Tee coming home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please fans hate Trooper with his towel waving self. And there is no majority that like him. He was a good recruiter and cheerleade. Would your majority want him as OC? I guess he's not qualified.....
Many have issue with Trooper after the Gerald Jones/Gabe Wright crap.

As he should. He has better resume than Enos. He should hold out for something better.

Stupid move on his part. Maybe he gets picked up as a position coach or recruiting coordinator this year. Maybe he spends time sitting on the couch wondering "what might have been."

Regardless, the AP job is a step towards what he wants. He's trying to hurdle three steps right now with concrete blocks tied to his shoes.

You at least take the interview if even to turn them down later.

When Will Healy left APSU, I said “congratulations to Will , no go get Tee Martin”

He was Peays top choice and Tee said he didn’t want to interview. Bite me Tee! U Suck!
It appears that you have ties to Peay. If you take off those blinders, would you want to coach there? Another big time program position coach is a better job than AP

It appears that you have ties to Peay. If you take off those blinders, would you want to coach there? Another big time program position coach is a better job than AP

Still doesn't mean he should turn down the interview. That makes Tee look like he's thinking such jobs are "beneath" him even if they are. AP isn't anyone's destination job by any means. But it is a job with the potential to get noticed and move back into what you want.

At the moment, freshly fired, you at least explore all options presented to you even if they are at the FCS level just to show you're willing to seek "gainful employment."

Still doesn't mean he should turn down the interview. That makes Tee look like he's thinking such jobs are "beneath" him even if they are. AP isn't anyone's destination job by any means. But it is a job with the potential to get noticed and move back into what you want.

At the moment, freshly fired, you at least explore all options presented to you even if they are at the FCS level just to show you're willing to seek "gainful employment."
Respect your opinion but I disagree.

Respect your opinion but I disagree.

So, Tee was right to say "thanks, but no thanks" to at least an interview?

Again, you go, hear what they have to say and give them a polite "okay, let me think it over and I'll be in touch" even if you have no intention of taking the job. You know this as well as I do. It's called marketing yourself when the job you really want comes along and helps put your name back out there as a contender.

Not coaching...... lack of size and TALENT
Will Friend coached Georgia’s offensive line since 2011 after serving four years in the same capacity at UAB. Friend was a four-year starter at guard for Alabama, helping the Crimson Tide to SEC Championship Game in appearances in 1993, 1994 and 1996

So, Tee was right to say "thanks, but no thanks" to at least an interview?

Again, you go, hear what they have to say and give them a polite "okay, let me think it over and I'll be in touch" even if you have no intention of taking the job. You know this as well as I do. It's called marketing yourself when the job you really want comes along and helps put your name back out there as a contender.

Yes, I believe he was. I’m currently a lawyer at a firm. If I got fired from my job and the Legal Aid called me to go interview with them, I would decline and look for a job at another firm elsewhere.

If he has zero interest, then it would actually be disrespectful to AP for him to go there and give them any false hope whatsoever. He will be more attractive staying at a Power 5 school. Trust me, he will have no problem getting one of those jobs.

Yes, I believe he was. I’m currently a lawyer at a firm. If I got fired from my job and the Legal Aid called me to go interview with them, I would decline and look for a job at another firm elsewhere.

If he has zero interest, then it would actually be disrespectful to AP for him to go there and give them any false hope whatsoever. He will be more attractive staying at a Power 5 school. Trust me, he will have no problem getting one of those jobs.

Disagree entirely. Respectfully, of course. On the marketing side of things.

If, supposition of course, a "bigger" name school is looking at him for a coordinator or position coach, but kinda on the fence about it. Then they hear he's talking to an FCS school about being a head coach. That causes them to either move quickly to secure him or they wait and see and miss their opportunity.

Regardless, Tee still has that HC position in his back pocket if nobody else comes calling. But with him turning down the interview, he has nothing and other schools aren't pressured to snag him up.

He ended his tenure at USC on a sour note. He has to rebrand himself even if it is at a backwater FCS school.

You know better than to ask this here.
Volfans don't care if you are a cheater, a liar, a wife beater, turn your back on rampant sexual abuse in your football program or anything else.

Just don't be black and speak . . . about anything.

Tee would be a FANTASTIC hire, but our racist fanbase doesn't deserve him.

If anyone is racist it's you pal, try again

Sure, a lot of fans felt that way. But you would be hard pressed to find a quote from anyone in the Administration or Staff that said anything even close to that.
I feel that Tee thinks UT did PF wrong and since then there's been a bit of good ole boy cronyism as a backdrop to the athletic program and he despises it. Likely told Amari Rodgers not to play here also.

Pruitt could be stringing this out to the point the fans cry "somebody-ANYBODY!" and then he picks Friend. Who was Pruitt's 1st choice all along. heh

You know better than to ask this here.
Volfans don't care if you are a cheater, a liar, a wife beater, turn your back on rampant sexual abuse in your football program or anything else.

Just don't be black and speak . . . about anything.

Tee would be a FANTASTIC hire, but our racist fanbase doesn't deserve him.
How do you know what Vol fans care about? Speak for yourself.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Hasn't Tee Martin already been offered a past job at UT? Didn't -he- turn it down?

Yeah, but he had a job then... And he was already on his way to OC so why take a lateral move to with no expectations of being OC. This is not the case now, he could be a position coach with no problems now.. AKA Job.

Yeah, but he had a job then... And he was already on his way to OC so why take a lateral move to with no expectations of being OC. This is not the case now, he could be a position coach with no problems now.. AKA Job.

Which positional job is he going to take? We don't have any vacancies except an OC position. And that new OC will want to hire his own guy IF he doesn't coach QBs himself.

To be fair at the time he had no clear path to OC at USC since the brothers Helton were still present, I think Tee & family simply want to remain on the west coast...why does our fanbase keep trying to stir up him coming home and it being UT's fault he isn't here?

Poor analogy. A legal aide?
He was an assistant (without a job) getting an interview as a HC.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
If I was Tee I'd go to Austin Peay in a heartbeat. Healy had one solid season and got a Division 1 HC job actually had the opportunity for the South Alabama job after just 2 years as a HC... that's crazy, Tee Martin goes in there and wins 7+ his name would pop up on some list I am sure.

Reactions: peaygolf
Which positional job is he going to take? We don't have any vacancies except an OC position. And that new OC will want to hire his own guy IF he doesn't coach QBs himself.

To be fair at the time he had no clear path to OC at USC since the brothers Helton were still present, I think Tee & family simply want to remain on the west coast...why does our fanbase keep trying to stir up him coming home and it being UT's fault he isn't here?

We don't have a QB coach right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back