Pruitt's future here may depend on...

This is NOT on Helton.
OL has been terrible most of the year (had moments of playing decent).

DL isn't consistent.

LB's not fast enough and aren't great tacklers -- actually this can be said of most of our defense

Chryst wasn't very good today.

He just don't have the horses.

This is NOT on Helton.
OL has been terrible most of the year (had moments of playing decent).

DL isn't consistent.

LB's not fast enough and aren't great tacklers -- actually this can be said of most of our defense

Chryst wasn't very good today.

He just don't have the horses.
Sums it up.

Reactions: SweetAsSodaPop
Not to me...I said the same thing about him last week. 113 ranked offense is unacceptable.
Too much logic in this post. Just because we have better players than dozens of group of five and other awful teams that have better offensive production than we do doesn't mean we should actually expect an OC to be able to do anything with them. It doesn't matter at all whether or not an OC has any imagination or forethought to his gameplan. He calls plays; what more do you want?

Reactions: Volfan76
Everyone always wants to blame an OC or a DC. What I’m about to say has no hard feelings towards players but we just suck. We have a lot of players starting that wouldn’t at top tier sec schools. We don’t have the talent that we need to compete consistently and non of that is this staffs fault. I remember why I got off vol nation for a while. One week our coaching staff deserves coach of the year and the next week they need to be fired. Get a life and let Pruitt do his thing.

Pruitt's future is gonna depend on his ability to bring in the recruits all it really is. For whatever reason alot of vols never seem to realize the disadvantage we face with in state talent. Fulmer recruited his ass off and over came it.

That's it. Seems like a lot of people want to hang on to the illusion that this team has talent. Yep, for sure theres a few studs but not near enough. Five star hearts just dont cut the mustard in the SEC. We need big fast guys on both lines. Idiots saying we need to fire this coach or that coach...it's a good thing Fulmer is guiding this ship.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Two common assumptions that I think any realist has to challenge:

1. The talented linemen are actually out there. Teenagers and their parents are less likely to buy some redneck HS coach's BS that being obese, extremely obese, or morbidly obese is ever healthy, at any age, regardless of how much they bench and squat. Yes, all the linemen are at least obese, look up the definition.

2. Pruitt can find said linemen and entice them to TN, when it's a good ways away from being top 25. No playoffs, no league championships, no New Years bowls. Only the occasional CBS bone. See Cade Mays. Maybe not the most elegant behavior, but no one anywhere can quibble with his choice.

You don't need talent to mix up play calling. Throw a slant, screen, comeback, play action. It's run off tackle and 50/50 bombs. You have to at least try man. No excuses for lack of creativity there. Needs to get the ball in play makers hands. Needs to use Chandler in pass game more and Jennings
I knew we weren't going to score on the drive where we had first and goal because I knew we'd run it twice in a row. I had no idea Helton would be incompetent enough to try to run it in on third down with a QB who makes Tom Brady look fast. A play-action pass on first down on that series would likely have been an automatic TD.

I knew we weren't going to score on the drive where we had first and goal because I knew we'd run it twice in a row. I had no idea Helton would be incompetent enough to try to run it in on third down with a QB who makes Tom Brady look fast. A play-action pass on first down on that series would likely have been an automatic TD.

I dunno man. I expect we should impose our will and punch it in. The Tennessee offensive line last week could do that. And I remember Butch Jones being on the goal line and they were passing the football coming away with nothing.

I dunno man. I expect we should impose our will and punch it in. The Tennessee offensive line last week could do that. And I remember Butch Jones being on the goal line and they were passing the football coming away with nothing.
There is certainly truth to that. Maybe we could rent an OL from some group of five team? I just was speechless that they ran a QB keeper twice in four plays with that QB and that line.

We live to a week to week basis. Flip to the last Saturday’s win and we were wanting to offer him an extension and name him coach if they year...am I wrong? Get a grip dude. Look at the line of scrimmage; now tell me who won that battle...hence the team that’s wins the line of scrimmage more than likely always wins the game. Last week we dominated on both lines of scrimmage and won handily, this week not so much. That’s part of the process of rebuilding program. Some of you fans are so irrational and quite frankly delusional.

Most of our problems on offense is that we suck on the line. No OC could change that. When the line can’t block it’s almost impossible to execute a dam thing.

To even consider Pruitt’s future after this year is laughable ... you’d have to be Ray Charles not to see the vast improvement over Lyle
Being the smartest kid on this short bus wont cut it. Pruitt is D guy and he needs a proven coordinator...especially given the fact that he is a first year HC. I hope he realizes it before it is too late.

To even consider Pruitt’s future after this year is laughable ... you’d have to be Ray Charles not to see the vast improvement over Lyle

Yes jordanthegimp and if our offense identity can be efficiency, Jeremy Pruitt will be good coach. Some fans hurt this program by saying Jeremy Pruitt no good and not give time to get better next year and hurt recruiting to.

VN Store

Back