American man killed by tribe on remote island

If it wasn't a Christian that died, this would
not be an issue at all. And it shouldn't be a thing anyways. Aside from an Indian expedition that gave them a bunch of coconuts back in the early nineties I believe, attempts to contact them have resulted in death or failure. This dude knew how this was going to play out. I hate it went the way it did for him, but what did he expect? It isn't like this was an unknown hazard. If he wanted to be a martyr for faith and foolishness, then he has it. Mostly for foolishness.
I think it best we leave the island alone and avoid the normal Western way of "murder the inhabitants, then try to figure out their culture."

not be an issue at all. And it shouldn't be a thing anyways. Aside from an Indian expedition that gave them a bunch of coconuts back in the early nineties I believe, attempts to contact them have resulted in death or failure. This dude knew how this was going to play out. I hate it went the way it did for him, but what did he expect? It isn't like this was an unknown hazard. If he wanted to be a martyr for faith and foolishness, then he has it. Mostly for foolishness.
I think it best we leave the island alone and avoid the normal Western way of "murder the inhabitants, then try to figure out their culture."

Are soldiers that fight in wars that will die and not change a single thing foolish?

The dead fallen in Viet Nam?

Iraq?

Foolish?

Are soldiers that fight in wars that will die and not change a single thing foolish?

The dead fallen in Viet Nam?

Iraq?

Foolish?
Dude wasn't a soldier. This had nothing to do with any of the places you mentioned. Why should this matter? Dude went to a neolithic island with a known hostile tribe and died. Are we supposed to carpet bomb said island because of an idiot?

Dude wasn't a soldier. This had nothing to do with any of the places you mentioned. Why should this matter? Dude went to a neolithic island with a known hostile tribe and died. Are we supposed to carpet bomb said island because of an idiot?
I guess the same could be said for Khashoggi.

The two situations are vastly different. They are so different that you know it is bs when you brought it up.
Really, on compare it comes out fairly similar.
1. Both entering sovereign hostile territory.
2. Both knew dangers involved and stated it.
3. Both threw common sense and self preservation to the wind.
4. Both died because of that lack of good judgement.
5. Both idiots are not our business.
But only slightly less known....

never trust a Sicilian in a land war.

I don’t see where it is a big deal , being a Christian had nothing to do with the coverage . The coverage came when it was reported that he was killed trying to make contact with them , it was a headline the media could run with . There’s only one on here making a big deal of it and I’m convinced he’s trolling , pretty much everyone else is of the same opinion .. leave them the hell alone and nobody gets hurts . Don’t try and fix what isn’t broken .

not be an issue at all.
And it shouldn't be a thing anyways. Aside from an Indian expedition that gave them a bunch of coconuts back in the early nineties I believe, attempts to contact them have resulted in death or failure. This dude knew how this was going to play out. I hate it went the way it did for him, but what did he expect? It isn't like this was an unknown hazard. If he wanted to be a martyr for faith and foolishness, then he has it. Mostly for foolishness.

Total BS.

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
Really, on compare it comes out fairly similar.
1. Both entering sovereign hostile territory.
2. Both knew dangers involved and stated it.
3. Both threw common sense and self preservation to the wind.
4. Both died because of that lack of good judgement.
5. Both idiots are not our business.
But only slightly less known....

never trust a Sicilian in a land war.
You should work for the Lord Red Hat. That is some impressive spin.

I don’t see where it is a big deal , being a Christian had nothing to do with the coverage . The coverage came when it was reported that he was killed trying to make contact with them , it was a headline the media could run with . There’s only one on here making a big deal of it and I’m convinced he’s trolling , pretty much everyone else is of the same opinion .. leave them the hell alone and nobody gets hurts . Don’t try and fix what isn’t broken .
We wouldn't even be talking about it and most of the board would have no clue about the situation if it wasn't for him being Christian. Sorry Tums, it is what it is. That dude still wanting to let loose the napalm? I skipped some pages.

We wouldn't even be talking about it and most of the board would have no clue about the situation if it wasn't for him being Christian. Sorry Tums, it is what it is. That dude still wanting to let loose the napalm? I skipped some pages.
Negative. He was “American”.

People have died there before. I know that because I’ve seen the news when they have. There was no mention of their religion. You’re desperately wanting this to be about Christianity for some reason. Weird.

The fact he was a Christian , Muslim , a monk or a snake charmer didn’t move my care O meter at all , the fact that he was trying to make contact with them and was killed did ... play stupid games win stupid prizes . I’m just shocked it wasn’t a progressive liberal trying to establish the new utopia .

Negative. He was “American”.

People have died there before. I know that because I’ve seen the news when they have. There was no mention of their religion. You’re desperately wanting this to be about Christianity for some reason. Weird.
It was widely reported by multiple sources that he was a Christian off to "spread the gospel". It doesn't have anything to do with me, just with this guy being an idiot. Sadly he died for it.

The fact he was a Christian , Muslim , a monk or a snake charmer didn’t move my care O meter at all , the fact that he was trying to make contact with them and was killed did ... play stupid games win stupid prizes . I’m just shocked it wasn’t a progressive liberal trying to establish the new utopia .
It might not have bothered you personally, but it sure got the Red Hats frothing at the bit to exact some revenge against a tribe that basically shot poor, foolish dude full of arrows for stepping on their island. Again, the only reason this is news is because the idiot was Christian. Otherwise no one would care.

It was widely reported by multiple sources that he was a Christian off to "spread the gospel". It doesn't have anything to do with me, just with this guy being an idiot. Sadly he died for it.
That explains why he was there, not why it’s a story. It would still be a story if he was just wanted to go there and not “Spread the gospel”. Don’t be dense.

Know the difference.

It might not have bothered you personally, but it sure got the Red Hats frothing at the bit to exact some revenge against a tribe that basically shot poor, foolish dude full of arrows for stepping on their island. Again, the only reason this is news is because the idiot was Christian. Otherwise no one would care.
I’m still looking for the “ red hats” frothing at the bit to revenge him. what I’m gleaning from posts here, the majority have the common sense to say leave them alone...

Your Red Hat points and that of a Neolithic tribe in the Indian Ocean don't really relate.
The fact you introduce politics into a very simple scenario makes no sense. Don’t go someplace you know you have aforementioned knowledge that outsiders die. Simple. We don’t need to factor in a bunch of political crap to figure out why he’s dead.

VN Store

Back