Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruiting is what we need more than OC any damn way. When did this become the coaching search forum? Ron done got soft on y'all.

No one has mentioned the recruiting prowess of anyone past Freeze.

Chaney I recall was meh
Enos is solid
Yurcich is ?
Briles with momma's?

Reactions: Weezer
Pruitt - "You have to be able to run the ball in this league. We're going to have a power run offense that creates explosive plays."

Half of VN - "PRUITT DOESN'T WANT A FAST PACED OFFENSE!"

One does not equate with the other. Pruitt wants to score points. You've got to think he feels that if he has an offense which can make the other team chase, then he will be chomping at the bit with all of the opportunities his defense will have to be aggressive and make plays.
I don't pretend to have the foggiest notion of what offense Pruitt wants. I only saw a couple of jump balls through the cloud of dust.

Think the question is will he try to go the Bielema route and dictate the style or are we gonna trot out the full Briles offense
Does this mean we will need mobile (running) DT QBs again or traditional pocket passer pro styles?

Also, does Briles bring Dormady back to UT? I kid, I kid.......

Money won't be the reason he doesn't come.

And I don't think Pruitt would talk to a guy like this only to bring him in and make him run only the plays he's going to allow him to.

I think he wants to be more aggressive in all facets and really stress our opponents.

But he is the head coach, so yeah he will most certainly dictate how the program is going to be run.

Jeremy Pruitt’s search for an offensive coordinator continues. Pruitt has had conversations with Mike Yurcich at Oklahoma State and Houston’s Kendal Briles, with Tennessee’s first-year head coach set to interview Briles on Friday.

Briles recently signed a new three-year deal with Houston worth $2.1 million total. Briles’ buyout would be $775k.

Briles has found plenty of success as an offensive coordinator. Briles had been a playcaller for the last 4 seasons (52 games). In 2015 he was a Broyles Award finalist after Baylor led the nation in scoring and total offense. In 52 games as an OC, Briles’ offenses have scored less than 30 points just eight times. His units have posted less than 20 points just three times — two ion those were his first two games at Florida Atlantic.

One of the interesting things for Briles’ offense has been the continuity with the offensive staff. Randy Clement has been the offensive line coach for 10 of Briles’ 11 years in coaching. The 2017 season was the only year Clement wasn’t Briles’ line coach/run game coordinator when he was calling plays.

For five years at Baylor, the running backs coach with Briles was now Central Florida quarterbacks coach Mike Lebby.

Dan Enos is also another guy that Pruitt has spoken with as well. Sources close to Alabama believe that the Tide would like to keep Enos — the question is will Saban give Enos play calling duties or co-coordinator duties?

Troy’s Neal Brown has been mentioned, but that seems unrealistic. In October of 2017, USA Today reported that Brown’s buyout at Troy was $3 million.

Tennessee isn’t against paying a buyout sources tell Volquest, but not well over seven-figures for an OC, especially one who wants to be a head coach.

So it is down to Yurcich and Briles? There could be someone else out there that hasn’t turned up, but out of the names mentioned Yurcich and Briles are at the top.

In terms of Huge Freeze and what happened or didn’t happen? The exact details will likely never be known. This much we know, Tennessee never offered Freeze a job. Despite all the noise and uproar on social media, Tennessee’s conviction on Freeze wasn’t as strong as many presumed. (Something we’re seeing at other schools as well right now).

- VQ

Briles offense @ FAU against WKU
Driscoll had a bad day passing and they ran it a lot. Lots of bad tackling by WKU but RB Singletary had a huge game. Chandler could feast in that offense.

[YouTube]

Reactions: Weezer
Swain on 104.5 scratching his head about why Freeze is a pass but Briles is not. Same as many of us. Sounding like he is near the top of the list.

Swain championing Chaney too and the Fields situation with him not being QB coach.

Expectation - get some Jack Daniels and chillax

I can't wrap my head around it. Consensual adult sex (we assume that's what those calls led to) is nowhere near as bad as running a rape factory. Kendal isn't his dad and he shouldn't have to pay for his crimes *but* he was there and there's tons of smoke that he and every other Baylor assistant were a part of covering it all up.

The guy that everyone keeps arguing with, the one with the Butch Jones avatar? Yeah, well, that's what I'll always remember him for.
Endless posts about how Shoop was actually the worst DC to ever come through UT. Just kept repeating that Bob was total trash and made Sunseri look good.
Now he hates Friend 😂😂😂

So basically, if he hates on an assistant they're probably one of the best in the country at their job. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back