Tennessee Vols have settled on unknown candidate for offensive coordinator position

Could the unthinkable be in the works? I know I’m placing a bullseye squarely on myself here to be completely vaporized by your reaction. But, but, but, but......hear me out.....he said if he coaches it would only be on offense with quarterbacks.....nobody knows offense like this dude, his mind is way beyond us feeble weak humans.....he’s one of Phil’s fav’s.....he’s gotta be gettin’ bored....his alma needs him....could it be? Is there a chance, are you telling’ me there’s a one in a million chance? Tennessee’s favorite son, come to the aid of your university! #16 #thegeneralneedsyouPeyton #merrychristmasPeyton #makeTennesseegreatagainPeyton
Dear god help us

If CJP wanted Freeze and his immediate boss or somebody in the administration nixed it, you're looking for the exit first chance you get. No way you commit long term to a bunch who hires you for your expertise and then rejects it first time a big decision comes up. I've had this happen personally a few times. I had a boss who did this to me in LA, i had a new job abroad a couple of weeks later. She offered me more money than she made to stay but I was gone and never looked back. It's one of those unwritten rules, like never move for a lateral.

this may be how the conversation went: PF may have said to JP “I thought you were going to run this by Stan Grossman? He passes on this stuff before it gets passed up to me”. Then, JP says “well, you know Stan will say no dice. That’s why you pay him”.

Somebody give us a damn update!! For the love of god!!! An interesting tweet, a respected journalist’s speculation, anything. The silence is deafening

Reactions: Paukotajs
The fact that he could get anything done with Stafford continuing to make boneheaded plays should be a resounding plus for him.
I mentioned Cooter yesterday and was told no way he would take our OC job. I think he would be good and, rest assured, the Lions will clean house soon as they usually do.

Chris Low on ESPN just reported nothing. Most accurate he's been yet. Swain, Mathews, etc. all added that they had nothing to add. Collectively their best days as reporters. Jim Bob Cooter has emerged as a possible candidate but the rumor is that the marketing department doesn't want anyone named after a turtle. Russia may have nuked China. Other names that are floating around are still floating around. If necessary a Press Conference will be called to explain all this.

Reactions: Grayvol4life
Chip Long still on the short list? TN ties (Memphis OC). Tied up with a playoff team (could explain why its taken longer).

Chip Long still on the short list? TN ties (Memphis OC). Tied up with a playoff team (could explain why its taken longer).

If CJP has hired someone from a playoff team and isn't announcing and letting them stay through the playoffs he needs to hit the road himself.

Of course I'm still sore about CJP staying at Bama last year.

Reactions: onevol74
Could the unthinkable be in the works? I know I’m placing a bullseye squarely on myself here to be completely vaporized by your reaction. But, but, but, but......hear me out.....he said if he coaches it would only be on offense with quarterbacks.....nobody knows offense like this dude, his mind is way beyond us feeble weak humans.....he’s one of Phil’s fav’s.....he’s gotta be gettin’ bored....his alma needs him....could it be? Is there a chance, are you telling’ me there’s a one in a million chance? Tennessee’s favorite son, come to the aid of your university! #16 #thegeneralneedsyouPeyton #merrychristmasPeyton #makeTennesseegreatagainPeyton
You shall be known as target man, you deserve every arrow, may God have mercy on your soul.

1544110477578.png

Last edited:
If CJP has hired someone from a playoff team and isn't announcing and letting them stay through the playoffs he needs to hit the road himself.

Of course I'm still sore about CJP staying at Bama last year.
First statement, absolutely. Second statement, get over it.

I'm more interested in this chick that keeps popping up at the bottom of the page.......

1544110923342.png

tumblr_ly2xi5uNDN1qeuuopo6_250.gif

Reactions: tbh

VN Store

Back