Pruitt's future here may depend on...

This a dumb post. That is all.
This post is complete garbage! Have you watched anyone on the offensive line at all ? Drew Richmond?
You misspelled ability to recruit
Helton isn't the problem. He's very limited in what he can do with that OL
Helton is not the problem today. Offensive line play, missed tackles, lack of pass rush, no defensive line penetration, etc. is the problem today.
Your take is no different than saying Pruitt should be gone after seeing his first 11 games as a head coach.

A head coach, just like coordinators, are playing with other players they didn’t recruit in their first year. To say Helton is a poor OC based on year 1 is pure stupidity and shows how little football you understand. Go play Madden some more. P
Why does anyone want to debate an attention seeker? Is this really thread worthy?
God shut up already
Did you think that Helton is the problem, then you are not watching the same team that I am. :mad:
Evaluating the playcalling is useless until at least next year. Everything is about trying to scheme around a terrible offensive line.
Obvious you hate JG as you want him to have a 4th straight OC. He’s obviously going to start next year so you clearly don’t want any progress to happen.
Good God...
Funny how the coaches were geniuses against Auburn and Kentucky but now we're in some real trouble if we dont replace Helton or whoever. Time to replace Pruitt maybe? We need coaching stability and a good 4 or 5+ years of it. How the **** do you become world beaters if you're forever changing coaches like a dirty shirt? Have some patience and let the coaches do their jobs.
Sorry but I disagree. Nothing thats happened is his fault. We cant block,hold on to the football or just execute a simple hand off
dont-drink-and-post.jpg
Doesn't matter if they are or not. It's stupid to say Helton's head should be on the chopping block.
I swear people who create threads like this have to be liberal. They obviously don't know anything other than wins and losses or how many points we score or give up. What this coach needs is big time recruits to come in and be willing to be coached up. The reason we looked so good last week against KY was we made them try to beat us by throwing because we stopped the run. KY isn't very good throwing. Mizzou on the other hand has a very potent offense regardless of run or pass. Once again our O-line reminded us of why we need players like Morris and Wright as well as other O-line recruits we have coming this way. As usual people on Vol Nation (not all) don't understand the process of rebuilding. We were very fortunate to win 2 SEC games thus far. We should have beaten SC, but as others have mentioned we need to get rid of the loser mentality.
The IQ is so low in the FF forum after a loss.
Except we don’t have 4 and 5 star players on offense. You have no idea what you are talking about if you think an OC should be fired after one year taking over a 4-8 season. Pure lunacy.
The auburn and Kentucky games were the worst thing that could’ve happened for this coaching staff. Not because they didn’t need the key wins, but because those wins brought out the idiots and somehow made them think we should be competing for the title this year.

Too many dumb people that know nothing of football but watch one team and post on forums.
Yeah because the defense and special teams have just been lights out
These type of idiotic threads are going to be littered throughout VN. Its just sad that we have fans who just fail to understand how important stability is.
Do you even comprehend what you are watching?
But hiring and firing since 2008 has really done well huh?
The guy is clueless.
Apparently you missed our starting QB getting destroyed for the 850th time this year, I’m no doctor but, I’d imagine you can only take so many of those
This is NOT on Helton.
OL has been terrible most of the year (had moments of playing decent).

DL isn't consistent.

LB's not fast enough and aren't great tacklers -- actually this can be said of most of our defense

Chryst wasn't very good today.

He just don't have the horses.
To even consider Pruitt’s future after this year is laughable ... you’d have to be Ray Charles not to see the vast improvement over Lyle
Wet behind the ears.
They need talent to work with fellas. It should be obvious by now.
Sorry to be so blunt but you obviously don’t know a thing about football
Not tonight he wasn’t, he called a good game,

crow.jpg

Single file boys. No pushing. There is plenty for everyone. I added a few reminders in case there are any short term stoners out there.

Reactions: vols72 and Nashvol2
View attachment 177817

Single file boys. No pushing. There is plenty for everyone. I added a few reminders in case there are any short term stoners out there.
I know you were excited about this, but this is a pretty big fail. Who we have as OC isn't gonna matter much at all unless we can recruit and that is what will determine how long Pruitt stays here or how much success he has. Bless your heart though, you took the time to quote about 20 people for one post.

Leaving for a HC job is not the same as being fired. I think you may need a plate of that for yourself
Why should I be eating crow? Helton left on his own for a head coaching job. The whackjobs saying he should have been canned where wrong.
He left for a position that paid $400,000 less to his predecessor. Everybody knows what happened here. I guess if you had the dignity to admit when you were wrong, you wouldn't be spouting off at the mouth and calling people names on a message board when you have no clue what you are talking about.

Reactions: Nashvol2
I know you were excited about this, but this is a pretty big fail. Who we have as OC isn't gonna matter much at all unless we can recruit and that is what will determine how long Pruitt stays here or how much success he has. Bless your heart though, you took the time to quote about 20 people for one post.
dignity.jpg

He left for a position that paid $400,000 less to his predecessor. Everybody knows what happened here. I guess if you had the dignity to admit when you were wrong, you wouldn't be spouting off at the mouth and calling people names on a message board when you have no clue what you are talking about.

Hmmm leaving to become a head coach is definitely a promotion. But hey, keep thinking he should have been canned after 1 year.

Also, taking a pay cut doesn’t mean a thing as he’s going from UT to WKU. I see context isn’t your friend.

What name do I call you exactly?

