Jamal Khashoggi

It's not about one person or act. It's about calling someone an ally when they are the exact opposite of what we claim to represent. We can villainize and sanction a country like Iran yet won't do it to one like SA? Why do you think that might be?

Saudi Arabia isn't as batshit crazy as Iran. We can work with them, and they are strategically placed in the most volatile region on earth. Sure, there are other considerations, like oil, but it's a bigger picture than you are painting.

Saudi Arabia isn't as batshit crazy as Iran. We can work with them, and they are strategically placed in the most volatile region on earth. Sure, there are other considerations, like oil, but it's a bigger picture than you are painting.

You can't argue with a liberal about the middle east. They don't care about the big picture, it's all about the little guy.

You can't argue with a liberal about the middle east. They don't care about the big picture, it's all about the little guy.
Does it make you feel more confident in your allegiances to call someone a liberal? It's really a lazy way of getting out of discussing the topic. I don't need a team to cheer

Reactions: RockyTop85
They are only more confident than Iran because they have complete use of the US military to do their dirty work. They are every bit the human rights violator and terror sponsor. They're more connected to direct attacks on the us than Iran. A real energy policy could likely have our need for SA eliminated in under a decade. Will never happen because of money. That's the only reason

We stand for whatever "promotes American interests." Always have, always will, and no different from any other country on planet Earth. Trump is just more brazen and open about what the actual policy is, just like he is on every other issue. Obama, Bush, et al. would have crafted some much better-sounding statement condemning the killing. Trump says "maybe he did, maybe he didn't" and ends a bunch of sentences with exclamation points. The action taken (or lack thereof) is precisely the same.

@utvolpj is right in that we need to stop with the claims that Trump's treatment of Saudi Arabia is somehow beyond the pale or different than administrations before him. Trump is simply falling in line with long-standing United States foreign policy on this issue.

I believe words matter. Trump has convinced his followers that they don't.

I believe words matter. Trump has convinced his followers that they don't.

If words matter why don’t all politicians chose theirs more wisely ? I’m too lazy today to give you whatabouts but you already can probably guess them .

The Iranian government has its issues absolutely, but Saudi Arabia makes Iran look like a humans right paradise. There is not a middle easterner I know that actually likes Saudi Arabia. It really is the worst country on this planet.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Because we are supposed to stand up for what is right and just.
What about the many Muslim nations? Why don't they stand up for what is right and just?

Y'all crucified Bush for going into Iraq. He gassed thousands of Kurds. Also, you put all this credence into the CIA reports but what about those reports when they said there was chemical weapons in Iraq? Is the CIA reputable now?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back