Tee coming home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do chuckle at the mindset of many Tennessee fans. You do realize coaching is a job, right? People turn down opportunities for many reasons, and some times the timing or the situation isn't right to go home. But just because the say no once, twice, whatever... is no reason to turn against the idea forever. Look at Roy Williams at UNC - if they had taken the attitude many of you are taking toward Tee, he would have been alienated after he turned them down not once, but three times. Including one time where he'd basically told them he'd say yes if ever asked. If you don't want Tee, the argument should be about his coaching ability. But not because he turned down a job. Some times, the timing just isn't right. When it's right, it's right. When it's not, it's not.

Tee is home in LA. His wife is an entertainment star so he can chill out, work out at the gym and get that belly fat off, and see if UCLA needs a coach or advisor. Of course if the wife has the credit cards loaded up and is a star only in her own mind - he may need to look outside LA for extra income.

Proven by the FACT that he was stripped of ALL play calling duties at USC?

He was the scapegoat. Things got even worse when he was demoted. So . . .

Still has a better resume than Enos. He has been fired before too buddy. Better offense than Canada. He was fired before too.

Show me the candidate that has never been fired with a better resume that is a realistic option.

Name some names.

He was the scapegoat. Things got even worse when he was demoted. So . . .

Still has a better resume than Enos. He has been fired before too buddy. Better offense than Canada. He was fired before too.

Show me the candidate that has never been fired with a better resume that is a realistic option.

Name some names.

Your first sentence says it all. No need to try to converse with you.
Tee's name recognition and Natty ring have gotten him where he is......NOT his coaching ability.
I wish him well, just not as a member of the staff at UT.

Okay...what -has- Tee done as a coach to prove he should be the next OC? Without the ring from 98 no one would talk about him cause his numbers were terrible.

Reactions: AM64 and FLVOL69
Listening to Tee Martin right now. He just said there was a short period of time after Peyton announced he was coming back for his senior year that he was going to transfer to Miami. Never had heard that.

Reactions: FLVOL69
Tee's name recognition and Natty ring have gotten him where he is......NOT his coaching ability.
Like I thought. Nothing. Can't name one name with a better resume that we can get.

Reactions: MiramarVol

Don’t waste your breath on that guy, he’ll have you portrayed as a racist if you say anything negative about Tee..

Reactions: AM64 and Zues1
Don’t waste your breath on that guy, he’ll have you portrayed as a racist if you say anything negative about Tee..

I welcome THAT conversation and have already addressed it in this thread with the three amigos.
Thanks though!

Reactions: FLVOL69
You GOT me........smfh
You finally said something that is correct.

You don't have anyone better.

I welcome THAT conversation and have already addressed it in this thread with the three amigos.
Thanks though!

Funny the only people that keep bringing up race are the ones whining that they hope others don't bring it up.

Come back with some facts buddy.

You finally said something that is correct.

You don't have anyone better.

Funny the only people that keep bringing up race are the ones whining that they hope others don't bring it up.

Come back with some facts buddy.

Read the thread from the start and get back to me on who brought race into the conversation.
I'll wait.

Like I thought. Nothing. Can't name one name with a better resume that we can get.
Not sure how anyone can counter that. If someone's resumé is better, you can just claim that we have no shot at getting them.

Not sure how anyone can counter that. If someone's resumé is better, you can just claim that we have no shot at getting them.

Or we we can compare it to names being discussed right? That is pretty simple. If someone is discussed we can compare.

They were crying about Tee being fired. So lets see what oc candidate who has coached a major program with a first round qb drafted and a bunch of other players, while producing big numbers on O, who has never been fired that we are looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back