What was I wrong about scooter?
I just assumed by the tone and subject of your post that you were one of the "stability" or "o-line excuse" whores. I'm not going to dig through the thread or your posts to see. If you say you weren't then that's good enough for me and I apologize.

First part of the job by Pruitt is done which has been handled quickly, professionally, and at no cost to the university. Next question is....will Pruitt recognize that he needs a proven, experienced OC AND give him the freedom to run his system?

Reactions: JazzMaster001
I just assumed by the tone and subject of your post that you were one of the "stability" or "o-line excuse" whores. I'm not going to dig through the thread or your posts to see. If you say you weren't then that's good enough for me and I apologize.
I honestly don’t give a ****, just pointing out how ridiculous you are looking. A new OC isn’t going to have much success unless we improve the personnel on the OL and it’s painfully obvious. You are wrong that Pruitt job will depend on his willingness to fire Helton (which he didn’t) and is very dependent on the recruits he brings in. Go eat a snickers

View attachment 177817

And the dumb keep getting dumber lol.
Yeah he was SO bad that he earned himself a promotion, and you somehow think this is anywhere near the same as being fired.
Go learn the game of football, plenty of YouTube videos you can watch while you scarf down your crow.

First part of the job by Pruitt is done which has been handled quickly, professionally, and at no cost to the university. Next question is....will Pruitt recognize that he needs a proven, experienced OC AND give him the freedom to run his system?

Yeah I’m sure Pruitt is jumping for joy that he now has to go out and find a new OC after year one, and just weeks from the early signing period.

I honestly don’t give a ****, just pointing out how ridiculous you are looking. A new OC isn’t going to have much success unless we improve the personnel on the OL and it’s painfully obvious. You are wrong that Pruitt job will depend on his willingness to fire Helton (which he didn’t) and is very dependent on the recruits he brings in. Go eat a snickers
Lol...If you think Helton hasn't been told to look for another job a long time ago then I want to talk to you about a sweet deal on some bridges I have for sale. If you haven't seen the Oline coming in, go check to recruiting forum. Pruitt would have been gone in 3 years with Helton here. You don't finish 121 in offensive rankings if you know what you are doing and the Saints O-line wouldn't make him a championship OC.

And the dumb keep getting dumber lol.
Yeah he was SO bad that he earned himself a promotion, and you somehow think this is anywhere near the same as being fired.
Go learn the game of football, plenty of YouTube videos you can watch while you scarf down your crow.
lol...oh the irony. $400,000 pay cut promotion.....where do I sign? If you don't understand how big boy football works, just read and don't post.

lol...oh the irony. $400,000 pay cut promotion.....where do I sign? If you don't understand how big boy football works, just read and don't post.

Now compare UT's football budget for coaches vs WKU....

Also his pay is comparable to Sanford and Petrino.... So much for taking a demotion compared to the previous head coaches.

The question is how insane do you have to be that you need an ego stroked as much as you are claiming?

Now compare UT's football budget for coaches vs WKU....

Also his pay is comparable to Sanford and Petrino.... So much for taking a demotion compared to the previous head coaches.

The question is how insane do you have to be that you need an ego stroked as much as you are claiming?

Don't need anything stroked....just thought you might have wanted a chance to admit you were wrong. I noticed you had more posts than anybody on crow list. No sweat...i'm sure you will have lots of other chances.

Lol...If you think Helton hasn't been told to look for another job a long time ago then I want to talk to you about a sweet deal on some bridges I have for sale. If you haven't seen the Oline coming in, go check to recruiting forum. Pruitt would have been gone in 3 years with Helton here. You don't finish 121 in offensive rankings if you know what you are doing and the Saints O-line wouldn't make him a championship OC.
A)I dont think Helton was told to look other places due to the offensive production this year, B) I disagree that Pruitt would have been gone in 3 years with Helton here (as Helton being here, being the reason Pruitt would be fired, and C)You have no idea what Helton's ceiling is with a barely decent offensive line. Him being offered and taking a head coaching job at a Div I school does nothing at all to prove whatever point you are trying to make here.

Don't need anything stroked....just thought you might have wanted a chance to admit you were wrong. I noticed you had more posts than anybody on crow list. No sweat...i'm sure you will have lots of other chances.

Was Helton fired? No he wasn't. Did he warrant a firing after one year? No he didn't. Did he take a promotion and salary that was comparable to the last 2 coaches there? Yes.

Are you such an approval seeking psycho that you have to launch some crusade to prove people wrong even though they weren't wrong? Yes you are....

Was Helton fired? No he wasn't. Did he warrant a firing after one year? No he didn't. Did he take a promotion and salary that was comparable to the last 2 coaches there? Yes.

Are you such an approval seeking psycho that you have to launch some crusade to prove people wrong even though they weren't wrong? Yes you are....
lol...you have a dozen posts in here calling me "dumb" and "stupid" for suggesting it and then it happens and you can't even admit it.....who is the psycho? Bless your heart.....I bet you think Bajakian left on his own accord to become the QB's coach at Tampa Bay. It's ok though...i never expected you to man up.

lol...you have a dozen posts in here calling me "dumb" and "stupid" for suggesting it and then it happens and you can't even admit it.....who is the psycho? Bless your heart.....I bet you think Bajakian left on his own accord to become the QB's coach at Tampa Bay. It's ok though...i never expected you to man up.

Once again, Helton had zero reason to be fired after one year. And guess what, he didn’t get fired and yes, he took a promotion.

It’s ok though, I would expect someone who needs ego strokes to understand a head coaching gig is a promotion over an OC gig

VN Store

Back