Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are not fast paced at all lol.

Actually among the bottom 1/4 slowest teams in the country this year. Along with LSU, Georgia, Florida.. sensing a pattern?

For reference, Briles ran THE fastest offense on the country. Ran 15ish-20 more plays per game than the top teams in the SEC. (averaged 88/game over the last 3 games.)

I think he could/would adapt. He won’t be able to play at near that pace here and be successful.

I think the SEC's dominance of CFB is a bit overplayed, especially when you consider the talent differential. If you handicapped football based on talent, pretty sure the SEC wouldn't be as dominant as it seems. Good offense makes you score more, good defense makes your opponent score less. Why not have both?

Reactions: drylo
I think the SEC's dominance of CFB is a bit overplayed, especially when you consider the talent differential. If you handicapped football based on talent, pretty sure the SEC wouldn't be as dominant as it seems. Good offense makes you score more, good defense makes your opponent score less. Why not have both?

A good offense (played at a blazing pace) can severely hurt a defense. Especially one with little depth like Tennessee over the next couple years.

Complementary football or some butchesque saying doesn’t allow for such sorcery.

I just want to make sure I'm getting tonight's hot take correct.
-one of the FOUR playoff teams aren't as up-tempo as they appear.. so we shouldn't hire Briles?
Just like with Freeze, I think it's nothing more than minor tweaking and we still fine.
Love the downhill running and still not convinced we have the personnel to run what we were trying to do last year.

Plays per game, times between plays (pps), time of possession

You know things can skew those stats particularly when a really good team plays keep away the whole 4th quarter. Bama went uptempo basically the whole second half against Georgia. I’m not saying they are old Oregon but they are not ball control bama anymore. Saban himself has said they are no huddle and trying to play faster.

I just want to make sure I'm getting tonight's hot take correct.
-one of the FOUR playoff teams aren't as up-tempo as they appear.. so we shouldn't hire Briles?
Just like with Freeze, I think it's nothing more than minor tweaking and we still fine.
Love the downhill running and still not convinced we have the personnel to run what we were trying to do last year.

Or

Let me get this hot take correct.

Only one team in the history of the SEC has made it to Atlanta playing with a fast pace and this board suddenly thinks Tennessee is going to change history?

Or

Only one team in the history of the SEC has made it to Atlanta playing with a fast pace and this board suddenly thinks Tennessee is going to change history?
Sure, if you completely ignore every post when I I said he would slow it down some here. But, that does sound like exactly what you would do 😂😂😂

The stat we have already discussed here

Plays per second
With Tua in the game they were under 24 seconds per play. Would’ve been top 35 nationally. Their slow number was vastly inflated by the fact that they were milking the clock at the end of games.

Reactions: Smokey123
Or

What kind of offense have beaten Alabama and given them the most fits the last say 5 years...

Ole miss...Clemson...Texas am...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back