an OC or does someone really know? I agree that this is the longest Asst. Coach search I have seen but just wondering if CP is doing everything he can to make sure he gets the one he feels can take this offense and go with it. Been outside all day leaf collecting. lol

VQ now say they have source that says hire will be finished up after ESD.

At least I think that’s all the news

Been jumping on and off here this week, it seems I have missed a ton of back and forth and apparently Pruitt can't hire a OC because no one will take the job? If he is offering at a minimum Helton money, then your telling me there were at least 3-4 candidates interested enough to come and interview and then he ran them off because he didn't like them or they didn't like him? And Phil is just sitting here watching this all play out? So all the folks that were still a possibility last week and the first of this week are out now and he is just trying to get anyone he can?

Very hard to believe... anyone think maybe the slight negative media comments are because they feel irritated they've been kept in the dark and not given any real nuggets? Can we confirm most of the reports that Freeze, Lindsay, Enos, Chaney, Briles, and Yurcich all turned us down or weren't interested after they talked or interviewed with Pruitt? If so, then Pruitt is in trouble and we are all in trouble. If not, then I guess we'll see in the end.

Lastly, maybe I'm clueless about recruiting, but I just can't believe that there is still this much interest from players on offense in signing with us and taking us seriously, when supposedly Pruitt has no clue who he is going to get? You still have to believe he is telling or hinting something to these kids to keep their interest up...

Anybody remember someone reporting at the beginning of the search that Pruitt may wait until Jan.1? I thought it was ridiculous at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back