OC Search - Kendall Briles (merged)

Hasn't thast been said already for a few days now??
It was all speculation until now. 247 is pushing it on twitter. I skimmed the article and never saw exactly how they knew this was going to happen though.

A "source" on another website that charges money to view claims that Kendall Briles will interview in the next couple of days. "Source" also claims that Dan Enos is in the picture.
Does the “source’s” name rhyme with FUEL? If so, it isn’t a source.

Patrick Brown in his 247 article said Briles a leading candidate according to his sources. Has produced at every stop, if hired we would owe 500K per year for three years to cover his buyout.

Reactions: dduncan4163
This article states Briles will be interviewed soon (next few days).

Vols expected to interview OC candidates

Interesting.

Sources close to the situation told GoVols247 on Thursday that Houston offensive coordinator Kendal Briles has emerged as one of the leading candidates for the vacancy on the Vols' staff created when Tyson Helton left to become the new head coach at Western Kentucky shortly after the season-ending loss to Vanderbilt.

Briles is expected to interview with Tennessee and head coach Jeremy Pruitt in the next couple of days and possibly early as tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a friend that's a huge Houston Cougar fan who is extremely worried about losing Briles to somebody. He's hoping the extension he recently signed prevents him from moving. The obvious hesitation with Briles is the same as with Freeze - it's the off-the-field stuff. I don't know enough about the Baylor situation to know how involved Briles was, but on the field, that seems like a really good OC for us.

Well typically we see the "interview" then we get a decision 1-2 days later, once the interviews are done. TIFWIW, I read (fake news?) Briles as "possible" candidate at Auburn and FSU.

VN Store

Back