'19 NC ATH Khafre Brown

giphy.gif

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Will be bad if we miss on brown and payton and haselwood and pickens.

Why? I keep seeing people saying "we need speed at WR", we need this particular WR, we need that particular WR... and it's just no... we don't need them... we've got a plethora of SEC-caliber WRs... IF you can snag a Haselwood, then hell yea, do it... but otherwise...

Instead of getting stuck on the flashy guys, I'd much rather use the spots on OL, DL and an elite talent at RB... then take 2-3 WRs next year...

I guarantee if Pruitt thought we "needed" any of these guys we wouldn't be "slow-playing" them... they're probably fall-backs to have a quality player in the back pocket if we miss on the high 4-5* OL/DL/LBs/RBs we're after.... you know... people in the positions we actually have a need for.

Will be bad if we miss on brown and payton and haselwood and pickens.
depends. WR isn't an urgent need.

DL and OL is. so if we take Ramel and that is it, and we ad another OL/DL that we maybe aren't expecting, good for us.

not sure what we do about speed on offense mind you, but we do have more pressing needs in reality.

Reactions: volsagain
You think Brown's worth a scholarship?
Hell yeah. According to Rivals, Brown has offers from UNC, Florida St., Alabama, South Carolina, Michigan, West Virginia and Ohio State to name a few. 4-star with 4.4 speed and his "Hudl" highlights are jaw-dropping, imo

Never seen a WR without a terrible drop.

You guys are too much. His talent has always been high level. High 4* recruit, playing at a high 4* level now, even if it took him a little longer to peak, but spin that narrative.

84 catches 1,100 yards, 11 TD this year. Maybe he could have had a catch or two here

Nathan Peterman syndrome. A guy goes to a smaller school, with less expectations, weaker competition, easier schedule and does well. Then all of a sudden he is something special. Lol.

Hell yeah. According to Rivals, Brown has offers from UNC, Florida St., Alabama, South Carolina, Michigan, West Virginia and Ohio State to name a few. 4-star with 4.4 speed and his "Hudl" highlights are jaw-dropping, imo
Is this a serious question??
No. Just giving Dog the business.

Josh Malone
Jordan Murphy
Josh Palmer

This is an example of a Butch overreaction. WR talent was not his deficiency
Preston Williams
Preston Williams was a great pull as was Malone. How many teams were really recruiting Murphy and Palmer? They are shaping into some decent receivers but Murphy still isn't getting a great deal of time/throws. Palmer has been good at times and some times can't catch anything. They were not high level recruits. Good upside but have to get them there. To my point, we haven't recruited hardly any plug/play receivers in a long time. Nor have we pulled more than 2 or 3 receivers in the last 6/7 years that every one was vying for. Jennings was recruited as a qb but was able to make something of his situation. So what, Williams, even though he couldn't get on the field, Malone, who I believe was underdeveloped under Butch (same can go for Williams) and Calloway, who has played well through it all; who else?

Lol he was joking.

Why? I keep seeing people saying "we need speed at WR", we need this particular WR, we need that particular WR... and it's just no... we don't need them... we've got a plethora of SEC-caliber WRs... IF you can snag a Haselwood, then hell yea, do it... but otherwise...

Instead of getting stuck on the flashy guys, I'd much rather use the spots on OL, DL and an elite talent at RB... then take 2-3 WRs next year...

I guarantee if Pruitt thought we "needed" any of these guys we wouldn't be "slow-playing" them... they're probably fall-backs to have a quality player in the back pocket if we miss on the high 4-5* OL/DL/LBs/RBs we're after.... you know... people in the positions we actually have a need for.

Look at the best teams in the SEC, specifically their WRs. Do we have anything close to a Jeudy, Smith, Goodwin or Hardman when it comes to speed? No we dont. Those are guys that can take the top off a defense. We have good WRs but most are good possession guys.

Would love to have Brown in this class. 3-4 years of Brown > than 1-2 years of Payton. However, another big time OL or DL >>>>> Brown. On the same page as PoweredByTheT here.

Reactions: The Dog
Lol he was joking.
Yeah, I figured it out after he posted that he was pulling my chain. U know, I got my boy's back. Looking more and more like Brown is going to be a Vol. Although honestly, if we could flip/steal Pickens, I would be even more ecstatic than I would be with getting Brown. 6'5 WRs that play like Pickens don't grow on trees

Preston Williams was a great pull as was Malone. How many teams were really recruiting Murphy and Palmer? They are shaping into some decent receivers but Murphy still isn't getting a great deal of time/throws. Palmer has been good at times and some times can't catch anything. They were not high level recruits. Good upside but have to get them there. To my point, we haven't recruited hardly any plug/play receivers in a long time. Nor have we pulled more than 2 or 3 receivers in the last 6/7 years that every one was vying for. Jennings was recruited as a qb but was able to make something of his situation. So what, Williams, even though he couldn't get on the field, Malone, who I believe was underdeveloped under Butch (same can go for Williams) and Calloway, who has played well through it all; who else?
Where are all the drops u speak of for Palmer? Probably the most improved player on the team..

VN Store

Back