Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it speculation that CP is having a hard time nailing down an OC or does someone really know? I agree that this is the longest Asst. Coach search I have seen but just wondering if CP is doing everything he can to make sure he gets the one he feels can take this offense and go with it. Been outside all day leaf collecting. lol

I'd say that the only thing we know for sure is that nobody can see behind the curtain, and the folks behind the curtain ain't talkin'.

People state things with varying levels of belief, but they're all still there with Sergeant Schultz and Jon Snow.

Hubbs and Hyams know something they don’t feel comfortable saying out loud. Both on the radio just now saying they think the OC search goes after NSD but before Jan 1. Leads me to believe they’ve been told a list of guys we’re going to talk to at that point in time.
But Doug Matthews said we have our guy

In all seriousness...what is more likely: all of usually pretty good media members including low just being absolutely clueless or Pruitt struggling finding an OC as a first time HC.
Not related to be honest. If one reports something that turns out to be false, it is unreliable. It doesn't matter if the topic in which they are reporting is strong, average, or weak; it's still inaccurate reporting.

Is it speculation that CP is having a hard time nailing down an OC or does someone really know? I agree that this is the longest Asst. Coach search I have seen but just wondering if CP is doing everything he can to make sure he gets the one he feels can take this offense and go with it. Been outside all day leaf collecting. lol
speculation

Swain was on the zone in Nashville while ago, and below are some highlights.

Said while he respects why fans would be skeptical that it has not affected recruiting and we should wait to see who is hired before getting too worked up.

We should focus on Basketvols because they have earned it.

Recruiting still looking good regardless of OC and said he didn't think it would away him a ton if he was a recruit.

Pruitt wants a multiple offense with downhill scheme, and fit is a big issue since no new guys to make OC comfortable.

Of the people he trusts we are starting over (no sense of 95%)

The fact the OC can bring no one with him presents an issue.

He didn't offer a list of new names that Pruitt is looking at but said the list of good names is getting shorter and we should expect new names over time

Sark and Kitchens was mentioned, he specifically said Pruitt should look at Canada.

On the road for biz and 1st stop I had since interview so wanted to share sorry if dupe.

I know Brian Kelly has the personality of a badger, but what would Longs motivation be to come here. I thought they had things going pretty well up there since they settled on that Book kid. And he’s coming back for ‘19, so it could be a big setup for Long in 2020.
Do not talk about Botch Jones daddy like that for he will hit you brick by beck.

Recruiting still looking good regardless of OC and said he didn't think it would away him a ton if he was a recruit.

Definitely agree that the impact of this search on the recruiting trail is overblown.

I think it's been baked into every recruit in the country that anything can happen from year to year, that outside of a couple handfuls of programs, recruits may not even have the same HC for all 4-5 years of their college career, much less a coordinator.

Reactions: Vol4ever
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back