Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It definitely did make sense that he would take an OC job somewhere but not sure it's UT. I would love the hire if it happened. He's called plays for a few years at Richmond, coached QB's at Clemson for a few years and is their recruiting coordinator. He certainly checks some boxes.
@butchna posted in the FF earlier that he read on VQ that pruitt approached streeter and never go off the ground floor basically....

In all seriousness...what is more likely: all of usually pretty good media members including low just being absolutely clueless or Pruitt struggling finding an OC as a first time HC.

Does the media need to be clueless to know Pruitt is struggling tho? Its not an either or. And those you listed have a lot of connections that don't require direct intel from the UTAD, the HFC or the staff. They re still at a loss for what is actually going on.

Pruitt was paying Helton top 10 money. He left to be a HC, he wasnt fired. So while the optics may have been that Pruitt gets to right a bad hire, that worked about as perfect as it could for Pruitt. Clean break, and your high dollar hire just got his own gig.
I would think most people here believe UT at minimum will pay a good OC what they paid Helton (if not a little more).

I said this in another thread, but given we apparently haven't "interviewed" anyone since last Friday (no one has confirmed that any of the 3 were offered or said no), and no new names have surfaced in essentially a week, either Pruitt is completely incompetent or he's farther ahead than the media has been able to nail down.

Does the media need to be clueless to know Pruitt is struggling tho? Its not an either or. And those you listed have a lot of connections that don't require direct intel from the UTAD, the HFC or the staff. They re still at a loss for what is actually going on.

Pruitt was paying Helton top 10 money. He left to be a HC, he wasnt fired. So while the optics may have been that Pruitt gets to right a bad hire, that worked about as perfect as it could for Pruitt. Clean break, and your high dollar hire just got his own gig.
I would think most people here believe UT at minimum will pay a good OC what they paid Helton (if not a little more).

I said this in another thread, but given we apparently haven't "interviewed" anyone since last Friday (no one has confirmed that any of the 3 were offered or said no), and no new names have surfaced in essentially a week, either Pruitt is completely incompetent or he's farther ahead than the media has been able to nail down.

So which do you think is the case? Pruitt and a candidate being really covert and ahead of all the media? Or (i don’t want to say incompetent Bc we’ve talked to some damn good coaches) just really struggling during this search to nail down someone.

I know Brian Kelly has the personality of a badger, but what would Longs motivation be to come here. I thought they had things going pretty well up there since they settled on that Book kid. And he’s coming back for ‘19, so it could be a big setup for Long in 2020.

Several articles referenced finding the right "fit". Meaning CJP does not want a 1 and done. Wouldn't Sark, if he came here and had a good year, be at the top of HC candidate list the next off-season? Seems that would make him not the right fit?
I think any coordinator is at risk to leave at any time with a few rare exceptions. Most of these guys view the coordinator role as a stepping stone to a HC position. There are exceptions, like Bud Foster and John Chavis, but most coordinators want to be a HC and will leave if the right opportunity presents itself.

Not only is the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man fat, but he is LONG!

CreamyMassiveBrownbutterfly-small.gif

Hot name once upon a time. UConn and SMU stints give pause.
Yeah, Uconn offense stayed in the 110s/120s with him there, and SMU offense went from 77 to 100+ in offensive efficiency.

The offenses during his tenure at Auburn were overrated as well imo. Malzahn/Lashlee didn't do anything after Marshall left.

Reactions: BruinVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back