Tee coming home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's a solid position coach and recruiter and wouldn't be opposed to him in that role, but I think as a coordinator the jury is still out on him.
Would like to have him as a position coach. He would be a great recruiter and might develop into more in time. I want to win football games again and don't care what bridges have already been burned by turning us down in the past.

Tee is now jobless would we be interested in hiring him as a position coach? I think it would be a good pick up for recruiting.

Absolutely NOT. He has lived in California for too long and probably now thinks of us Tennesseans as hicks. He made fun of Jalen Hurd when he signed with us, rather than Southern Cal.
I also doudt that he would ever leave the California region.

Tee is now jobless would we be interested in hiring him as a position coach? I think it would be a good pick up for recruiting.

Jesus Christ can we please FORGET TEE MARTIN as a coach???? He is jobless and not mentioned in any search for a reason but every third week we have to endure a thread about Tee being back at UT. He got play calling duties taken away from him mid way through last season and then was not retained after the season......did you ever think he may not be that good of a coach? He played on our NC team but you rarely ever see him back on campus or promoting UT, maybe he is just not that fond of UT any more. Just leave it alone and forget he exists unless you are watching '98 highlights.

He is a better oc candidate than many names thrown out there, If we miss on Freeze we could do a lot worse.

PERFECT......take a guy who just got fired as the OC for a 5-7 team with play calling duties taken away from him and hire him to improve a 5-7 team with fewer athletes and a worse OL. What could possibly go wrong? Think before you hit post reply.......

Reactions: Rockyjr
Not after he tried to play the race card for getting fired after 5-7 season.

Honestly, I'd take him over Weinke.

I loved tee as a player but have absolutely no use for him as a coach/person. Butch went after him hard and he choose to stay at USC over us. I just kind of assumed he'd end up back here because that would've allowed him to be close to his son for the latter part of his high school career. As a father myself, it was hard to understand how he wouldn't jump at that opportunity. I don't know how much less money it might've been and I certainly don't claim to know all the details (and I'm not trying to totally attack his character). I'm just saying personally it'd have taken on hell of a situation behind the scenes for me to not have jumped at a chance to spend a lot more time with my son.

Last edited:
Reactions: imw8n4u
Not after he tried to play the race card for getting fired after 5-7 season.

This. Refuge of a weak mind...and a closet racist. Love what he did at UT. Key player on that '98 team. But all that time out on the Left Coast has changed him. He would not be a good fit, or hire, for this program.

Wish him luck. Elsewhere.

Go Vols.

After further thought, there are several coaches I'd prefer as our OC, but if the choice came down to Friend or Tee, I think I might choose Tee.

No way. He wasn't that impressive (if he was even calling plays) at USC
Beyond nostalgia I don't think him a wise choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back