American man killed by tribe on remote island

Excuse me... we're just here to retrieve the body of the white man, as the equivalent of medieval archers sling arrows like it's 1300 AD in Scotland.

I wonder what the reaction of the Indian government or anyone else for that matter would have been if this guy were a fisherman with a dead engine who just washed up on their shores? Is it OK then to just kill someone you don't want on your property?
this has happened. no one cared. just like no one really cares now.

The people of India are paying for their government to protect these barbarians and for what? They can't properly study them or learn much if anything about them because they kill anyone who steps onto the island. They just killed an unarmed man for nothing. The punishment of death doesn't fit the crime of trespassing. These barbarians suffer no consequences for their actions. Ef them! They don't deserve protection and preservation.
I don't think they are paying to protect THEM. I think they are paying to protect everyone else FROM them, by keeping everyone else away. Even if they are paying to keep them in isolation, its clearly what they want.

No-Trespassing-Sign-TRE-13559_300.gif

I wonder what the reaction of the Indian government or anyone else for that matter would have been if this guy were a fisherman with a dead engine who just washed up on their shores? Is it OK then to just kill someone you don't want on your property?

I’ve never heard of this place before, but I’ve read some commentary that the reason it’s illegal to take people to the island is partly because the islanders so isolated that they’re not immunized to western diseases. Since there are only a few dozen of them, a bout of disease could extinguish the entire culture.

It makes sense if you think about historical accounts of native Americans and natives in Mexico being decimated by the arrival of Europeans and the diseases that followed.

It’s interesting to think about the alternative. What if they had let this guy in and, instead of Jesus, he brings them a strain of some virus that we’re immune to that ends up extinguishing the entire culture...

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
I’ve never heard of this place before, but I’ve read some commentary that the reason it’s illegal to take people to the island is partly because the islanders so isolated that they’re not immunized to western diseases. Since there are only a few dozen of them, a bout of disease could extinguish the entire culture.

It makes sense if you think about historical accounts of native Americans and natives in Mexico being decimated by the arrival of Europeans and the diseases that followed.

It’s interesting to think about the alternative. What if they had let this guy in and, instead of Jesus, he brings them a strain of some virus that we’re immune to that ends up extinguishing the entire culture...
could be something like this has happened in the past and their culture remembers some other disease hitting them in the past and killing a bunch of people after outsiders visited.

could even be tied to their faith. its THEIR island or something.

Pretty reasonable.

Except for missing the whole "but we have to do SOMETHING!" liberal response.

The people of India are paying for their government to protect these barbarians and for what? They can't properly study them or learn much if anything about them because they kill anyone who steps onto the island. They just killed an unarmed man for nothing. The punishment of death doesn't fit the crime of trespassing. These barbarians suffer no consequences for their actions. Ef them! They don't deserve protection and preservation.
What does it cost to protect these people? Zero? They are not contributing and they are not taking. Why can’t they just be left alone?

Helpless fishermen who accidentally washed on shore? That has literally already happened and they killed them too. The Indian government is protecting those murderers though so nothing happened.

Helpless fishermen who accidentally washed on shore? That has literally already happened and they killed them too. The Indian government is protecting those murderers though so nothing happened.
Quit being xenophobic. That’s their culture and you need to accept it.

And if they got wiped out by a cold nobody would care because they're just an island full of savage murderers nobody was ever able to study. It'd be a huge loss to society I'm quite certain.

And if they got wiped out by a cold nobody would care because they're just an island full of savage murderers nobody was ever able to study. It'd be a huge loss to society I'm quite certain.

I'm sure Hilton Resorts would be standing in line to build the latest and greatest resort if something "horrible" happened.

It sounds like we have a volunteer. You gonna head over there and sneeze on the bastards?

You'd have to be a little more strategic than that. Gather up some of those arrows they've shot at people, infect them with a few communicable diseases. Attach them to a drone and drop them on an unoccupied path in the woods on the island. One of the locals stumbles on it, recognizes it as there own and has no suspicion of anything. Voila.

Another option: Storm the beach with a seal team, anyone that fires an arrow gets shot but anyone unarmed and nonthreatening lives. Call it a lesson on manners.

You'd have to be a little more strategic than that. Gather up some of those arrows they've shot at people, infect them with a few communicable diseases. Attach them to a drone and drop them on an unoccupied path in the woods on the island. One of the locals stumbles on it, recognizes it as there own and has no suspicion of anything. Voila.

Another option: Storm the beach with a seal team, anyone that fires an arrow gets shot but anyone unarmed and nonthreatening lives. Call it a lesson on manners.
Or, you know, just leave them alone.

There’s a Calvin and Hobbes where Calvin is very proud of catching a butterfly and putting it in a jar. Hobbes replies that if man could cage a rainbow he would. Not every thing on this planet needs to be subjugated or civilized.

These people pose zero threat to anyone except for those who show up on THEIR island. They don’t travel to other islands and kill people. Everyone on earth knows to stay away from this place. This dude knew to stay away. The issue comes from those who accidentally get too close like those with an anchor that didn’t anchor and boat issues, but again, stay away from this island and you’ll have no problem.

Your solution to this “Problem” is to kill every one of them?

These people pose zero threat to anyone except for those who show up on THEIR island. They don’t travel to other islands and kill people. Everyone on earth knows to stay away from this place. This dude knew to stay away. The issue comes from those who accidentally get too close like those with an anchor that didn’t anchor and boat issues, but again, stay away from this island and you’ll have no problem.

Your solution to this “Problem” is to kill every one of them?

I'm thinking at this point, he's trolling everyone.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
Or, you know, just leave them alone.

There’s a Calvin and Hobbes where Calvin is very proud of catching a butterfly and putting it in a jar. Hobbes replies that if man could cage a rainbow he would. Not every thing on this planet needs to be subjugated or civilized.
It's fascinating that relative moralists that claim morality to be a social construct generally condemn societal mortalities they disagree with.

VN Store

Back