OC Search - Kendall Briles (merged)

So no more pro style offense?
If by "pro style" you mean can't run the ball at all unless a RB jukes/breaks off 3-4 defenders prior to hitting the line of scrimmage, and having undeveloped route running/timing, so our passing game is basically just stand in the pocket till JG feels like a WR is getting to his deep ball limit and either taking a sack or letting it rip?

Then, Yes.

A "source" on another website that charges money to view claims that Kendall Briles will interview in the next couple of days. "Source" also claims that Dan Enos is in the picture.

I guarantee you that an OC will be named by National. Signing Day
At least they are seemingly hiring the best person that is available and interested

I've got a friend that's a huge Houston Cougar fan who is extremely worried about losing Briles to somebody. He's hoping the extension he recently signed prevents him from moving. The obvious hesitation with Briles is the same as with Freeze - it's the off-the-field stuff. I don't know enough about the Baylor situation to know how involved Briles was, but on the field, that seems like a really good OC for us.
I am a little surprised that since Briles was right smack dab in the middle of the Baylor krap he would be shunned just as bad as Freeze seemed to be. Our whole group leading this cluster---- is about worth less as a teat on a bore hog. Good ole Tn can screw up a process beyond most every one else. JMHO

I guarantee you that an OC will be named by National. Signing Day
At least they are seemingly hiring the best person that is available and interested

Are they? That would be a very un-UT like move.

From a pure football standpoint, Briles would be my #1 choice. That offense is just incredible and super simple, especially for the QB. The link below covers his passing game pretty well. You'd be surpeised how balanced the scheme is. Downhill running and deep balls galore!

Briles Vertical Passing Game

A "source" on another website that charges money to view claims that Kendall Briles will interview in the next couple of days. "Source" also claims that Dan Enos is in the picture.
Briles would be a redemption hire. Like I am full Freeze or bust.... If we walk out of this with Briles, I will calm down a bit.

Sounds great, but from what I am hearing why interview anyone till u get an ok by bot. I would love to have either of them, but doubtful if board would approve briles. No reason not to but time will tell. This also sounds like we don't have an oc chosen yet.

I've got a friend that's a huge Houston Cougar fan who is extremely worried about losing Briles to somebody. He's hoping the extension he recently signed prevents him from moving. The obvious hesitation with Briles is the same as with Freeze - it's the off-the-field stuff. I don't know enough about the Baylor situation to know how involved Briles was, but on the field, that seems like a really good OC for us.
He's been vetted and approved by 2 different universities since then not to mention by the NCAA aswell. I see no problem

VN Store

Back