Tennessee Vols have settled on unknown candidate for offensive coordinator position

Oh, thank god it's over

It is either Friend or a coach that we need to do a Google search on
I don't know _ _ _ _ but I am 95% sure that it is not Freeze
Be ready to do a Google search on North East Central Texas University to find info on new O C

I get so tired of hearing this (not from you OP, from all over the place). Part of the OC's job is to manage the *entire* offense, and the OL coach answers to him. It is exactly part of the OC's responsibility to get the OL fixed. That is one reason I consider Helton's time here a complete failure. He couldn't fix anything, and he couldn't scheme around anything that he couldn't fix.

That’s a fair point. I just think that it’s going to take more “Jimmys” (recruits) and no amount of Xs and Os scheming can o ercome thecfact that we are hurting at this crucial position. If our O-Line was good, we’d probably have a 7 win season this year. Maybe better.

Report: Tennessee Vols have settled on unknown candidate for offensive coordinator position

So who could it be?

Well, with Hugh Freeze looking unlikely to come to Knoxville, and more like he’ll end up in Tuscaloosa, it seems like Alabama quarterbacks coach Dan Enos would make a lot of sense.
Enos has play calling experience in the SEC (he was the OC at Arkansas from 2015-17). And his offense is fairly balanced. In 2015 and 2016, Arkansas was one of only two programs in the country with a 3,000 yard passer and a 1,300 yard rusher Injuries took their toll on Arkansas in 2017, which led to a coaching change. Enos wasn’t retained by new Razorbacks head coach Chad Morris.

Had Enos been retained, the only way he could’ve went to another SEC school was for a head coaching job. That’s how much Arkansas thought of him. Nick Saban, for what it’s worth, also thinks highly of Enos, telling 247Sports earlier this year “I think Dan has really helped them understand exactly what the expectation is on every play. And that comes through really good teaching and preparation through the course of the week.”Enos’ offensive philosophy is as close to Pruitt’s as any of the other candidate. He would make a ton of sense for the Volunteers. Other names to keep an eye on are Matt Canada, Eli Drinkwitz and Rush Propst.

I'll be pumped if it's Canada. I love his offense and believe he can turn us into a well oiled machine.

Enos would be okay too. Looks like we'll know soon.

giphy.gif

Never Never put any stock in to what Saban says about other people.
He gave a glaring review of Dooley. Saban will never speak badly of any coach. It is an unwritten rule among coaches
I am not impressed with his statements concerning Enos

That’s a fair point. I just think that it’s going to take more “Jimmys” (recruits) and no amount of Xs and Os scheming can o ercome thecfact that we are hurting at this crucial position. If our O-Line was good, we’d probably have a 7 win season this year. Maybe better.

First, let's get our current players to make a good tackle on first contact and not have runner or receiver get additional yardage
Let's have linemen know their assignments and hold a block
Let's have running backs hold on to the ball and not fumble
Then we can work on Jimmies & Joe's

I think it is suck a secret even Pruitt doesn't know yet.. Foolmer is keeping it to himself.

First, let's get our current players to make a good tackle on first contact and not have runner or receiver get additional yardage
Let's have linemen know their assignments and hold a block
Let's have running backs hold on to the ball and not fumble
Then we can work on Jimmies & Joe's
I’m not being smart. I’m truly confused here and could use some help. Are you saying that we must fix our current jimmies and joes, regardless of their abilities and talent level before we recruit better jimmies and joes?

Be ready to do a Google search on North East Central Texas University to find info on new O C
Or Southern Utah College of Applied Social Sciences.

So unknown that the media had to pull another name off google to have something to report.

I thought it was northeast Kansas college?🤣

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
I have a bammer friend who is convinced that they will promote from within. But he's FOS 50% of the time.

Still, I'm not convinced Freeze will go to bammer.

Would make a ton of sense. Fulmer is obsessed with Cut. It’ll say a lot if he’s hired, who’s really running the show. This was the issue I worried about with him. I hope it’s wrong.

Roper?! Geez, if y'all get stuck with that guy, might as well go ahead and eliminate the middleman, fire Pruitt now, and save yourselves all the trouble of losing games; if you think your offense is bad now, you ain't seen nuttin' yet. Amazed he has a job anywhere; thought he was out of coaching altogether.

-
Darin Hinshaw?

good recruiter
- knows TN football very well
- part of the Chaney Offense tree
- QB coach

Last edited:
Let's just poll the student body and see if any of the students parents would be interested in being Offensive Coord at Tennessee. I never dreamed our program would ever get to the point that nobody in the USA even wants an assistant job at UT.

VN Store

Back